Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Recently visited Boston, a fellow NORTHERN city, and let me tell you. If you want to see a place that killed a bunch of Southerners you need to go there. That alone is worth the price of admission. Some things to see at the statehouse:

A full size statue of the youngest General in the Union army, famous for killing Southerners. A place of honor for him INDEED!

Gravesites of many founding fathers. Sure, they were dickbags, but they certainly weren't no Confederate scum. THey shipped THOSE guys down South of the Mason Dixon!

A lot of cool local breweries!

Did I mention the killing of Southern rebels? owns.

Safe travel and plenty to do in the Boston Common! Hell yeah, nice greenspace!

Reasons NOT to live in Boston:

Tolls. Just lol Tolls.

The bars close at 1AM like babby's first alcohol. What the hell!?

Lol good luck finding your way around the city. We don't need no city planning!

Traffic. Jesus Harambe Christ.

All in all Boston is a cool place to visit with a lot of nice history. But, Des Moines remains a superior city. Still make sure you swing by Boston and check out some of the famous landmarks shamelessly stolen from Fallout 4!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
yah but the bassist killed himself

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, one big problem with that idea, chief. there are bostonians there.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
seeing Boston used to own I agree

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The Boston Red Sox were the last team in the major leagues to integrate, holding out until 1959.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
Boston sounds like rear end

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lovely places to live: takes one to know one OP

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I've been playing Fallout 4, so have been spending a lot of time in Boston lately.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

my gf is from boston and she says the freedom trail is cool

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
This thread is trying to be foreplay when it has just been a long time since poo poo went down.

The city has a loving magnificent public transport system though.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i played fallout 4 too so AMA about Boston

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah the Boston people are assholes.

My big group was standing on the street blocking it and I said "Hey lets move over to the side so people can get through" and they are like "Lol wtf this is Boston they go AROUND"

I guess "Iowa Nice" isn't enough in Bawston.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

so you hate the south because it's a racist shithole, but you love boston in spite of the fact that it's one of the most racist cities in america? that's our jastiger!

nrook posted:

The Boston Red Sox were the last team in the major leagues to integrate, holding out until 1959.
case in point. also jackie robinson looked into playing there but their racist owner didn't want him and also some fan called him a friend of the family

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

VendaGoat posted:

This thread is trying to be foreplay when it has just been a long time since poo poo went down.

I think i should be going

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jastiger posted:

Yeah the Boston people are assholes.

My big group was standing on the street blocking it and I said "Hey lets move over to the side so people can get through" and they are like "Lol wtf this is Boston they go AROUND"

I guess "Iowa Nice" isn't enough in Bawston.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

bow down southern bitches

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mariana Horchata posted:

bow down southern bitches

what a oval office

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

what a oval office

Was he a "southie"?

:v:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
lots of ppl in Boston are assholes tho whether its legit or a fashionable put on, but i dont play that way. unless im behind the wheel then i will attempt to put u on the side of the road if im fairly sure ill never hear anything of it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

VendaGoat posted:

Was he a "southie"?

:v:

fallout tells me theyre scrubs

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
driving up the hillier parts of boston made me really nervous. didnt see any racism, but there was a lot of hispanic people.

i didnt see any black white couples walking around though which i see all the time in virginia

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if you really want to go to a place that "killed a lot of southerners" you should go to ohio

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The entire east coast kind of seems like it sucks. It's cold. They get hurricanes. It's full of white people so the food is terrible.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

my gf that is actually from boston says jamaica plains is the ghetto

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Relin posted:

driving up the hillier parts of boston made me really nervous. didnt see any racism, but there was a lot of hispanic people.

i didnt see any black white couples walking around though which i see all the time in virginia

well Mattapan is blacker than Zaire but the ppl are the absolute greatest in the whole city, go to Simcoes and then ride the Ashmont–Mattapan High Speed Line and you will understand

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

post pictures

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

The entire east coast kind of seems like it sucks.

Pretty much, although I do have to say it is probably better than flyover hellholes like Iowa.

West Coast = Best Coast

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

fallout tells me theyre scrubs

I...
I'm gonna get a drink of water.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

does this gimmick ever exhaust you

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

also remember to vote 1 kids

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

boston is pretty cool but im more of a journey fan

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
To whom are you speaking HTH?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

VendaGoat posted:

:golfclap:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufCbmQHYPBg

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:worship:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

jastiger, you know the us civil war ended like over 150 years ago right? boston is a cool place i guess, better than des moines probably (i haven't been there, like most people, because there's nothing there), but drat dude

iowa was barely even a state in 1861

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I lived in Boston during the Bicentennial. It was kinda cool to see the actual place where something historic happened on the 200th anniversary. Especially if there was some sort of reenactment. I learned to fire a flintlock musket, too.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sokrateez posted:

jastiger, you know the us civil war ended like over 150 years ago right? boston is a cool place i guess, better than des moines probably (i haven't been there, like most people, because there's nothing there), but drat dude

iowa was barely even a state in 1861

Iowa fought against the evil south and contributed to the greatest accomplishment of thr United States Army in its entire history: the destruction of the Confederate states of America. Many northern cities may be shitholes but they at least did that, and it should be celebrated at every turn.

Boston was fun to visit for sure, and id go back. But i couldnt live there. The people are too rude and the city too hectic.
Good seafood though

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Boston was oddly the first city where I experienced some deep dish racism and classism. Do you know how bad you have to be to beat New York? gently caress I bet half of those lobster-eaters would consider that a point of loving pride.

Nice architecture though and the average person in the city center was way more educated and chill than any other city I've been to. It's also the only city I've been to in the US that feels like it has history living in it from top to bottom. New Orleans and Philly segregate what's left of their history to one tourist corner, and New York is always literally building on top of itself that while there's historical poo poo it's always a mish-mash of eras. Boston had a nice consistency to it. The North End in particular has a great English feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"The north end in particular has a great English feel." he said right before being savagely beaten at a south Boston bus stop.

• Locked thread