Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Hey everybody. There’s been some rumblings lately from the higher ups that a few things need to change around here. In the spirit of community, let’s all do our best to come up with some good, wholesome new rules.

No joking around in this thread!!! This is for serious discussion of what the best new rules in General Bull poo poo

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Rule: anyone who used a slur in their post gets a JINX. not gonna list the slurs and bad words here because i’m not going to jinx myself, but you know what they are. anyway, when you’re jinxed, for 1 week any words you post will get filtered and replaced with a paragraph from Moby Dick. to break your jinx early you have to mail a polite handwritten apology to the Something Awful LLC headquarters in [Missouri or Kansas or wherever the hell it is again, edit this before posting].

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Rule: Lots of forums have Idiot Kings (or “IKs” for those in the know), well GBS is going to have Village Idiots. The village idiot(s) is(are) randomly selected from the pool of posters who have had a thread goldmined within the last year. The selected Village Idiot(s) are, for the duration of the month, subject to the inverse of every gbs rule except the prohibition on NWS poo poo.

Examples of normal rules everyone is subject to: “Worthless Posts: We do not care if you are drunk or high; please do not inform us of either.”
“Low Content Posts: Please do not make posts containing no content (ie, "first post," "hello, I'm new here," etc.).“
"Forum Fuckery: Don't gently caress up the forums or any user on the forums. If you post a malicious link (any URL with spyware or code designed to annoy people) you will be banned."

Examples of their corresponding inverses that the Village Idiot(s) must follow: “Worthless Posts: We do care if you are drunk or high; please inform us of either.”
“Low Content Posts: Please make posts containing no content (ie, "first post," "hello, I'm new here," etc.).“
"Forum Fuckery: gently caress up the forums or any user on the forums. If you do not post a malicious link (any URL with spyware or code designed to annoy people) you will be banned."

Suck my dick, you fuckman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

chaosbreather posted:

I'm sick of everyone using jargon in here, people should have to define all the words they used in their posts.

all - each member of a set
define - communicate the meaning of
everyone - collectively, all people
here - this place, the Something Awful Forums
I'm - a contraction of 'I am', meaning the speaker, chaosbreather, is describing their state in the present tense
in - contained by
jargon - argot
of - a word that relates the preceding clause to the proceeding
people - humans posting to the Something Awful Forums
posts - messages shared on the Something Awful Forums
should have to - feel obligated to
sick - tired, or bored of, to the point of some form of psychological pain
the - singular definite article
their - indicates the following to be the posessions or creations of the human subjects in question
they - the collective group of people being referred to
use/using/used - exploit/exploiting/exploited, include/including/included or manipulate/manipulating/manipulated
words - a grouping of letters separated by non letters that when read communicate meanings

Now define all the words you used to define the other words

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
rules are for fools

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
1. If it's yellow, let it mellow
2. Red sky at night, sailors delight
3. rear end, cash, or grass
4. If momma ain't happy, nobody ain't happy
5. Don't ask me, I just work here!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

All probated and banned users should have access to goons with spoons

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ideas being floated around the admin forum right now:

- Ban all discussion of the show Breaking Bad so that nobody spoils the ending, which is that Jesse comes back from the future and is revealed to be Walter White.
- All slurries are banned: this includes slush, slurpies, and ANY discussion of the Orange Julius franchise.
- Everyone gets a free DVD of Nukie with their Platinum membership.
- All probated and banned users will have access to Goons With Spoons.
- All the posters you want to be freed will be freed, but for each life we return to you we will take five more. That is the bargain, and that is the cost.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Give each user in impzone a 10 hp bar that goes -1 for each post and at 0 they get banned

good posts get hp or something

and I dunno a fairy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

Give each user in impzone a 10 hp bar that goes -1 for each post and at 0 they get banned

good posts get hp or something

and I dunno a fairy
U mad?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ideas being floated around the admin forum right now:

- Ban all discussion of the show Breaking Bad so that nobody spoils the ending, which is that Jesse comes back from the future and is revealed to be Walter White.
- All slurries are banned: this includes slush, slurpies, and ANY discussion of the Orange Julius franchise.
- Everyone gets a free DVD of Nukie with their Platinum membership.
- All probated and banned users will have access to Goons With Spoons.
- All the posters you want to be freed will be freed, but for each life we return to you we will take five more. That is the bargain, and that is the cost.

I own nukie on vhs

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

dad gay. so what posted:

I own nukie on vhs
That kicks rear end.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I think a cool thing would be to un ban ever banned and Permabaned user for a couple weeks just to,see what happens.

I was gonna suggest that back when I was a mod but I got too busy with being the most ineffective mod in sa history

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

8 track betamax posted:

I think a cool thing would be to un ban ever banned and Permabaned user for a couple weeks just to,see what happens.

I was gonna suggest that back when I was a mod but I got too busy with being the most ineffective mod in sa history

you were the worst mod ever but im glad you are back. caring is the worst thing you can do as a mod imo

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Good grief I didn't know not being a mod anymore meant it was open season of hurting my feelings

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

8 track betamax posted:

Good grief I didn't know not being a mod anymore meant it was open season of hurting my feelings

calm down

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
i always liked the beta max kid

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sid Vicious posted:

i always liked the beta max kid

i cant even work my ttrackpad

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

8 track betamax posted:

In the annals of history you will be remembered as an above average mod.

Also in the anals of history.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Possible new mod avatar with some editing:

Maybe IK.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
Rule: any image currently on the mods’ poo poo List can only be posted in the form of a picture of a unique handwritten/hand-drawn image (no tablet bullshit!! a real drawing! on paper). You cannot re-use images; for every posting you must draw a new stock-photo-of-salad / happycat / ACES! etc.

Example:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That's a nice drawing!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Seeing that drawing, makes me happy.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
I did a drawing like that once

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
omg that drawing would be the best av

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Sid Vicious posted:

I did a drawing like that once

lol that ruled

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

I'm the bulletVibrator.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
New rule: cram it.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

JiveHonky posted:

:shittypop:

Whoa! Can cut your hand on rules this edgy.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

JiveHonky posted:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Rule: any image currently on the mods’ poo poo List can only be posted in the form of a picture of a unique handwritten/hand-drawn image (no tablet bullshit!! a real drawing! on paper). You cannot re-use images; for every posting you must draw a new stock-photo-of-salad / happycat / ACES! etc.

Example:

Everybody gets one unique shot at a worn-out meme. If it comes up again, it's no longer unique. If you do multiple versions, they are no longer unique (but if you put enough effort into them, they may earn a miss).

This one pleases me. This time.

naem
May 29, 2011

-stabbing

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Kuato posted:

:shittypop:

Whoa! Can cut your hand on rules this edgy.

I'm having a fit of rambunction rn, I'm ouch of control

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

I don't even know what to do when u post this I get all flustered and I drop my reading glasses

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

JiveHonky posted:

I don't even know what to do when u post this I get all flustered and I drop my reading glasses

You spread joy to the world spudsy, be happy.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

OctoberBlues posted:

You spread joy to the world spudsy, be happy.

Haha okay. Peace be with you and also to you.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
death to the spud

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
rules?

not my stile pal

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Putty posted:

death to the spud

Please don't wish death on JiveHonky

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
You can eat whatever you want but you have to sit on it first

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

OctoberBlues posted:

Please don't wish death on JiveHonky

whatever damage is inflicted to the spud JiveHonkey recieves tenfold that is it's power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i hope nobody dies ever

• Locked thread