Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PJOmega
May 5, 2009
While I'm proud that my decks are in the OP, I'd really suggest changes for using them to teach. Pulling out the Snares and Archer from the Corp side is a good idea, swap them with whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

I'd also probably vote for removing those - they teach that bad things can happen, but they can also really easily cause the player to lose the game seemingly randomly and that's a really lovely experience.

Yeah. Those decks were cooked up for a 1-core tourney.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

berenzen posted:

New HB card got spoiled today. Kinda meh, I think the decks that want to run it are going to be really short on influence, and you want to run 2-3 to make sure you have it when it matters.

Card details for reference
1 cost, 2 inf HB
Name a card, remove all copies of that card in the heap from the game.

Another silver bullet.

Man I wish they'd just up the minimum deck size by 15 for tournaments. Give us some room.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
ICE having more On Rez effects would be useful. Similar to MtG Enter the Battlefield effects. Or unbreakable subs that have a minor effect. Or ICE that improves the server itself, either boosting other ICE or acting as pseudo upgrades for cards in the server.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Zephro posted:

She could be fun in Hot Tubs behind a Tour Guide, maybe.

Favorite quotes out of context.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

Even setting all that aside, host Restructure, make 15 credits.

Even that would be milquetoast. 2 cards, a click, and maybe firing IF the Runner makes a run on that server.

Remember, operations go to the archives on resolution.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

What would you begin to cost/str that at?

Realistically, this card would either be terrible or degenerate. Circumventing costs in a highly convoluted manner is never worth it to do "fair" effects.

You'd only ever use this for Scorch or other I Win operations.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

AgentF posted:

The problem with playing events/operations at instant speed or during runs is that many of them can be used to initiate runs. You use that ICE's sub to play An Offer You Can't Refuse and now the runner is running while she's running. If both runs are on the same server then the runner can run past herself. At this point the FAQ doubles in length.

Unless they introduce an interruption style tag then yeah. Too many issues related to gaining clicks or initiating runs during other actions.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Machai posted:

Pause the run and start a new game where each player switches sides. If the current corp player wins that game, end the run.

Players need 1 less agenda point to win the subgame^.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Machai posted:

I got a stacking storage thing from Joann Fabrics and made an insert for the top half. It has enough room for four rows of vertical cards. I own almost everything and with three decks built it has enough wiggle room on all the rows to flip through cards and be able to stick my fat fingers in to take cards out.

The bottom container is for tokens, rule book and decks

Do not trust that handle.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Huh, apparently people still enjoy playing Netrunner. Like these dorks from Reddit. Hey, whatever brings joy.

On one hand, good for them.

Oh the other hand, a lot more effort could have been made.

Still, they seem happy so gently caress it.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
It's a great design to put the breaks on tournament decks. You can no longer build your runner deck with the concept to recur endlessly if the threat of simply playing that ID is extant.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Thanks for the tip, I picked up Blood Money. I'll probably be waiting a bit before picking up more.

I think I'll be staying in Portland for a while here, so if any of you are up there we should play sometime.

You might actually drag me out to play this for the first time in ages. You in the city proper or Beaverton area?

In the city there's Guardian Games, Red Castle (or Red Door?), and Portland Game Store. In Beaverton there's Rainy Day Games and their Thursday LCG day.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
While I'm honestly a bit flattered that the decks I threw together for a 1-core tournament are still in the OP, they're really bad teaching decks.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

OhHiMaahk posted:

All fantasy flight games come in the same size box. It's one of the true mysteries of the universe.

No this thing is bigger than a Core Set box. And oddly shaped. In fact I think it has unique dimensions among FFG.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Kaethela posted:

TD UFAQ is here! Relatedly, I'm glad NRDB has the batch rulings now, gently caress wikia.

"No. An event that initiates a run is not considered fully resolved until that run is complete, and thus is not trashed until afterward."

Everytime I look at the engine running FFG's LCGs I begin muttering as I slowly lower the hood back. Makes no drat sense.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

berenzen posted:

If it was trashed before the run completed, run events wouldn't work because there would be nothing to resolve. Similarly, Deuces Wild wouldn't function if you chose the 'expose a piece of ICE and make a run' option first.

You have to resolve the whole card before an event gets trashed.

So Sure Gamble goes like this:

Costs: Pay 5 credits and 1 click (plus any additional costs that might exist)
Play: Play Sure Gamble
Resolve: Gain 9 Credits
Trash Sure Gamble.

If the trash and resolve steps were swapped, the resolve step doesn't occur because there's no reference for the effect.

Sure Gamble makes sense because there are no player actions possible between playing the action and resolution. A run is a lot of processing, and every other game with a robust system would have the "at the end of the run" be a suspended trigger with the card in the discard by that point.

Look, I stopped judging ANR events a long time ago. I've got no dog in the fight. But there's so many little things that FFG decided on while implementing it that would only make sense if looked at sideways while squinting if only there wasn't a lot of path already bushwhacked ahead of them.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Machai posted:

Boy, tagging the runner with no interaction other than having more money. That won't be slightly OP

Honestly, ignoring the hosed up templating, I kind of appreciate it. Compare it to SEA Source, which punishes a Runner for, you know, running. Just make the punishment happen regardless of runner action. Don't punish them for doing what the whole game is supposed to be about.

Edit: To expand, the mere existence of SEA source is akin to the MTG card Standstill. Only less so, because when a Standstill is in play you know it is in play so you break it and move on. With SEA you have to act like it's a threat at all times.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

I ended up going to the Regional. It's on lunch break right now, so far I've swept once and split once.

What store is hosting?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

I would not have read that card that way. Huh.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

LordAbaddon posted:

And here I was checking in on the netrunner thread to see if netrunner was worth diving in on now that mtg has shat itself until WotC can unfuck standard and all I see is half-serious "ded game" posts mixed with completely serious "dead game" posts.

Is it even worth getting in on Netrunner at this point or it basically walking in on the end of a car crash?

It's going to heavily depend on your local player base. If there's a community it's still a fun game with some balance issues that are being addressed. It's definitely niche though.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

namad posted:

As someone who doesn't own any datapacks at all. I'm kind of pissed about this. One of the main reasons I bought the core set as well as all four major expansions was that they would never rotate out.

Hitler promised not to invade Czechoslovakia, Jeremy. Welcome to the real world.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Destrado posted:

I think they got caught in a bit of a bind between saving cards and refining the Core set experience - Scorch and Siphon going is quite sad, but they basically bent the whole Core Set around themselves. Parasite I'm a little more conflicted on - I think it needs to exist in the game, but they need to divorce it from all the support they kept tripping over for it. I dunno how you fix it where the game is now.

I'd expect Account Siphon to come back in a "remove from the game" form. You can see where Mining Accident was them putting a toe in the water, but it's not enough.

Parasite leaving gives them the opportunity to print weaker variants that will see play. I imagine one that trashes at the start of turn when viruses equal strength, 1 that trashes when viruses = cost. Hell, could have one that's functionally the same as Parasite but at a higher cost both in credits and influence.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Yithian posted:

It enabled a deck that could mill around 43 cards from R&D in a single turn by around turn 6.

Edit:

Take the corp's deck and throw it into the trash

Hahaha whoa, wish this had made it to Worlds as an undiscovered deck. That's amazing.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

When people are hacking netrunnerdb for an advantage already, I think cash prizes would be a huge mistake.

Huh?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

vandalism posted:

I bought every card, 3x cores, never played. Rip.

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

Are you volunteering? I promise no more prison decks.

Excuse me, the correct term is Rope Soap.

• Locked thread