Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
What are some good ways to make $0.30 noodle soup edible?

I've been throwing in a couple eggs and some kimchi recently and it works nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
hoo boy

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Have you tried cooking it?

nazutul
Jul 12, 2006
Lemme tell you something, boy

Control Volume posted:

Have you tried cooking it?

No, I doubt he has. It's a pretty non-obvious approach. Please try and post trip report.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Boof Bonser posted:

What are some good ways to make $0.30 noodle soup edible?

there are none

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
1. throw away the 30cent stuff
2. buy $1 Nongshim Shin
3. brown and fry the gently caress out of a little ground pork
4. make the ramen
5. chop up some green onion and throw it in
6. throw in the pork
7. finish with a dash of sesame oil

and if you're feeling fancy and want to splurge, get the $2 nongshim shin BLACK which comes with an additional pork bone broth sachet.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Nongshim is too close to dongshim. I'm not eating fingers that have just poked a butt.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Shin black is the poo poo.

IDGAF if tarting up ramen is not a cool post anymore. I love doing that poo poo.

My go-to is leftover meat (preferably pulled pork but grilled chicken will do)
a handful of frozen stirfry veg (easy to keep on hand and no prep)
soy sauce
fish sauce
sesame oil
lots of fuckin green onions
pickled thai chiles
hardboiled egg
thai basil and/or cilantro

It's also good with a tin of decent sardines mashed in.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
whats the difference between nongshim black and red? i've only had the red

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSuwR6biz6w

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
first step in making ramen edible

• post a poo poo 0-effort thread in gws about it

Utterly Irrelephant
Sep 6, 2007
ive got a rocket in my pocket
add some taco bell fire sauce

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Have you tried unplugging and plugging the stove back in?

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
An egg, diced carrot and celery. It's like 50 cents for a days worth of protein.

Sriracha makes it better.

It's actually better than that hard noodle crap.

indoflaven fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 2, 2016

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Ranter posted:

and if you're feeling fancy and want to splurge, get the $2 nongshim shin BLACK which comes with an additional pork bone broth sachet.

This is the best instant ramen I've ever had.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Jose posted:

whats the difference between nongshim black and red? i've only had the red

The biggest difference is Black has an additional sachet that contains pork bone broth powder to make a real cloudy pork ramen broth. It also comes with the regular Red chili powder sachet and dried vegetable sachet. Some people claim the noodles are even chewier/bouncier and that the vegetables are 'bigger' but I think that's BS.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I didn't like Nongshim Black as much as Samyang Buldak.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!

mindphlux posted:

first step in making ramen edible

• post a poo poo 0-effort thread in gws about it

This is a good point it's basically impossible to have a conversation about instant noodles without a lot of prompting, extensive exposition, and plenty of pictures.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Didn't David Chang basically own cacio e pepe using $.30 ramen noodles, a little water, pepper, and cheese?

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Boof Bonser posted:

This is a good point it's basically impossible to have a conversation about instant noodles without a lot of prompting, extensive exposition, and plenty of pictures.

thanks glad someone else agrees really effort doesnt matter when posting on th

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
You on your period, phlux? Have a cranberry juice.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Nongshim is too close to dongshim. I'm not eating fingers that have just poked a butt.

Butt poke is ddongchim. Also the entire Korean language is homophones so you gotta deal.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Although I have no idea where to get it online for less than 3 bucks a pack, this stuff has been the best instant noodle I've had in a long time: https://www.amazon.com/Paldo-Jjamppong-Noodle-Seafood-Flavor/dp/B01D6T8B52

Dude on the package is a Korean celebrity chef who specializes in Korean-style Chinese food. It comes with dehydrated vegetables/seafood, spicy seafood broth concentrate (like a paste) and a packet of oil that you add after everything else is cooked that adds a smoky wok hei-like flavor. It tastes remarkably close to the actual dish you get in restaurants (jjamppong).

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This youtube cooking show has five different recipes for ramen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKbm4CDvO-A

Bonus points if you decide to make your ramen in a Thermomix(r).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yr_etbfZtQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Butt poke is ddongchim. Also the entire Korean language is homophones so you gotta deal.

Ah, okay. I have no idea how to spell anything Korean. Or how to pronounce anything. I do try, at least.

• Locked thread