Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Desparado singlehandly will win you games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

IIRC someone on stimhack slack chat was bragging about beating an asset spam deck with no installed cards other than Desperado

It's the Josh01 game vs CTM. It's worth a watch on his twitch. You can trash everything.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Do you have a link?

https://www.twitch.tv/josh01tv/v/85821299

46 min in

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Xeom posted:

It seems this game has completely died around me. Everything in lansing, and even Ann arbor is completely magic-ed out.

I bought the core set and all the expansions, and never got around to playing with it much. I got into it just as the last bit of scene here died. Sad really the game was a lot of fun the few times I got to play it, but its just so hard to get into. 600 dollars into what seems like a dying game seems like a big big stretch.

Is FFG release any new products to try and help new players get in? Or at least some new formats?
That seemed to be the problem around here, no new players ever joined.

I'm under the impression the Ann Arbor scene is still around. There was just a Michigan team tournament.

Ask the folks here: http://forum.stimhack.com/t/summer-team-tournament-in-metro-detroit/7611/14

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

CodfishCartographer posted:

Surprised Nero didn't take off more, since he eliminates almost all of the need for recursion.

nero doesn't help against batty. And it's once per turn. Leela, Andy, and Gabe get you to 7 a lot better.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Corps need the help and can help people who can't deal with DLR or other like decks.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

It is shameful that a company in MN didn't call it PURPLE level clearance and not this violet poo poo.

Stinson is close to being busted.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Escalation release date is Oct 6. Pack yo plascretes.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Radish posted:

Does anyone know two decks that play well against each other but not learner decks? I'm trying to teach someone to play after using the some learners and want to move on to more complicated (but not TOO crazy) stuff but she is frustrated because she feels that the decks I made aren't balanced against each other. I grabbed them off stimhack (and got ones that were around at the same meta) since they looked ok but I understand that this can definitely be the case where one deck is designed to be powerful against another.

check these out, they say learner decks but they're just as good for casual play, the author does well with the kit deck online

https://runthenet.wordpress.com/2016/08/23/recommended-teachinglearning-decks/

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

here is some intervention for you all

http://imgur.com/a/2eEP2

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Yithian posted:

I always want to like Weyland stuff but at 10 credits (and a bad publicity?!), why am I not just playing Hadrian's Wall again?

And why does Bulwark have two subroutines that say "The corp gains 2 credits. End the run."? That won't make the corp gain 4 credits! What the gently caress?

I think it's one of those things for Chief. After the first of the corp gains 2 credits , end the run, the 2nd one doesn't fire.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

I was really forward to Fairchild 4. Damon why you tease us?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

I usually rush those agendas out as fast as possible. If they take up to 6 pts while doing all of that that's fine as long as I get to 7 first.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Static Equilibrium posted:

Playing ABT roulette is the purest form of Netrunner.

against nexus kate recently i ABT Fairchild 3, turing, and ichi 2. I just put it all in my scoring remote(already had two face downs) and jammed agendas till i got to 7.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Pretty good games were streamed, even though the factions were a little limited you got to pick the stuff that's gonna get you 9 rounds of Swiss plus double slim, it was interesting what actually shook out, lot of people who didn't make the cut played certain archetypes I thought would make the cut

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

If you want to win bring CTM or this http://www.acoo.net/deck/20085/store-championship-geekery-hq-2016-1st-kenny-deakins-copy-of-copy-of-mwl2-dedication-ig-/

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Scoop from latest FFG Products newsletter is Core Set 2.0 is happening next quarter.

Need scans plz

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

I believe Kate and noise will be gone so it's reina and chaos theory

Stronger together I think for hb

Not sure what the others are going to be according to the scooplords

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

It was in response to the Jesminder meta that will never happen.

Sol is pretty strong with the trifecta of Keegan, Data Ward, and Data Raven, you can do some quality rig shootin while never advancing agendas.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Zephro posted:

Do you have a list? I spent ages a few months ago trying to get Keegan to work and couldn't really make it happen.

Mind you this isn't optimized at at all. I haven't' been able to get enough reps in. I can't decide between resistors or wraparounds. Old list had restructures. Playing more would probably help me out on this...

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/822372

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Wraparound is a lot better than Resistor right now IMO because of all the link/power tap decks running around.

poo poo yeah you are right..Those dang andy taps

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Sub boosting a data ward isn't the worst idea but slots

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Does anyone honestly believe people won't just keep Playing "legacy" netrunner after rotation and continue using Black LotusJackson Howard in almost all settings?

People probably will in whatever format they please, just that when it comes to official tournaments they gonna have to switch.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Hydrocodone posted:

I got the core set for Christmas and started learning it with family. So far, I've learned to hate Tollbooths.

Use femme fatale's bypass ability to not pay 3 on encounter

Or use datasucker plus parasite to kill it

Assert dominance over your family

sonatinas fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 30, 2016

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Kaethela posted:

I gave that Sleeper Hold deck a try the other day and won two games in a row with it. The first by scoring six points and sleepers (watching the runner panic during their turn was the greatest thing ever) and the second by scoring out a GFI from hand.

Sleeper hold is still good right now. You can rush behind lotuses

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Until employee strike is mwl I'll keep on packing them, current wars will continue

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

On the Lam on turning wheel for crim is p good damage protection( with Aaron of course), nobody is playing foxfire

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

GUILTY!

https://clips.twitch.tv/vttvlive/HelpfulStingrayFailFish

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

you need Victoria Jenkins

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

The influence is going to be tight no matter which direction you go, but maybe doable out of HB?

CUSTOM BIOTICS

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

y'all better learn how to rush because congress kates gonna take over. glacier gonna mean nothing when you are stuck at 6 pts

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

holy crap this TD box is huge

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Yithian posted:

Asset spam is straight up ruining my enjoyment of playing Netrunner.

3x hacktivist plus maw

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

RP is real good right now

but kill palana is ok too

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

berenzen posted:

If you RFG with slums, you still activate the 'trash' clause of Maw.

Access card》Choose to trash (this is what Maw cares about)》Trash the card (this is what gets replaced with RFG)》 finish accessing card.

Ufaq seems to differ on that

If the Runner uses Salsette Slums to remove a trashed card from the game, does Maw trigger?

No, Maw does not trigger. In order to use Salsette Slums, the Runner must trash the accessed card.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

The new informant card should do some work against asset spam as well.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Core 2.0 y'all believe it

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

CirclMastr posted:

I think that's what a lot of people are hoping L5R is.

L5R people gonna find out that FFG OP is not up to the task. I'll never get into another FFG competitive game after ANR.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

AgentF posted:

I have no idea why we're being so down about Netrunner. After the release of the latest MWL the game seems healthier than ever. There are a whole range of playstyles that are not only viable but strongly competitive. Also when I went to regionals I played against every Corp faction and every Runner faction. This is a far cry from the situation at last Worlds. Also Terminal Directive is really solid and I'm having great fun playing through the campaign.

What's going on, guys? Seems to me that there's never been a better time to be a Netrunner player.

I'm definitely not down. Meta right now is the best it has been in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Maybe agree on cache refresh decks or let them proxy

• Locked thread