Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Also, why isn't there a Goon Jinteki league. If there's not one being arranged by the time I get off work tonight, I'll start arranging it.

Count me in (as free points in swiss because I am terrible).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So, in the spirit of janky bullshit decks, I made a deck designed to blank out as many runner IDs as possible.

Blank IDs

GRNDL: Power Unleashed (Fear and Loathing)

Agenda (13)
1x Geothermal Fracking (Opening Moves)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Profiteering (Second Thoughts)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Operation (36)
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
3x Consulting Visit (The Liberated Mind)
1x Cyberdex Trial (Opening Moves)
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
2x Hard-Hitting News (23 Seconds) ●●●●
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Housekeeping (Order and Chaos)
1x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof) ●●●●
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
1x SEA Source (Core Set) ●●
2x Snatch and Grab (All That Remains)
3x Stock Buy-Back (23 Seconds)
2x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)
3x Traffic Accident (Order and Chaos)
2x Witness Tampering (Double Time)
10 influence spent (max 10, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

-GRNDL to blank Valencia, since starting bad pub doesn't stack
-Nothing to trash in order to blank Whizzard
-No ICE, which blanks a number of runner IDs: Null, Quetzal, Reina, Khan, Nero, Nasir, Kit
-There is often nothing installed during the runner's turn, which blanks Silhouette (no expose targets) and Leela (no bounce targets)

Unfortunately I can't run no operations, so Kim is a rough matchup. And theoretically I could take out the yellow cards/Snatch and Grab and put in Snares for tags to blank link/Sunny, but I don't want to have to rely on just Snare to land a tag for Scorch.

So far this deck has a 100% win rate on Jinteki, by virtue of winning the only test game I've done so far.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm not sure it's worth the influence outside of HB just to snipe out Paperclip, but I have seen a lot more Chronos Project recently, so what do I know about meta calls.

HB glacier is probably going to want it just to remove Rumor Mill after playing ELP or the like.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

berenzen posted:

New runner card is absolutely bonkers

:stonklol:

Is it time to take Foxfire out of the binder?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Random side question: is jinteki playable on mobile browsers or does it break in horrible ways?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I know there is some power jank between Stinson and Lateral Growth but I'm phone posting from the break room at work, so I can't think of it right now.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

My plan is to weep bitterly that my Accelerated Shutdown Boom deck was killed before it could even exist.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

First Responders looks absurdly powerful. Unless the runner goes broke, SEA/Scorch/Scorch won't get it done. 24/7 into Boom or Midseasons for 5+ tags then trash First Responders seem like the only way to get kills through, unless you want to hold out for SEA/Biotic/Trash/Scorch/Scorch or SEA/Trash/Subcontract into Scorch/Scorch.

Houdini, Blackstone, and presumably a similar Killer make me wonder about a Smoke deck running Escher to stack ICE types together on servers and make running super-efficient.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

AgentF posted:

The new Shaper stealth breakers keeping their strength may actually be problematic for the game, despite the appeal that it might bring out the Tinkerings and Paintbrushes. The problem is that Stealth rigs were previously defined as having powerful breakers that could get into any server for very cheap, but with the limitation that you could only do so once per turn. The Corp had decent counter-strategies to Stealth in that they could stack servers and "tax out" the stealth credits, or that they could use defensive upgrades such as Ash/Caprice to force the runner to make multiple successful runs. Stealth breakers keeping their strength works against the first counter-strategy, and the second one is also endangered by all the excellent additional sources of stealth credits such as Net Mercur, the upcoming Smoke identity and even Mirror. I have a vague feeling of unease that a full Shaper stealth rig might be out of control and dominate the meta. I suppose we will wait and see, and think about appropriate counters if that eventuality occurs.

The best counter to stealth decks has been and probably always will be fast advance. Stealth takes time to set up, even out of Smoke.

quote:

First Responders is a little worrying for kill decks as the drawing of a single card is often the difference between flatlining the runner and not. This card is cheap enough to use to make a Jinteki PE flatline a real headache, much more of an obstacle than even feedback filter. This doesn't seem novel as Sports Hopper previously introduced the "draw cards to avoid flatline" approach, but a key difference here is that First Responders doesn't trash itself and so can be used again and again. The recourses for a flatline Corp are then to, 1) exhaust the runner's deck completely so First Responders has nothing to draw (the focus of the new Jinteki ID, also Levys can be hunted with Ark Lockdown), 2) tag the runner and trash first responders (meat damage decks can take this approach, similar to having to trash a Crash Space. Net damage can't do this), or 3) trash First Responders using non-tag methods such as Enforcing Loyalty, Hatchet Job(?).

