Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i was bored and made a procedural final fantasy in RPG Maker MV. please download it and tell me about how unbalanced it is

Rutibex posted:

I am cross posting this from the Rogue-likes thread. Its not a pro game like you guys make here, but you might enjoy it? :shrug:

I have had a few weeks off so I decided to do a bit of work on my Final Fantasy rogue-like. Its mostly inspired by Siralim, except instead of Pokemon it is Final Fantasy. A "bit of work" turned into a complete overhaul. It started off with a randomized battle arena, I just started fighting lots of random battles until I got the balance the way I liked it. Mostly I added a achievement system and a world nexus. The game tracks all kinds of things and if you gain certain achievements you earn Platinum Coins. You can use Platinum Coins to unlock new classes and dungeons and towns.

All of the dungeons are infinite and randomly generated, you can just keep going down and they get harder as you go. In fact there are achievements for going quite deep! I think I might have done something right, as I am now often getting addicted to playing my own game when I do testing and get distracted for hours :v: Its not done yet of course (nothing ever is). I plan to add many more portals over time, and refine a few things here and there. The non-basic classes are also a bit of a mess at the moment!

Final Fantasy R V1.00
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k2pfaob7uh79aia/Final+Fantasy+R+V1.00.rar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
my game likes to gently caress you hard with its procedural penis if you go to the erong area

• Locked thread