Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've never done it before but it seems really fun and a couple of people at work were up for it so why not. 10000ft tandem jump. Whats it like for everyone who has done it?

hope this doesn't happen to me looks painful

:nws:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=db7_1312133585

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Dive that sky mother fucka!! YEEEEEAAAAAAAH!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I hope you don't get raped during the jump (since it's the perfect crime) :(

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i hope your parachute deploys too soon and you spend a long rear end time in the air. like way longer than you anticipated

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
and maybe you land like a few miles off from where you wanted to land and you have to walk the WHOLE way because you're in a remote area haha

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ROFLburger posted:

and maybe you land like a few miles off from where you wanted to land and you have to walk the WHOLE way because you're in a remote area haha

exercise is good

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
The free-fall will be the most exhilarating 45 seconds of your life. It felt similar to that one time I had sex, except without the shame

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Hope everything works out well. I'm scared just thinking about the idea.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i bet if you bellyflopped it would sting a little bit

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

You probably won't die

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

whip your dick out and steer yourself with it like it's a fleshy rudder

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You're gonna die

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You don't feel like you're falling cause the wind pressure is so high. They give you eye goggles so you can see.

They don't tell you about the whole head out the window sensation. If you're prone to feeling like you're suffocating, tilting your head back against the jump masters shoulder may help, but I mostly willed myself to not panic from feeling like I couldn't breathe.

But it's still hosed up when your jump master pushes you out the plane. Just the mental thought of pushing out. It's not like the go pro videos of solo divers jumping off a helicopter or plane with wide doors.

Open the door on the plane, wind is howling, you're strapped to the jump master, he throws a leg out, you have to put both feet out onto the step under the wing. Then he yells in your ear, here we go and pushes you out face first.

Coolest part was honestly controlling the parachute on the descent by pulling the controls, handles like those power kites. Get some serious Gs then

Video evidence says we did a back flip but I don't remember. When we landed I had such an adrenaline high my hands and feet were numb and tingling and I felt amped for like two hours. If you're an adrenaline junkie it's the bomb.

I'm glad I did it but I won't do it again. Good luck

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
It's really a lot of fun.

The sudden shift from the noisy, fast free-fall into the quiet floaty bit is pretty dramatic and cool. It's a bucket-list thing that's actually worth doing.

For what its worth, see if you can pay extra and do your first jump as a solo - you all jump out together and they hang on to you until it's time to pull your chute. I was glad I did that afterwords.

Baxter fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 1, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
people arent birds and shouldnt be "sky diving" imo

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
consider the possibility that u may piss urself so bring some extra clothes with u

aside from that have fun and try not to die

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

You don't feel like you're falling cause the wind pressure is so high. They give you eye goggles so you can see.

They don't tell you about the whole head out the window sensation. If you're prone to feeling like you're suffocating, tilting your head back against the jump masters shoulder may help, but I mostly willed myself to not panic from feeling like I couldn't breathe.

But it's still hosed up when your jump master pushes you out the plane. Just the mental thought of pushing out. It's not like the go pro videos of solo divers jumping off a helicopter or plane with wide doors.

Open the door on the plane, wind is howling, you're strapped to the jump master, he throws a leg out, you have to put both feet out onto the step under the wing. Then he yells in your ear, here we go and pushes you out face first.

Coolest part was honestly controlling the parachute on the descent by pulling the controls, handles like those power kites. Get some serious Gs then

Video evidence says we did a back flip but I don't remember. When we landed I had such an adrenaline high my hands and feet were numb and tingling and I felt amped for like two hours. If you're an adrenaline junkie it's the bomb.

What happens if I get a boner and it gets into the "jump masters" butt??

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I am terrified of heights, but I think I could do skydiving. Good luck op

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

What happens if I get a boner and it gets into the "jump masters" butt??

You're totally a bottom on this type of deal, they're the one with the parachute after all. Unless you have an incredibly long donger--which you might, I don't doubt there are others like myself out and about --this shouldn't be an issue

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Perfectly good airplane...

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
now correct me if i'm wrong, but if i flap my arms hard enough the parachute becomes basically unnecessary, yes?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

utterlycorrupt posted:

You're totally a bottom on this type of deal, they're the one with the parachute after all. Unless you have an incredibly long donger--which you might, I don't doubt there are others like myself out and about --this shouldn't be an issue

So he can just do whatever he wants to me for the entire ride down? Whisper in my ear and tug my balls and such? That seems unsettling

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zzulu posted:

So he can just do whatever he wants to me for the entire ride down? Whisper in my ear and tug my balls and such? That seems unsettling

that's not unsettling, that's extra

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
has anyone ever voided their bowels (on purpose) while skydiving?

if not, i have to place a call to guinness records...

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Just remember that if your chute fails you can just pray for God to save you

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Lot of people don't know this but you get one God Save freebie. Unfortunately I already used up mine when I was 10 and choked on a mozz stick at Dennys

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I live within a mile of a small airport that does skydiving quite regularly. Every time I see a group of jumpers descending there is almost always one guy who seems to be way off course (although I'm slightly elevated so it may be a perception thing). My GF was pretty insistent that it's a safe deal and I'm just not the "adrenaline junkie" type but then two people died/got seriously hosed up at the very same airport this summer. I guess what I'm saying is don't die, but I don't know that you will really have a choice in the matter? :shrug:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I went once and the weirdest part of it was being the last guy to jump after my other 3 friends and watching them drop out and be gone

I didn't ask the dude to do any flips or anything the first time so I might have to go again for that

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

The only thing I would add is the noise

When you are in freefall it's roaring, deafeneing

And then the shoot deploys and everything goes quiet. Real quiet.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkPB-Nbd23Y

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Then the jump master whispers sweet nothings in your ear

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DOMDOM posted:

Then the jump master whispers sweet nothings in your ear

is this where I paid for the reach around part?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I always wanted to try sky diving. It looks like the ultimate thrill. And if poo poo goes tits up, well you'll probably leave one hell of a stain that people will be talking about fit years to come

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Jose posted:

I've never done it before but it seems really fun and a couple of people at work were up for it so why not. 10000ft tandem jump. Whats it like for everyone who has done it?

Find a place that will take you to 12.5 or 14,000 feet, 10,000 is a joke and will be over before you realize you're not in the plane anymore.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

we saved a bunch of money on it using a group on so 10k it is for the first time

if i'm going to get railed from behind can i request a woman be behind me?

can i choose to throw myself out or will they do it for me?

i'm driving should i bring some valium so i can get home or should the 3of us wait until i can use my hands again

thanks everyone

if i die at least i'm going out in style and a messy way

whats a good go pro to buy for this?

Jose fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 1, 2016

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

don't bother getting a gopro they won't let you hold your own, I tried

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

good to konw since its 3 weeks away i can ask them and i'd rather not waste the money then

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Lol I actually had a pretty cute chick as my tandem partner the first time I went, she wanted nothing to do with my balls however. She did let us fall through a cloud just below 5000' though, which she told me they're totally not supposed to do and that was maybe the coolest part of the jump. Steering the parachute is definitely fun but like yourdeadgayson said, stepping out onto the strut is fuckin terrifying.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Just lol of you aren't ready to leap off a plane to your death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

utterlycorrupt posted:

Lol I actually had a pretty cute chick as my tandem partner the first time I went, she wanted nothing to do with my balls however. She did let us fall through a cloud just below 5000' though, which she told me they're totally not supposed to do and that was maybe the coolest part of the jump. Steering the parachute is definitely fun but like yourdeadgayson said, stepping out onto the strut is fuckin terrifying.

she wanted to gently caress you and you messed it up good going

• Locked thread