I still say that First Responders is too powerful. The only reliable kill will be Boom, and the only reliable Boom will be an Accelerated Shutdown combo, and even that is unreliable in the face of Rumor Mill. Enforcing Loyalty isn't much of an answer either, since that is another trashable operation.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I dunno, it also targets David and possibly ABR.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

As long as we're spitballing card ideas:

Social Media Takeover
6/2 agenda - neutral, 1 inf.

The advancement requirement of Social Media Takeover is decreased by 1 for each installed Connection.
As an additional cost to steal Social Media Takeover, the Runner must pay 1 for each installed Connection.

berenzen posted:

!Eli
cost 4
str 4
ICE: Barrier- Noisy
The runner may take 1 tag (cannot be avoided) to break 1 subroutine on this piece of ICE
End the Run
End the Run.

Emphasis on my edit.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Can you blame them? They probably thought you were going to burn down their house.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Oberth is not a region and therefore blanked by Rumor Mill.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It costs 9. You can't break subs unless the icebreaker meets or exceeds the strength of the ice, so the first 3 credits are only good for pumping strength.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

How does Credit Crash interact with Neutralize All Threats, anyways? NAT specifies that you must trash the first card you access by paying its trash cost, but Credit Crash says to trash the first card at no cost. There's no optionality or "may" in either text, so which takes priority? Does the runner choose?

Credit Crash, like you said, does not say "you may." Neutralize All Threats does, however, say "if able." I would say Credit Crash triggers, trashing the card for free unless the Corp prevents it. That card is still the first card accessed, so if you accessed another card in the same run with a trash cost, you would not be forced to trash it by NAT.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

So i just remembered i have a worlds ticket for this game and have no idea what im gonna play since i have no clue what the meta is and am bad at the game. Are whizzard/faust decks still a thing?

Dumbleforks is still a thing, AFAIK.

quote:

Are there any decent corp decks that arent gimmicky that a retard like me can learn on the car trip to MN?

NBN asset spam is pretty simple? Play NEH or CTM, spam political assets, SanSans, etc, punish tags with EoI/Closed Accounts/ASI/Psycho and otherwise do generic yellow fast advance shenanigans.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Best Defense is probably going to be a 1-of in yellow tag punishment decks, and might be worth it in Weyland kill to snipe plascrete? Maybe? If they run Midseasons?

Top Hat is literally insane at 0 cost and 1 influence.

En Passant is probably meant to combo well with Run Amok but at 2 influence might also get combo'd with Emergency Shutdown in criminal. Make a run on HQ through an ice you don't like, Emergency Shutdown the ice, then En Passant. After all, it's a now-unrezzed piece of ice, and you did pass it during the last run you made this turn.

The Gauntlet is an HQ Interface+ except not really, because it's a Criminal console that's not Desperado and therefore won't see play.

Weyland finally gets anti-AI ice, and true to form it's garbage.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Top Hat is clearly meant to combo with Mirror and multiple R&D runs per turn, where Smoke might want it over RDI due to being 0-cost and Jinteki shenanigans.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Some more targets for Best Defense:
Faerie
SMC
Inti
Endless Hunger (if somehow you find yourself playing against Apex)
DLR
Security Testing
Technical Writer
Artist Colony

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Even if Chief Slee did fire, 5 meat damage can't guarantee a kill.

Also I just looked at the art again and now I can't unsee her outfit + helmet as being Mega Man cosplay.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Museum of the Future
2 to rez, 2 to trash
When your turn begins, you may pay 1. If you do, skip your mandatory draw.
If Museum of the Future is trashed while installed, shuffle it into R&D instead.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Zephro posted:

Marilyn Campaign:

If Marilyn Campaign is trashed while installed, you may shuffle it into R&D instead of adding it to Archives

Damon gets design ideas from the SA forums, confirmed

I'm glad someone else remembered this. I'll be expecting a check in the mail, Damon.

StashAugustine posted:

Isnt random milling basically useless?

I've tried several iterations of PU to mill out a runner completely and force a flatline. While on a case-by-case basis it might be more impactful than regular damage (because the runner can often control what's at risk of regular damage), building a deck around milling out the runner is basically impossible right now unless it's a Museum deck, because you'll deck yourself first otherwise. But then, try testing a Museum deck on jinteki when half your opponents quit when they see a 54-card corp.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Maybe too late now that IG49 is going away, but wouldn't it also flip archives without accessing the same way Eater does, if you have no tags?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Heading to my first Store Championship on Sunday, and I'm struggling to come up with a runner deck I want to play. I don't want to just netdeck one of the Worlds Whizzard decks, but my own concoctions aren't doing well in testing.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

berenzen posted:

E: how much yellow do you expect to see? The thing about hate bear is that it completely destroys CtM and gives sync a pretty rough match-up as well. But it does falter a bit more vs. glacier, unless you can start to land siphons early and often.

