Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
Hey everybody. There’s been some rumblings lately from the higher ups that a few things need to change around here. In the spirit of community, let’s all do our best to come up with some good, wholesome new rules.

No joking around in this thread!!! This is for serious discussion of what the best new rules in General Bull poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
Rule: anyone who used a slur in their post gets a JINX. not gonna list the slurs and bad words here because i’m not going to jinx myself, but you know what they are. anyway, when you’re jinxed, for 1 week any words you post will get filtered and replaced with a paragraph from Moby Dick. to break your jinx early you have to mail a polite handwritten apology to the Something Awful LLC headquarters in [Missouri or Kansas or wherever the hell it is again, edit this before posting].

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Rule: Lots of forums have Idiot Kings (or “IKs” for those in the know), well GBS is going to have Village Idiots. The village idiot(s) is(are) randomly selected from the pool of posters who have had a thread goldmined within the last year. The selected Village Idiot(s) are, for the duration of the month, subject to the inverse of every gbs rule except the prohibition on NWS poo poo.

Examples of normal rules everyone is subject to: “Worthless Posts: We do not care if you are drunk or high; please do not inform us of either.”
“Low Content Posts: Please do not make posts containing no content (ie, "first post," "hello, I'm new here," etc.).“
"Forum Fuckery: Don't gently caress up the forums or any user on the forums. If you post a malicious link (any URL with spyware or code designed to annoy people) you will be banned."

Examples of their corresponding inverses that the Village Idiot(s) must follow: “Worthless Posts: We do care if you are drunk or high; please inform us of either.”
“Low Content Posts: Please make posts containing no content (ie, "first post," "hello, I'm new here," etc.).“
"Forum Fuckery: gently caress up the forums or any user on the forums. If you do not post a malicious link (any URL with spyware or code designed to annoy people) you will be banned."

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
seems like a desperate attempt, are there really that many people joining over the robocop thing??

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
nice meltdown

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Rule:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Rule: Better be careful with the report button!! If, upon mod review, it is determined that the person youre reporting didn’t do something worth probating/banning them for, you will spend a week set to read-only for every forum except You Look Like poo poo and Business, Finance, and Careers. It’s the first step to a brand new you!

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
here is a rule suck my balls lmao

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Rule: act like u have some drat sense. Greyhound dont float on water.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
Suck my duck you fuckman

Am I popular yet???

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
New Rule: Everyone is to be nice to forum user Kuato, and discontinue the efforts at hurting his feelings.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Oh boy, the honkies are gonna be mad about this one!!

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Hey everybody. There’s been some rumblings lately from the higher ups that a few things need to change around here. In the spirit of community, let’s all do our best to come up with some good, wholesome new rules.

No joking around in this thread!!! This is for serious discussion of what the best new rules in General Bull poo poo

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Rule: anyone who used a slur in their post gets a JINX. not gonna list the slurs and bad words here because i’m not going to jinx myself, but you know what they are. anyway, when you’re jinxed, for 1 week any words you post will get filtered and replaced with a paragraph from Moby Dick. to break your jinx early you have to mail a polite handwritten apology to the Something Awful LLC headquarters in [Missouri or Kansas or wherever the hell it is again, edit this before posting].

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Rule: Lots of forums have Idiot Kings (or “IKs” for those in the know), well GBS is going to have Village Idiots. The village idiot(s) is(are) randomly selected from the pool of posters who have had a thread goldmined within the last year. The selected Village Idiot(s) are, for the duration of the month, subject to the inverse of every gbs rule except the prohibition on NWS poo poo.

Examples of normal rules everyone is subject to: “Worthless Posts: We do not care if you are drunk or high; please do not inform us of either.”
“Low Content Posts: Please do not make posts containing no content (ie, "first post," "hello, I'm new here," etc.).“
"Forum Fuckery: Don't gently caress up the forums or any user on the forums. If you post a malicious link (any URL with spyware or code designed to annoy people) you will be banned."

Examples of their corresponding inverses that the Village Idiot(s) must follow: “Worthless Posts: We do care if you are drunk or high; please inform us of either.”
“Low Content Posts: Please make posts containing no content (ie, "first post," "hello, I'm new here," etc.).“
"Forum Fuckery: gently caress up the forums or any user on the forums. If you do not post a malicious link (any URL with spyware or code designed to annoy people) you will be banned."

In the old days this would have led to a mod challenge.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

packsmack posted:

Suck my duck you fuckman

Am I popular yet???

is there a posting equivalent of tinnitus?

