Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

that felicity line wasn't funny until ollie completely no-sold it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Brother Entropy posted:

that felicity line wasn't funny until ollie completely no-sold it

It's kind of weird, they actually seem to have rediscovered what made Felicity an enjoyable character.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zebulon posted:

It's kind of weird, they actually seem to have rediscovered what made Felicity an enjoyable character.

equivalent exchange, to turn arrow's angst machine back into the awkward cute nerd they had to turn flash's awkward cute nerd into an angst machine

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I feel like this season might be going back to basics in all the right ways. I'm also loving the Ollie being mayor stuff. There was a lot of concern last season that it wouldn't go anywhere, but it's pretty interesting so far.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

equivalent exchange, to turn arrow's angst machine back into the awkward cute nerd they had to turn flash's awkward cute nerd into an angst machine

Well, thankfully we seem to have that poo poo sorted out and we have awkward cute nerd Felicity back and angsty rear end in a top hat murderhobo Ollie back.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Awww, Detective Lance :smith:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

When did Curtis become such a baby

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

nooneofconsequence posted:

When did Curtis become such a baby

I would guess sometime soon after getting punched repeatedly in the face by Ollie.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I think I'd start having second thoughts about being around murderhobo Ollie too if his ire turned on his own teammates and potential recruits for no discernible reasons.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I hope Rag Man makes the team.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

so did the writers play new vegas over the break or what

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I think Rag man would have significant problems working with Felicity

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

howe_sam posted:

I think Rag man would have significant problems working with Felicity

I hope it stays a secret for late season drama.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I hope Rag Man makes the team.

Looks like you got your wish... mine as well.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

is Felicity pregnant?

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
Who's Prometheus, I'm guessing it's either slade or Malcolm, but any third options??

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

6-year plan man posted:

Who's Prometheus, I'm guessing it's either slade or Malcolm, but any third options??

fwiw prometheus is an established dc character who's like, an inverse of batman(his parents were criminals who were killed by cops at a young age)

if it's a new character it'll probably be someone from his russia adventures

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
What a fantastic episode. Felt really long, but in a good way. Curious what the Dig stuff is all about.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It occurs to me that loving around with the husband of the director of Argus is probably not a strong career move.

Lyla is still in charge of Argus right?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

This has been far better than the past few seasons. Holding out hope they can keep it together, I've just about abandoned Flash.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pee out my butt posted:

They're going to do some Infinite Crisis bullshit and use it as an excuse to bring back Laurel.

If this happens I'll come back to the show, and not a moment before. :colbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Please let Prometheus be Tommie...

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Arrow is great again. Oliver is dropping bodies, Felicity isn't whining as much (there was a follow up on her nuking a place!), the new team seems to have decent chops, and I'm excited to watch again. what a world, but then again this is what I said about Season 4...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I missed when Oliver would have seemingly clever plans then a flashback would pop in and show he stole the idea.

Chokes McGee posted:

If this happens I'll come back to the show, and not a moment before. :colbert:

He's not joking. Though it's Flashpoint bullshit.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Please let Prometheus be Tommie...

By the time we see Tommy again it'll have been so long I think most of the audience would go "... who?"

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Oh my god, two for two. loving awesome.

I'm so happy my favourite show is back.

Do we have hires pic of Prometheus' mask?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I was kinda expecting them to ring the bell at the end, only for Ollie to shoot the ones who helped but didn't actually touch the bell.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Am I the only one that thinks Oliver's Russian pal looks like a mini Hugh Jackman?

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Brother Entropy posted:

fwiw prometheus is an established dc character who's like, an inverse of batman(his parents were criminals who were killed by cops at a young age)

I'm hoping that with the theme of this season being to bring the show full circle that Prometheus is related to someone Oliver murdered in season 1.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Crunk Abortion posted:

I'm hoping that with the theme of this season being to bring the show full circle that Prometheus is related to someone Oliver murdered in season 1.

That doesn't rule Tommy out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Prometheus is Laurel, she took that bus Patty was on after faking her death and went to learn to be a badass.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Crunk Abortion posted:

That'd be a good twist on Prometheus too. I'd hop back on the Arrow train but the first half of season 4 was great and then the show fell fantastically apart

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They did say that Prometheus is someone who was affected by Oliver's crusade in season 1.

Buuuut, Flashpoint :flashfap: could give us Tommy.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Scyantific posted:

They did say that Prometheus is someone who was affected by Oliver's crusade in season 1.

Buuuut, Flashpoint :flashfap: could give us Tommy.

I thought Church was the one that was affected by his S1 crusade?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Y'all notice the Bam2 Muay Thai Training Center sign when he met with Rag Man? That's a reference to Jason BamBam Bamford, the stunt coordinator for the show.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Diggles advice in this episode is loving teerrrrrrrrible. " Don't worry about right or wrong just follow orders!"

Curtis super powers is truth bombs..

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 14, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sir Potato posted:

I thought Church was the one that was affected by his S1 crusade?

Nah

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Diggles advice in this episode is loving teerrrrrrrrible. " Don't worry about right or wrong just follow orders!"

yeah and look where it got him :v:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh yeah, that Diglle subplot. That better be going somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's supposed to lead to him asking Ollie for help, which presumably brings him back.

• Locked thread