Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm up for it but I'm in the UK so it might not be feasible for me. Gotta rep big green!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I wanna put that in Weyland to remove I've Had Worse from games, but I don't think I could find any influence to drop. Plus it's another silver bullet which I dislike on principle, and you can recur it which is going to be batshit.

Good corp cards! Yaaaaay!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I apologise - it is, in fact, a poo poo solution for Runner recursion.

E: okay, that's not fair. But I don't think it's a solution to Runner recursion that I like from a design perspective. You can recur this with Jackson and just slowly remove a fair portion of the runner's deck from the game. I can see a really awful prison deck with this in becoming popular.

E2: also they put it in the faction with the most recursion.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 18, 2016

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It doesn't make poor amounts of money nor is it bad. Definitely not Weyland.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It certainly screams "Dai V support card" to me.

I love how flippant that last line is.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
You could probably use them to pop SMCs in a pinch.

E: or Psi-games.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 19, 2016

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
New FAQ - biggest change is errata to assert Queen's Gambit's play cost as zero (probably to rectify the misprint from the World Champion deck), altering Builder of Nations to trigger after the first encounter ends to prevent bypass effects turning it off, and clarification of click-gain effects to make Raman Rai work properly and such.

Get it here.

It's an excuse for me to make some cool Alt Art cards for BoN with the correct text, I guess?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The texts reads "You are no longer encountering this ICE'" so by definition the encounter should end at the same time as the run, but writing consistent rules is really haaaaard guys :smith:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Stinson's weird plastic face creeps me out. His ability feels way too conditional. In what world are runners on less than 6 credits now?

So who's going to play Peace in Our Time? I guess if it's literally just a set-up turn with no runs or you got taxed out and can't contest a scoring window?

They are pushing the gently caress out of Smoke.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I mean I'm playing Restructure in Weyland anyway so I guess I import tagging + Closed Accounts and basically guarantee a SEA/Scorch via economy.

I really hope there's more Mausolous-style ICE in the rest of the cycle but hope is a lie.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Zephro posted:

Stinson seems like a great NBN card. He'll pair nicely with Closed Accounts, Reversed Accounts, Midseasons and Breaking News.

None of those are transactions.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's awful when it's out but currents are pretty flimsy, so it can be played around. The issue is that a) when it gets played, the runner is usually gonna exploit it to the full and will likely steal at least one agenda that turn and b) removal options are limited. Jinteki is kinda screwed because they have one current and rarely score from hand. Weyland can score Hostiles and have two kinda good currents. NBN are NBN. HB are boned.

E: Forgot about Clones Are Not People. That's highly specific though?

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 23, 2016

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Counterpoint: the online/digital implementations of the vast majority of other physical card games are hot garbage and we do not need to emulate them. Jinteki.net is the best digital option we currently have, and that still doesn't properly simulate the timing structure of a run.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
FFG should order a recall of all printed versions of Yog.0, then set them on fire in a streamed event. Then print a decoder that doesn't blank out a bunch of code gates for no cost to the runner.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Why the gently caress does Net Mercur trigger itself

why

Probably that they want to give Stealth some good/strong cards before the old Stealth support chips rotate out and we go back to frantically drawing to find our rig pieces.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The reddit tends to use the Noisy subtype on custom icebreakers that have "take a tag" costs, which works pretty well thematically.

Edit: Hopping on the custom card bandwagon.

(Unique) Super Shotgun
Anarch Program: Icebreaker, AI, Noisy
5 credit - 4 influence
Place 2 Virus counters on Super Shotgun when it is installed.
Click, Click: Place 2 Virus counters on Super Shotgun.
Hosted Virus Counter: Break ICE subroutine. Take a tag if you pass the currently encountered ICE.
Click, click, boom, boom.

Imp replacement I guess. Plus FFG has a weird thing for cards that go click click boom so why not.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 7, 2016

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy dicks Oberth Protocol looks so loving good. Weyland can go fast and advance ice properly now? You won't break even on advancing Ice still but scoring Hostiles in 1 click is amazing, then you can score Posted Bounties from hand and forfiet them to advance other things with Jemison and holy shittttt :ssj:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

berenzen posted:

The only issue with oberth is it has a really low trash cost.

True, but I don't think we need another SanSan City Grid in the game. I'm fine tossing out a Hostile for a High Risk, even if the runner shits themselves and moves to trash it on their turn. If they let it hang around then the advancements can go on a Mausolus or some space ICE if you're crazy, but you probably want to mostly use it to score out instead.

If Weyland sees more good ice in the future that these combos can support, or can better protect a server with Oberth in it, then I will be super happy. But hope is a lie.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy poo poo Bulwark

Chief Slee's rubbish though. Might combo with 2.0 bioroids a bit? Eh.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Laughing at Fumiko Yamamori. The Nisei train is now leaving the station, all aboooaaard!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

solve for X

Hint: X = everything

Why the gently caress does Damien give Weyland poo poo cards and then insist that the players are the problem, is he taking the piss? At least Lukas didn't say stupid poo poo.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Apparently Dan D'Argenio is on CI7 for Worlds

hosed up if true. Bets on him taking DLR Val?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
So glad for the return of I've Got A Rock.

E: Standoff and Success are both loving hilarious and Success combos with Jemison Astronautics so FA Weyland is going to be real and insane.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
This recent reveal set has made me super hype about Netrunner after getting down over Intervention, so good job Damien I suppose! :buddy:

berenzen posted:

Success is great design space and absolutely hilarious.