The casual league doesn't have much yellow IIRC, but I expect to see more people for a Store Champ and for the league members to bring more serious decks, so it's hard to say. Hopefully I'll be able to take a look at my league sheet this afternoon and see what/how many corps I've played against exactly.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

I know, I know, "positional ICE," [...] (NRE can DIAF)

Objection, asked and answered.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

berenzen posted:

E: how much yellow do you expect to see? The thing about hate bear is that it completely destroys CtM and gives sync a pretty rough match-up as well. But it does falter a bit more vs. glacier, unless you can start to land siphons early and often.

Took a look at my league sheet today. Out of 9 matches I actually played HB more than anything, 3 ETFs and one NEXT Design Surat City Grid deck. After than was 2 CTMs and single instances of other IDs.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Oh god the whole west coast King of Servers team is here, including Timmy Wong. I am not making any kind of cut.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TheParadigm posted:

You can do it, just believe in the heart of the cards and netrun like you have never run before!

I somehow managed to finish in 4th place and come home with an alt art PAD Campaign and a deck box and play mat featuring Run Amok. My corp carried me, basically. RP grindy prison, 3-1 in Swiss and 2-0 after the top 8 cut, while my runner was Smoke and went 2-2 in Swiss and 0-2 after the cut.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

First loss after the cut was to rushy HB. Eli makes Blackstone cry.

Second was to FA CTM running Cyberdex to kill Clot. Double Data Ravens on R&D make Switchblade cry.

So the lesson is, run Refractor/Dagger/Corroder instead.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

it was really fun to play against

You don't have to lie. It's miserable to play against.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

RP Grindhouse (5-1 SC)

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)
1x Clone Retirement (Second Thoughts)
3x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny)
2x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (22)
3x Bio-Ethics Association (Democracy and Dogma)
1x Commercial Bankers Group (Democracy and Dogma)
3x Hostile Infrastructure (All That Remains)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
3x Museum of History (Kala Ghoda)
3x Shock! (True Colors)
2x Snare! (Core Set)
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Operation (11)
2x Ark Lockdown (Escalation)
1x Best Defense (Intervention)
2x Enhanced Login Protocol (The Spaces Between)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Neural EMP (Core Set)

Barrier (2)
2x Vanilla (The Liberated Mind)

Code Gate (7)
2x Aiki (Blood Money)
1x DNA Tracker (Escalation)
2x Quandary (Double Time)
2x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (3)
2x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
1x Tsurugi (True Colors)
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Intervention

I don't know whether I should do a writeup and publish it or not. Apparently there's no tag for the new 2017 store champ cycle.

Commercial Bankers Group probably did the least work, so that's two influence and a deck slot up for grabs. I'd probably make it an ICE instead of, say, a third Jackson. Tour Guide, Ichi 1.0, something taxing like that.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I wouldn't worry about it. Jinteki's apparently getting a ton of new net damage awesomeness, which means people will tech against it, depowering the grindhouse deck.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Of course, now you need to figure out your MU situation, but hey.

What else does Apex usually do with their 1 MU from Heartbeat?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Ive always found it funny apex is a Weyland hard counter

Hey now, Weyland has Caduceus, and...

Uh....

Wormhole...

Umm...

Bulwark?

Mausolus with 3 advancement?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Consumed
Virtual Resource, 0 cost, 2 influence
As an additional cost to install The Consumed, you must trash an installed program.
+2 MU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

What would you begin to cost/str that at?

What happens if you host Scorched Earth/Traffic Accident? Or an operation that costs clicks? Or Biotic Labor that gives you clicks when it's not your turn?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Even setting all that aside, host Restructure, make 15 credits.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So what's going to happen to the core set runners being replaced? Are they just going to be illegal/unplayable now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

These conditional regions seem underwhelming.

Curfew: For When You Just Want To Trash Runner Currents

The ice seems surprisingly playable. Maybe it's only surprising because I never see anyone play Wotan.

No one will ever play Demonstration of Force. If you want a neutral 4/2, Corporate Sales Team is a thing. Assuming you don't have room for NAPD Contract.

Friends in High Places seems like a good answer to all the ice destruction going around.

EDIT: Okay, maybe Curfew has a place in a flatline deck. It turns Chief Slee into a lethal blow, and Jinteki can combo it with Chairman Hiro for a Ronin kill.

• Locked thread