Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Serious Frolicking posted:

the realization that they have wasted their lives is always just below the surface, waiting. so, whenever things don't go their way they bluster and shout and just generally try to distract themselves from reality.

I realized that I've wasted my life and been quite open about it for a while now

Too bad real life doesn't have a reset button!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gammatron 64 posted:

I realized that I've wasted my life and been quite open about it for a while now

Too bad real life doesn't have a reset button!

Unless you believe in reincarnation...

Hint hint.

(The hint is that you should convert to the Sikh religion, not that you should kill yourself, which is a thing you should not do.)

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I want the game of life to be a one time speed run only.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You can't really "waste" your life because it's worthless.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

notZaar posted:

You can't really "waste" your life because it's worthless.

Yeah, as long as you're happy and fulfilled, that's about as much as you can ask for.

I have a feeling that getting all those sick rear end headshots or ultra combos or high scores or levels or whatever else isn't quite as deeply fulfilling as people who play video games might think, were they to compare that stuff to almost literally anything else that can be considered fun, though.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 8, 2016

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Video games only exist to give losers the illusion of winning

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
uh I think it's just the birds, OP not the gamers

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

That flying mission in San Andreas where you have to stay low to the ground made me really angry at the time.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

That's not an angry statement, though. It's not even a hateful statement.

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 8, 2016

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
They're addicted to instant gratification and satisfaction, but if you do/say the wrong thing that may suggest that the thing they're so invested in is kind of pointless and meaningless, they can't handle it. Like I was wondering about the new metal gear survive backlash and whether it was deserved and i had a games goon jump down my throat and accuse me of trying to piss him off on purpose. Like not even SA is outside of it, I think I'm just going to give up on trying converse with gamers.

choice quote

quote:

If MGR had never been released and Konami dropped this trailer today, I'd be jizzing my loving shorts.

Ausmund fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 8, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ausmund posted:

They're addicted to instant gratification and satisfaction, but if you do/say the wrong thing that may suggest that the thing they're so invested in is kind of pointless and meaningless, they can't handle it. Like I was wondering about the new metal gear survive backlash and whether it was deserved and i had a games goon jump down my throat and accuse me of trying to piss him off on purpose. Like not even SA is outside of it, I think I'm just going to give up on trying converse with gamers.

choice quote

Metal Gear Solid fans are all sad weeb nerds anyway. Who cares about them.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jack Trades posted:

Metal Gear Solid fans are all sad weeb nerds anyway. Who cares about them.
its a fascinating series and it sucks I can't talk about it without people getting touchy :smith:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ausmund posted:

its a fascinating series and it sucks I can't talk about it without people getting touchy :smith:

I'll read and listen to your metal gear bants my man

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Quote-Unquote posted:

I think society would be better if adults were a little more adjusted so that they didn't have temper tantrums over children's toys

but enough about the NRA,

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
ive heard the current best way to troll people in gaming is emotes in clash royale. which they are removing because bitch babies cannot stand being mocked when they lose

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

Relin posted:

ive heard the current best way to troll people in gaming is emotes in clash royale. which they are removing because bitch babies cannot stand being mocked when they lose

lmao, I just looked this up... some of the comments on using emoticons to sass your enemy:

quote:

Its people like you that make clash royale ba -- 23:37, 29 August 2016 (UTC)
If you do any of this PLEASE die -- 04:24, 22 August 2016 (UTC)
loving scum -- 20:24, 19 August 2016 (UTC)
There is a lot of scum in the world. -- 08:21, 8 August 2016 (UTC)
Makes me wonder how you people are in real life.... There so many fkin @sshole in this fkin world it's embarrassing. If you get a kick out of humiliating people keys. -- 22:03, 31 July 2016 (UTC)
You guys should see the https://www.clashroyalepedia.com/Trolling_in_Lower_Clash_Royale_Arena. Looks like a lot of players really love to bully people, especially spamming the "thank you" button after you lose. -- 03:26, 4 July 2016 (UTC)
It's b*tches like you that make Clash Royale horrible. -- 17:25, 1 July 2016 (UTC)
Why don't you try covering at least 2 - 3 millimeters near the upper screen with a paper so that you won't see the emoticon? :) -- 10:47, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
lol -- 04:20, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
Go die in a hole if you do this -- 11:14, 21 June 2016 (UTC)
are you fkinh kidding me, you explaining how to bm your opponent? -- 09:23, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
Kill yourself plz -- 09:42, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
Kys -- 21:35, 14 June 2016 (UTC)
kill yourself if you do any of this -- 12:51, 13 June 2016 (UTC

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I just turn chat off in every game I play, so that I don't see the angry nerds

yet, I keep reading this forum full of even angrier nerds

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Did the angry Nintendo nerd ever have an aneurysm or stroke from playing battletoads one too many times

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

radiatinglines posted:

I just turn chat off in every game I play, so that I don't see the angry nerds

yet, I keep reading this forum full of even angrier nerds

i turned voice chat off in overwatch after a few matches because i thought i might get some kind of hosed up speech impediment through exposure

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Homer J. Fong posted:

Did the angry Nintendo nerd ever have an aneurysm or stroke from playing battletoads one too many times
That's just a character he plays. He's actually pretty chill IRL.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Beef Turret posted:

Video games only exist to give losers the illusion of winning

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
ahaha

an angry gamer just probated me

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Jack Trades posted:

The deep-seeded hatred of women in video game industry infinitely fuels my anger.

Also, if I scream 24/7 for a couple of year then I'll become a goku.

HOW DARE THEY CREATE FEMALE VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS gently caress THEM!

poor jack trades, just because everyone else in society hates you doesn't mean you have to hate yourself too

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i like 2 chat with my friends while i play rocket league vroom vroom!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

the N64 is the best game system that humankind has ever made and I will beat the everloving poo poo outta anyone who tries to say otherwise

They should port overwatch to N64 but the only characters would be Ana, Mercy, and Reinhardt.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
People turn to gaming as a hobby because they are bad at sports, can't get women, and have no cool friends. It's all these things that make them angry, not gaming.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

The Dennis System posted:

People turn to gaming as a hobby because they are bad at sports, can't get women, and have no cool friends. It's all these things that make them angry, not gaming.

Have you actually played games??? Because they make me really angry for real!!!

Also I know several people who are married and successful and have kids and they still take the disc out of the console and ping it at the wall when they're mad.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Let's just ban all games and when we get angry we can go out into the streets and murder each other

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

gannyGrabber posted:

Have you actually played games??? Because they make me really angry for real!!!

Also I know several people who are married and successful and have kids and they still take the disc out of the console and ping it at the wall when they're mad.

Good point. I do play games and they frequently make me furious. Dark Souls 2 made to want to nuke the planet is was so frustrating.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

gannyGrabber posted:

Let's just ban all games and when we get angry we can go out into the streets and murder each other

It's how our grandfathers did it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
They're angry because essjaydoubleyous keep censoring their booby simulators even though they don't even have to buy the games if they don't like them!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

maybe they r happy and don't know how to express they feelings

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

They're angry because essjaydoubleyous keep censoring their booby simulators even though they don't even have to buy the games if they don't like them!

Lol some sadbrain wrote an article about how doax 3's vr mode was harassment of all women or some poo poo. You can't harass video game characters as they are literally objects!!!!

Also the vr boobie game reality is upon us but only if you are asian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
DoA was a decent fight game once

• Locked thread