Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Klyith posted:

Not that it makes any real impact for most people ITT using desktops, because even a power-hungry nvme drive uses a trivial amount of power by desktop standards. But in a laptop every watt counts for battery life.

Would less power also translate to less heat, and thus less chance of throttling under heavy use? That might still be useful for a desktop if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Samsung costs more generally, but they do have the smaller 250GB option while most of the others start at 500.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Potato Salad posted:

I have a 970 evo and I hate that I need to think about that fucker rather than only worrying about reading up on bugs/firmware for the devices in my workplace

What, are 970 Evos failing too? Magician says mine has the latest firmware.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Newegg is selling Intel 670p drives for $80 for 2TB, is there anything wrong with those?