Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Do not mix things up by referring to yourself as a Pick-Me-Up Artist as that may cause others to manhandle you ungraciously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

bae: what do you want to watch tonight?

me: (looks over my Pixar movie collection before artfully sliding one out) this one

bae: (swoons)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
when picking up particularly heavy batches my friend trevor often acts as my fulcrum allowing me to better utilize my other friend barry as my lever

FactsAreUseless

google THIS posted:

me: (looks over my Pixar movie collection before artfully sliding one out) this one

lmao

FactsAreUseless

At the club, dancing with a beautiful lady(s).

The DJ: D-d-d-drop the beat!

Me: Oh, let me just pick that up.

Lady(s): I/we are wet, sexually.

alnilam

google THIS posted:

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
roll the plastic over the thing then put it in the hole

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Ahundredbux posted:

roll the plastic over the thing then put it in the hole

You must be thinking of golf - also don't forget to yell "FORE"

Android Blues

thepiratebae.se posted:

a lot of people don't realize this but a neat trick to pick up coins or other flat objects if you don't have long nails is to push them to the side of whatever surface they're sitting on and then you can pick it up from the bottom.

This "sabbatical's pick up" is no true art.

Android Blues

thepiratebae.se: i am catching something. that's the same as picking it up. look, i'm holding an object that someone else picked up and gave to me. that's the same as picking it up.

me: :shepspends:

FactsAreUseless

Android Blues posted:

thepiratebae.se: i am catching something. that's the same as picking it up. look, i'm holding an object that someone else picked up and gave to me. that's the same as picking it up.

Android Blues

google THIS posted:

most pick-up artists work with a wingman. in fact the Amazonian Bird People, as they are more correctly called, have a very strong union so you are technically required to hire one even for relatively small pick-up jobs

FutonForensic posted:

tandem pick-ups are a great way for two artists to build trust. walk around the city with your partner, carrying a large plane of glass at both ends. watch out for skateboarding teens escaping bad guys!! they'll easily shatter your glass, as well as the emotional bond you two have been building for so long

FutonForensic

Grail Knight: You must choose. But choose wisely... for as the true grail will bring you li--

*I pick out the right grail immediately*

Grail Knight: Incredible... you truly are a Pick Cup Artist

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
me: "this one!?"

grail knight: "no... thats a mug.. its..."

me: "oh! this one!"

grail knight: "no thats a pitcher not a cup, its..."

me: "oh poo poo! its gotta be this one then!"

grail knight: "please no curse words, and no that is actually just the same mug you picked up the first time"

nvm no cake

Android Blues posted:

lol

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

Make sure that whenever you're lifting something heavy you keep your knees locked and lift with your back in a sharp, jerking motion

Sorry in advance if anyone made this post

Utz

by vyelkin
found this hear web site by searchin on dog pix & what do u no

i struck gold

anyways hears summa my pick up art hop u liek em:

oh never mind about hits one just messin around in inkscape

makin pick up art

my techniques are all about PATIENTS and PROPER PAINT MIXING

i use eggwhite in my varnish, give reel good shine on the pick up

ALSO very importante ! the dog must be trying, BUTT FAILING, to understand something

MOST importante? including theese elements in EVRY pick up painting (market testerd on google adwords):

1) confused dog in foreground (LIFTED browse, SOURLful eyes) with grasses
2) sweet pic up itself in middle ground
3) BIRDS (either 3 in sky PLUS 2 on ground OR 10-12 SMALL ones in far distant sky
4) sky (overcast is usully best butt if u want to add some blue be my geust just DONT GO CRAZY with it)
5) water in background behine pick upp

i hop i aint given away all my secrets to BEST PICK UP ARTISTRY ONLINE PROVEN RESULTS GARANTEED butt i'm tryin to make some new freinds

pikkitupdoggart.org

GOD BLASS

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Always pick up with your knees, and if you are picking up a particularly heavy load, consider a back brace! This has been a public service announcement from the National Council of Picking Up Things.