Hell, there's some really cool design space across a lot of the cards seen so far.

Some of the Jinteki stuff being shown looks like great fun, like the Ice that forces you to run on Archives if you break its sub, following in the footsteps of Baliff in "Ice that does stuff when subs are broken" design. That's cool as hell.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Hortum: 4 Rez 4 Str Code Gate with Maulous effect, plus at 3 or more counters it cannot be broken by AI programs. Subs are "Corp gains 1 (corp gains 4)" and "End the run (tutor 2 cards from R&D and end the run)".

This cycle is the Weyland Cycle isn't it? :allears:

E: Rumors of a Weyland only big box. :hawaaaafap:

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 4, 2016

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Isnt random milling basically useless?

Forcing Runners to pop Levy early, or even denying it them, seems pretty good. Generally speaking Runners win the game before ever hitting the bottom of their stack - maybe this milling is meant to nerf recursion?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The German version of Terminal Directive's Rulebook got leaked. I'm not going to post any spoilers from it because there's a bunch of Legacy mechanics that I wanna find out for myself.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Had anyone had much luck getting Khan to work yet? I'm looking at the game again and thinking of trying to relearn it on Jinteki. Khan is one of the first IDs in a while to pique my interest since Leela.

Since nobody is going to actually answer this, I'll answer. Khan's suite is about making a big run on HQ, derezzing all the ice on the way, gaining a bunch of multi-access, and then hammering it over and over in the traditional Criminal manner. The problem with this is that all of her stuff is really expensive.

Your deck is going to want a REALLY strong economy, most likely Temujins and run-based/event economy. You want stuff that will help/reward you for installing programs and when the Corp rezzes Ice. Your limited influence is going to be on some combination of Sasahara, Ice Analyser and Scheherazade for cash, and LLDS Processor for making breaking with the birds easier. Your multi-access is going to be Turning Wheel.

If you're thinking "oh gosh, I don't have enough influence for all this," congrats, you're using your noodle! Deckbuilding is meant to be tricky! But you're also right. That support suite is gonna be all of your influence. It sucks. If you need to cut stuff, the absolute core of your imports is LLDS Processor.

Compromised Employee is in-faction, as are all the various Jobs and Security Testing to punish remotes. Account Siphon for sure. Autoscripter maybe? You generally want Generic Criminal Tricks and economy for the rest of your cards. No backup breakers - if you wanna Kahn you gotta go all in on her gimmicks.

Kahn isn't top tier, but once you get the support up and turn using the birds from a pain in the balls into a pain train on the Corp she's tons of fun.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That is true, and hopefully there will be a day and age where it's not so prevalent and people start playing larger ICE again, so derezzing ICE will be worth it. Sadly, the main sources of ICE destruction aren't going away any time soon.

If Khan had more influence you could put En Passant in there and be a real jerk.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I hope more people use Ark Lockdown to remove copies of Blackmail and kick that archetype in the privates. All hail the Ark Lockdown meta.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I bought Netrunner to avoid the blind buy dragon chase, I don't want that back.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Here lies Bullfrog, it never scored.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
There won't be any more factions. The runner mini-fcations are barely supported as it, imagine how shoddy a GlobalSec or Melange Mining mini-fcation would be.

Zephro posted:

Am I understanding Baba Yaga correctly in that if you installed Faerie and Yog on it you'd have a code gate breaker that costs 1 credit per 1 strength to pump and 0 credits to break code gate subs? Or Corroder and Shrike for ultra-efficient sentry breaking?

edit: actually I misremembered Faerie's trash requirement, so turns out you can break Sentry subs for 0 as well. Then all you gotta do is run Corroder or Paperclip and you're all set. Admittedly you're spending quite a bit of influence, and Keegan Lane / Batty / Will O'The Wisp all make you a sad panda, but still.

Baba Yaga is four MU so unless you're running the greatest jank setup alive out of Smoke or something I don't see it catching on. Pulling it off would be pretty hilarious, though!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm a sucker for Glacier NBN so I might give Sol a try now that Spark's unable to really impact a runner anymore. Plus currents are some of my favorite design space (gently caress Rumor Mill though) so I'll give it a shot.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
loving hell. gently caress this game.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
There have been plenty of chances for the designers of this game to walk back the imbalance between NBN/Anarch and the rest of the game, and they have consistently failed to do that. I'm going to assume incompetence as the playtesters of Netrunner are volunteers and not paid professionals who should be doing this poo poo for a living. It's loving mind boggling that, after statements saying they were looking to restrict cards that affected the design space of a game, they print a console that invalidates ICE.

Most of this won't matter for me because I only play at a casual level, but this is not going to make Netrunner look good competitively.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Zephro posted:

You don't need playtesters to figure out that the card is wildly overpowered. I assume this is the card Damon had in mind when he said he'd been forced to buff something by higher-ups and that people would flip out when they saw it.

This raises a lot more questions, such as "who the gently caress is above Damon that has such a boner for Anarch" and "who's mandating that a specific card be buffed, isn't that Damon's role" and, in general, "what the gently caress."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
if it was from a book we'd have Diversity Otter as a console, because Monitor owns. :colbert:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I feel like someone went "Null needs a console that synergises with his breakers" because in a Null deck with no parasites and his two breakers, it's not too crazy. It's essentially helping to charge up those breakers for future runs, right? Then any of the above problems happened and RIP ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Damon posted on Twitter that he isn't leaving, he was changing privacy stuff due to racist harassment (whoever did this ought to gently caress OFF) and misclicked some things.

• Locked thread