Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

derk
Sep 24, 2004
I have a dead 840 Evo drive that refuses to show up in bios or anything. I have tried powering it for 30 minutes without data hooked up a few times, still to no avail. is it just done for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derk
Sep 24, 2004

redeyes posted:

Probably. Try leaving it powered for a day or 2 with no data. If after that you get nothing, its a goner. On the other hand SSDs are ultra cheap right now. Great time for an upgrade.

Good thing is it is not mine. I don't own any SSDs yet. It belonged to my cousin he has had it for about 5 years maybe 6. He already replaced it and i was just trying to resurrect it and get data off it if possible and maybe using it myself if it still worked.