Ace of Baes
Not to brag, but I can deadlift 4 NYU MFA's

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

When you really get into picking up, you definitely want to be noticed, this is why I "peacock" using "flair" such as a hi-viz reflective vest and yellow hard-hat. Advanced pick up artists might want to consider joining a stevedores union

google THIS

it can be difficult to lift things with your knees, since they lack opposable thumbs, so try wrapping them with double-sided tape when you're first starting out

darkarchon

My name is a trolling word

google THIS posted:

it can be difficult to lift things with your knees, since they lack opposable thumbs, so try wrapping them with double-sided tape when you're first starting out

Macnult

Packson Jollock was well known for his style of "sip" painting, hoisting endless amounts of paint from canvas with his signature bendy straw (note: he never drank out of a straw)

Palpek

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

*nervously trying to focus my peripheral vision on a hot girl at da bar*

*moving in closer doing the universal gesture like i'm going to order something but not really*

Me: So

Her: What?

*music blastic full throttle*

Me: Did it hurt?

Her: Excuse me?

Me: When you fell down..

Me: When you fell down from...

Her: Can you speak up?

Me: *mumble grumble*

Me: ....

Her: I have to go to the toilet

*hot girl goes to the toilet*

*I'm loving dying here, I have to come up with something, gently caress it I'm gonna use my own line, custom line, not like the tutorial said, but what line, gently caress, she's coming back*

*hot girl comes back*

Me: Did you *inaudible*

*right at this moment music stops, everybody else's conversation simultaneously hits a short pause*

Me: *screaming* Did you take a poo poo in there?

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

I read the Lowtax article too

Welcome to BYOB SpagetioSexNoises :wave:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Palpek posted:

*moving in closer doing the universal gesture like i'm going to order something but not really*

*I'm loving dying here, I have to come up with something, gently caress it I'm gonna use my own line, custom line, not like the tutorial said, but what line, gently caress, she's coming back*

*hot girl comes back*

*right at this moment music stops, everybody else's conversation simultaneously hits a short pause*

IDGI

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

super mario batali posted:

You must be thinking of golf - also don't forget to yell "FORE"

its an advanced technique for picking up dog poop

Android Blues

did it hurt when you fell from heaven, because i'm trying to work out the counter-force necessary to pick up someone who is falling from heaven and lift them back, and statistical incident case data would be really helpful

Android Blues

check out my new pick up line *unveils conveyor belt with thousands of gloved hands on articulated arms lifting and falling repetitively*

google THIS

are your pants made out of mirrors? because if so they must be somewhat heavier and more fragile than regular pants and as an enthusiast on picking things up I'm wondering how you pull them up and keep them in place

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

Android Blues posted:

check out my new pick up line *unveils conveyor belt with thousands of gloved hands on articulated arms lifting and falling repetitively*

google THIS

Android Blues posted:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Palpek posted:

*hot girl comes back*

her: *smiling while opening her hand to reveal a small wet turd*

Android Blues

google THIS posted:

are your pants made out of mirrors? because if so they must be somewhat heavier and more fragile than regular pants and as an enthusiast on picking things up I'm wondering how you pull them up and keep them in place

alnilam

Android Blues posted:

google THIS

picking up big fat hens can cause serious injury if you don't follow the necessary precautions. double-check that your work boots are fastened, secure all exits, and make sure you have five or six pick-up sticks carefully arranged in a straight line before you begin

FactsAreUseless

Laughing at all the Android Blues posts.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Luvcow posted:

her: *smiling while opening her hand to reveal a small wet turd*

Which, being a pick-up artist, you are obligated to pick up.

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
I find backflipping as I pick up stuff from the floor makes for the most impressive techniques, or just a pure heavy muscle deadlift with proper screams in the gym, but other things that work too:

"Hey, wanna BYOB and chill?"

"Hey, check out my giant rapsheet"

<3 <3 Vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I pick-up the person and make sure the person arrives at their destination at a reasonable time and fare, because I'm a taxi driver. It's never failed me.

• Locked thread