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

packsmack posted:

Suck my duck you fuckman

Am I popular yet???

nice try "packsmack" if that even is your real name, it takes a lot more cluck im gray to be popular around here

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Nice new avatar hth.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

hth posted:

is there a posting equivalent of tinnitus?

ironic or seirous nihilism in gbs is becoming this

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
apparently if you post with a new account in byob and say you're new they do this to you now lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nathilus posted:

Nice new avatar hth.

thanks. it still has a swastka in it.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
omg now I understand he was talking to aitch tee aitch about his AV and the loving word filter got him sorry for answering for him by accident about myself

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Hey OP! I hope you have a really nice day and things go well for you. Remember that there is nothing to worry about and for the most part things will work out. When you come home, I want you to do one thing. I want you to really consider everything in your life and show appreciation for them. Then I want you to get down on your knees and suck my dick, you fuckman.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Lol like it matters that bitch is deaf anyways she can't hear poo poo

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

hell yeah. DnD mod lookin good

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Why would we just copy the rules from the star citizen forum??

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i already adhere to most of these so i think i can get down with dr. robotnik's forum utopia

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Rule: if you post in stickied threads you are a muffin-lovin sellout

Keep it underground ya heard

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Sid Vicious posted:

omg now I understand he was talking to aitch tee aitch about his AV and the loving word filter got him sorry for answering for him by accident about myself

That's a pretty cool avvy too, though! Yeah. H_T_H's name is good and amusingly triggers the filter. The filter even changes his name when you quote him. Heh.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Alow new variations of memes , especially when a significant body of users has said they find them funny, e.g. Krusty heart attack.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

BigBadSteve posted:

Alow new variations of memes , especially when a significant body of users has said they find them funny, e.g. Krusty heart attack.

uh i asked for serious rules here. mods??

Rule:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Rule: this character is to be referred to at all times as robotnik, NOT eggman.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
everyone go look at the alex Jones thread i know it sounds bad but km making some hilarious photoshops I'm really talented

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
new rule: everyone can tell me to kill myself if they want. i don't mind, i was gonna do it anyway.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

new rule: everyone can tell me to kill myself if they want. i don't mind, i was gonna do it anyway.

dont kill yourself it's not worth it you have so muxh to live for like for instance sucking my balllllls

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

tenspott posted:

Lol like it matters that bitch is deaf anyways she can't hear poo poo

i don't know if it would count, but just in case that word you said would count as a slur, here is an example of what your posts would be filtered to under the JINX rule I suggested in an above post:

tenspott posted:

Next was Tashtego, an unmixed Indian from Gay Head, the most westerly
promontory of Martha's Vineyard, where there still exists the last
remnant of a village of red men, which has long supplied the neighboring
island of Nantucket with many of her most daring harpooneers. In the
fishery, they usually go by the generic name of Gay-Headers. Tashtego's
long, lean, sable hair, his high cheek bones, and black rounding
eyes--for an Indian, Oriental in their largeness, but Antarctic in their
glittering expression--all this sufficiently proclaimed him an inheritor
of the unvitiated blood of those proud warrior hunters, who, in quest
of the great New England moose, had scoured, bow in hand, the aboriginal
forests of the main. But no longer snuffing in the trail of the wild
beasts of the woodland, Tashtego now hunted in the wake of the great
whales of the sea; the unerring harpoon of the son fitly replacing the
infallible arrow of the sires. To look at the tawny brawn of his lithe
snaky limbs, you would almost have credited the superstitions of some of
the earlier Puritans, and half-believed this wild Indian to be a son
of the Prince of the Powers of the Air. Tashtego was Stubb the second
mate's squire.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Sid Vicious posted:

here is a rule suck my balls lmao

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
don't be a dick, op

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
The only rule this forum needs is No Homers

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

I'm sick of everyone using jargon in here, people should have to define all the words they used in their posts.

all - each member of a set
define - communicate the meaning of
everyone - collectively, all people
here - this place, the Something Awful Forums
I'm - a contraction of 'I am', meaning the speaker, chaosbreather, is describing their state in the present tense
in - contained by
jargon - argot
of - a word that relates the preceding clause to the proceeding
people - humans posting to the Something Awful Forums
posts - messages shared on the Something Awful Forums
should have to - feel obligated to
sick - tired, or bored of, to the point of some form of psychological pain
the - singular definite article
their - indicates the following to be the posessions or creations of the human subjects in question
they - the collective group of people being referred to
use/using/used - exploit/exploiting/exploited, include/including/included or manipulate/manipulating/manipulated
words - a grouping of letters separated by non letters that when read communicate meanings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
we can't make death threats but can we make death pools and place really early bets for old forum members like say genesplicer

• Locked thread