Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I'd actually be pretty okay with Fake-Flashpoint bringing Laurel back. I'd even buy them having planned it ahead of time rather than doing it as a reaction to the fan outrage. Comics frequently have characters die and come back sometimes years down the line, including our own Barry Allen. Doing something like that in a show is a lot harder given contracts and locking in actors, so actually going so far as to kill a character knowing they were doing Flashpoint COULD be a good thing.

On the other hand even if it was such a thing and planned out the writers of the various shows haven't shown they can write at a consistent, quality level so even if they go that route I'm sure the ball will get dropped somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
That was a decent premiere. Doesn't hurt that I really like Chad Coleman and am really happy to see him as a cheerful psychopath.

No Felicity crying, Ollie dropping bodies, some fun choreography, Russians... so far a good start.

That statue, though. Jeesh.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
I'm pretty sure they've said no flashbacks, but I would love for them to flash back to a random S1 episode and play it entirely straight to see how long it takes for people to pick up on it. Doubly funny because the flashbacks show where Ollie first learned a lesson that's relevant in the main story so flashing back to a time Ollie learned a lesson in the show and simply forgot would be hilarious.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
Really fun episode. My only real gripes are the lack of full Tommy and having Deathstroke without Manu (again). Very much mitigated by having the Queen parents back.

And a maid.

Kinda funny Evelyn Sharp doesn't show up. She's just MIA after her heel turn that only we the viewer knows about. She just didn't bother to show up when aliens invaded apparently. Odds are it never gets mentioned once the crossover if finished as well.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
That whole thing is mildly annoying. Ollie should have just said "Yes, I killed people on the list and I freaking learned it wasn't a good path which is why I'm telling you little shits not to. I'm not a hypocrite, I loving went through it and don't want you to have to learn the same way."

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
"drat it, don't you understand having black sites where we hold prisoners without a lawyer or the justice system is totally wrong? Now then. I need to go talk with Slade and Boomerang in their cells on a lovely island in the middle of nowhere."

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
I imagine Roy did a sick-yet-useless flip out of a plane over the island and parachuted down, landing exactly as the explosives go off.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice

Koalas March posted:

I hear that was the best part, yeah. I dipped out when it was clear they ditched Jimmy because white CW fans can't handle black love interests after what happened to Candice Patton.

I like how this is just stated as objective fact rather than opinion.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
I'm agreeing with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
Never forget Arrow had Oliver just solve the gun crisis off-screen. I have very little faith they'd be able to handle a BLM episode without at least some eye-rolling problems.

• Locked thread