Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clobbermeister
Aug 14, 2004

Clean. Bright. Articulate.
Hello friends. I am a very lucky man. I was given an MSI VR Backpack PC from ~2017 which I'm going to turn into my next desktop computer. It's good to go all around except that the SSD is only 256gb. I looked under the hood and discovered it is currently running this SSD, a Toshiba XG3 Series.

I've done some research and matched up the various stats that seem (!) important to me. I'm hoping you can recommend a 1TB replacement. Do I need to check anything other than the following to ensure compatibility?

-PCI Express 3.1x4
-Form Factor M2 2280

Would this Intel 760p Series be a suitable replacement? Am I missing something important?

edit: looks like my search terms were too restrictive -- just ordered a Crucial P2 1TB.

Clobbermeister fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU