Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Carlosologist posted:

The reporter lady giving Oliver her number was an underratedly funny moment

Oliver also applying blackmail was a cool thing too

That actually wasn't Oliver either time. It was Chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm 100% down with Justin Hartley showing up on Arrow as a villain or something, and I'm kind of surprised it hasn't actually happened yet. Though that probably won't happen any time soon as he's one of the leads on This Is Us over on NBC right now.

Not only that, but he's really good on that show too. Shame that Smallville wasted away years of what could have been a better career.

Rhyno posted:

Hartley was kind of lovely about not getting a shot at Arrow and talked a bit of poo poo about Amell and the show so I doubt he'd have ever gotten a call.

Well that doesn't seem to be true at all.

http://tvline.com/2012/05/18/smallville-justin-hartley-talks-the-cw-arrow/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That was really good. Better than the first two parts.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It didn't give Felicity anything as she was not there. The rest got the lives they most desired it seems. Dig is still in a headspace where he thinks he still needs to pay penance for his wrongs.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes, but the audience doesn't know that character so from a writing standpoint Felicity was a better insert for the story especially since we saw that relationship play out on Arrow. You could have also used Hawkgirl, but that's bringing in stuff that played out on another show. They still had Ray mention her though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spergatory posted:

Neat episode. Bunch of cool callbacks. I like how Ragman was literally just there for moral support in the final battle despite being a heavy hitter at least halfway between Barry/Kara juggernauts and regular humans. Oh, and how Rene apparently has no problem with magic mummy man but can't loving stand mutants metahumans and aliens.

The difference is definitely that Rory doesn't actually have any powers of his own. He just has a suit. So Rene basically just sees the suit as a weapon like his gun.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wild Dog is actually pretty awesome.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

While I know the reference to Colin Donnell being a doctor in Chicago was a fun way to explain Tommy not being there I like to imagine the "working triple shifts" thing was reference to him also being part of a multi-show crossover as well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This season has been great so far and that episode was probably the best one yet. That's one of my favorite single episodes in a long time. The misdirect with Billy was great. As was the fact that Oliver came out and admitted and everyone, including Felicity, understood. I also like the flashback to stuff in season one we never saw. I still feel like that because we never saw Prometheus unmasked that he might not be exactly who we think he is.

Klungar posted:

How does the crew immediately forgive Ollie for murdering Felicity's boyfriend? How does Felicity ever come back to work? I half expected Ollie to turn himself in for the murder with how shaken up about he seemed to be.

It sucks, and it rightfully hurts them all, but it wasn't his fault. Their reactions were the correct ones.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oliver said he'd recognized some of the moves from a woman who taught him in Russia. It's pretty obvious this person is Talia as news of her casting came a long time ago. Perhaps Talia is actually Prometheus as well, getting revenge for the death of her father.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Cool. I loved the Crossover, so I am actually very happy to hear that.

I like the Arrow episode of the crossover. I did not care for the others at all really. It showed the constraints of trying to do too much while not having enough resources. The Arrow episode worked to that show's strength where the others tried punching way above their weight and came out looking worse for it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Clearly Prometheus is someone very close to Ollie, possibly the real Laurel actually come back to life and turned evil?

Also that was Lexa Doig as the new archer in the flashback.

Yes, that is who is playing Talia al Ghul.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Chokes McGee posted:

Thinking about the last episode makes me even more disappointed. It's like they listened to their fanbase, but chose to give them the middle finger instead.

Has any show trolled its fans more than this one? Aside from pro wrestling.

Ah yes the fanbase that wanted Laurel dead from episode one until she actually died and then got all pissy about it once it was clear they were actually going to do just that. The core fanbase of this show is generally terrible it seems and they have petty lame reasons for hating different characters at different times and should be mocked and trolled at even given opportunity I think.

The Earth-2 Laurel stuff was done perfectly in this episode. They knew anyone with a brain watching the show would know it wasn't the actual Laurel so they got the reveal over quickly and moved into another good episode. Right now I think only the back half of season two has been stronger than this half season so far. I hope it keeps up that momentum.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

It's based 100% on how attracted they are to the actresses. And the one in fake glasses and inappropriate office wear wins with the internet.

Most of the fanbase turned on Felicity when she was the only female left though. Gotta hate some girl it seems no matter what so it transferred to her by default. With a new girl coming in I'm sure she'll be that person now though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Also don't do anything foolish like look at how much of an rear end in a top hat he is apparently. Didn't he get arrested for drunkenly assaulting someone at a Comic Con? Doesn't seem like a likable guy to me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I thought we were supposed to separate the art from the artist?

I didn't say he wasn't good on the show, just not really a likable guy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh man, another fantastic episode. Her being Dinah Drake is awesome.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

Who was the woman that gave Oliver the bow? Also I hope that's the end of the flashbacks, like the relationship drama on Flash, it's massively dragging the show down.

That's Talia al Ghul.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

The tortured logic people are using to still be mad is ridiculous.

I don't know why they can't just say they like Katie Cassidy and want her to be Black Canary. That's okay, nothing wrong with that reason. You're allowed to like actors. But they always have to twist it into some crazy "but the comics!" mess.

I should stop reading about TV anywhere else.

The majority of comic book fans are whiny babies. Pretty much anywhere else on the internet you want to talk about comics is terrible. BSS is actually the only place I can stand talking to other people about comic books.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rocksicles posted:

Don't put BSS separate from whiny babies. There are plenty.

Oh yeah, but it's like at a 2/10 where something like a CBR is like a 40/10.

Rhyno posted:

What? I loving love Katie Cassidy and have been standing up for her since the loving DORITO FACE bullshit.

He's talking about people somewhere else. I guess he's also reading stuff from a site where people are making GBS threads on the new Black Canary for not being the old one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I didn't find a problem with accent? I didn't recognize the actress so I didn't even know it was a fake accent. The only time I really can recognize a bad accent is if it's someone trying to suppress one and failing badly.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Lord Bude posted:

That was a good episode, but I really like Rory and I want him back asap. He has been under-utilised on arrow though. He's way too powerful for that show, he should be on LoT or something.

If you like him don't wish that terrible fate on him then.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

The shooting was pretty terrifying because it didn't look like the other action scenes, just a nutbar shooting people, rather than criminals going after Team Arrow.

So how old is Wild Dog? I assumed he was in his 20s but he has a daughter that's like 12?

The actor is 37, which is crazy because he doesn't look anywhere close to that old.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

Holy poo poo really? Crazy. I guess people think i'm way younger than I actually am, but drat. I guess the character acts like an angry kid as well doesn't help.

Man, Digg's arms are massive, serious 24 inch pythons going on.

I think Digg and Lance are the only regulars on the show older than him actually.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

A TV show choosing not to explicitly solve a controversial topic like this is fine. They can bring up an issue like this and let the viewer decide what they feel about it without outright telling the viewer what to think or being too preachy. It wasn't handled perfectly because it's a superhero TV show, but for them to bring the idea up and get people to think about is a good move I think. I think they walked the line on it about as well as they could have. I imagine other shows can and have done it better, but that's about as well done as you can expect out of this show. And that may sound like a knock, but it's not. I think they handled it fine if a bit clunky.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Chokes McGee posted:

I like to think the impeachment result is the one that finally broke his brain. Every time, Oliver keeps coming up with poo poo he doesn't expect him to do that ruins the plan, and it's slowly driving him mad.

I think this is exactly wrong. He absolutely knew what Oliver would do. He knew that Oliver wouldn't throw him or Billy under the bus and that just letting himself be impeached was the greater evil to Oliver and it left him with one move to completely undo all of the goodwill that Oliver had built up as Green Arrow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ApeHawk posted:

Wasn't Chase at the press conference with Ollie while the team was preventing Vigilante from assassinating him?

Yes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bull3964 posted:

Boo, I forgot about that. I still think they should handwave a way for it to happen. Speedforce or something.

This show is good right now, let's not infect it with Flash bullshit.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

oh jay posted:

You think Chase is Clayborne's son, or was all of that misdirection?

I kind of hope Clayborne's son is Vigilante now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

This is the kind of poo poo that bugs me in adaptations. Like, why even use Vigilante/Chase if you're going to swerve like that?

That is the exact reason why.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean it would be a waste if it was like, a character that anyone cared about. A nobody like Vigilante that some comic nerds know and nobody else will ever give a poo poo about is the exact kind of character you should do it with.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think now Vigilante is someone we've seen before. The producers now say that his story won't be resolved this season it'll go into next year and he'll be revealed at some point then. I like the idea of carrying over that mystery to another season. Having one antagonist span seasons is a good idea.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Chase continuing to do his day job with everything in the open is great.

Yes, him wanting Rene to still turn in his reports was great.

Man, I loved this episode. This season continues to fire on all cylinders.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man that was really loving good. Chase is hands down the best villain any of the CW shows have had. The actor is so great in the role and I love the story they're telling with him. I think now this season is on the verge of being the best season of Arrow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Once again, Chase is the best villain this show has ever had and holy poo poo is Josh Segarra killing it. No pun intended. I'm gonna be so happy when Oliver guts him with that knife but so sad to see him go.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ApeHawk posted:

I really hope Chase doesn't come up with a plot to kill a large amount of people as his endgame. Having him just be a dude out for pure revenge on Oliver and company as his only plan, while having the team utilize more resources to take him down than they ever have on anyone before really cements him as the best DCCW villain to date.

They've said the finale is a personal battle and the city will not be in danger.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pellisworth posted:

hi thread, I stopped watching Arrow midway through last season because I got pretty bored of the Damien Darhk stuff

I've heard this current season is a lot better, correct? Should I bother watching the back half of last season or skip straight to season 5?

You can jump into this season though last season was fine. This season is shaping up to be the best the show's had though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GobiasIndustries posted:

I tend to enjoy stories where the battle between the hero and villain is smaller and more personal rather than big (those can be real fun too) so I really have enjoyed Chase this season. That and like, the city being destroyed in new ways every season gets stale, it was interesting to see Oliver getting completely broken by a guy who really had the best of him. I sincerely hope Chase sticks around as a completely insane foil to him going forward.

I mean at this point I don't think it's tenable for Chase to be around going forward. Somehow I think his story ends this year.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stephen Amell brings Chase everywhere with him.

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/848622926882623490

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/848686649924087810

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/848737242633916416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

He'll be gone before they even get to the round with the Salmon Ladder because I seriously doubt he even finishes the qualifier. But it'll be fun to see.

• Locked thread