Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

berenzen posted:

I don't disagree. Biggest trick is how to not make the game completely unwinnable if a runner can't get into any server.

... without making it so that the runner doesn't have to actually make runs in order to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

berenzen posted:

New runner card is absolutely bonkers

neutral?

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/20/quorum/

Quorum is the 6th pack in the Flashpoint Cycle

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is there a bad card that Smoke has shown up on/been related to? I feel like the worst is Dai V, and even that isn't like, actively awful, and otherwise it's just straight good stuff.

Daily Casts maybe? But even that is just conditional, not outright bad.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

sonatinas posted:

Stinson is close to being busted.

Well they've got to do something to get Weyland back on the map... v:shobon:v

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

From the FAQ:

Glenn Station
• If Glenn Station is forfeited, any card hosted on it is trashed.
• Glenn Station can only host a card through its click ability.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Nah, 2 credits a click is a really high ratio which takes a lot of investment to get repeatedly as a runner. Sure gamble is a really strong econ card because it lets you do that twice (well, 4 for a card and a click) with the extra drawback of needing 5 to start with.

To make this worth using as regular draw as opposed to kill protection you need to be getting more than two credits per click, repeatedly.

So you're saying 3x Au Revoir and Snitch? Or Security Testing and Temüjin Contract?

If I'm remembering right, weren't Au Revior/Snitch decks swimming in so much money that they'd use Feedback Filter to become immune to net damage? If they could pay 3 credits to prevent a damage, they could probably afford 2 credits to draw if they wanted.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

I just realized that Black Orchestra is going to take 9 credits to break DNA Tracker. Maybe I'll just stick with importing Zu.13...

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Great theme? Check
Great art? Check
Underwhelming effect? Double loving check.

Definitely sounds like a Weyland card.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

I hope everyone is ready to go to Mars!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/10/daedalus-complex/

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Jemison Astronautics seems like it might finally be a legitimate Weyland identity and I don't want to wait the 6 months it's going to take to get it into my grubby little hands.

Maybe there are some unspoiled cards that will give Builder of Nations a coherent strategy that isn't just waiting for the runner to punch their face into your ICE until they die?

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Hannibal Rex posted:

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Otherwise, it would also cost Paperclip 11 credits to break Curtain Wall, 5 to break Eli, etc.

Edit: Welp, didn't remember the wording on Paperclip.

Yeah, the first time I saw Black Orchestra's full text, I went "oh, it's Paperclip but for code gates and in increments of 2", too. Then I reread it a few more times and realized that Black Orchestra is kind of awful. Which makes sense because it's an anarch decoder.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

yog tho

Too bad I was hoping to have the full suite of install from heap decoders but Orchestra just looks too mediocre to be worth it.

Yog.0 is bad because it's fixed strength and Datasucker counters can be purged. It's also 5 credits to install which is kind of a lot, especially in core-set Anarch.

Yog.0 is great because it's strength 3 and Fantasy Flight spent the first three years of the game's existence printing code gates with strength 3 and below.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Hivemind is unique.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

I just took apart my degenerate Reina deck, but En Passant might make me put it back together.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

Weyland finally gets anti-AI ice, and true to form it's garbage.

I always want to like Weyland stuff but at 10 credits (and a bad publicity?!), why am I not just playing Hadrian's Wall again?

And why does Bulwark have two subroutines that say "The corp gains 2 credits. End the run."? That won't make the corp gain 4 credits! What the gently caress?

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Better give NBN some more power cards, it's not at 100% representation yet.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

I'm liking almost every single one of those Weyland cards.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

https://drafts.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/11/terminal-directive/

Terminal Directive is a narrative campaign expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game. It comes with 86 Corporation cards and 77 Runner cards, including identities for the Criminal, Shaper, Haas-Bioroid, and Weyland Consortium factions. Two PAD sheets, one sticker sheet, one rulebook, and four secret packs of campaign cards and stickers allow you to track your progress. Altogether, along with the Android: Netrunner Core Set, Terminal Directive comes with everything you and a friend need to enjoy a thrilling, ongoing murder investigation in the Android universe in which your cyberstruggles and decisions directly impact the cards and stickers to which you gain access. Terminal Directive is scheduled to arrive at retailers in the first quarter of 2017!

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Yeah, my bet is that they're legal cards added to the pool. I guess this is what they're doing instead of big boxes now? Sign me up!

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

What would you begin to cost/str that at?

rez cost: 0
strength: 8 or something even higher

Because that operation is going to get trashed the first time the subroutine fires, which means it will do nothing ever again.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

It's pretty fun in Siphon/Keyhole Reina, too

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Well drat, guess I will wait for that to jump back in. What cycles will go out when the rotation hits again?

Genesis and Spin, if I recall correctly.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

I know Reina isn't "good" per se, but I'll be really happy if she becomes permanent. She's by far my favorite runner :3:

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

berenzen posted:

Martial Law Corp spoilers

Jinteki:
Mind Games
ICE: Code Gate- Psi- Deflector
0 rez- 4 str- 3 inf
Play a psi game, if the corp and runner have a different number of credits, choose another server. The runner is now running on that server instead of passing Mind Games. For the rest of this run, the runner must add 1 installed card under their stack as an additional cost to jack out.

Hey, it's a cheaper Bullfrog with a stronger effect which doesn't even make the ICE stop protecting the server!

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Because Weyland's only purpose in the game is to be an influence sink for NBN.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

https://drafts.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/12/7/earths-scion/

Oh look, Anarchs get their very own Creeper to continue their trend of absolute horseshit killers.

On the other hand, Weyland gets a hyper Trick of Light that might just make advanceable ICE playable!

edit: at least Persephone has a vaguely useful side-effect, unlike Creeper. Its install cost and cost to break subroutines is still pretty steep, though.

Yithian fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 7, 2016

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

WFGuy posted:

So many ways incoming to fast-advance out your Government Takeover, but I suppose it's easier to do that with the smaller government on Mars. Still, I can't wait for the "Click 1 Biotic, click 2 install card, clicks 3-5 VOLTRON ASSEMBLE THE TAKEOVER"

I mean, I'm not not going to try it.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

And at only twice the MU as well!

Ugh, I missed the 2MU. Yeah, that definitely falls into the "horseshit" category. I know killers are supposed to be inefficient but I'm not sure I want to use one that actively encourages me to eat sentry subroutines.

Also Persephone (along with, well, most every killer in the game) is probably infinitely more MU than Creeper, since it's probably taking up 0MU while it's in the ~*~cloud~*~

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Zephro posted:

Anarchs are supposed to have terrible killers, though, it's part of their colour pie.

edit: Inversificator looks hilarious/scary/great fun

And boy do they. Anarch has some really poo poo killers. I still maintain that Mimic isn't particularly good, it's just that all the other killers are so bad.

Anarch is also home to some truly awful decoders, between Yog.0 actually costing them influence and not being pumpable, Force of Nature being Force of Nature and Black Orchestra somehow being more expensive to use than Force of Nature.

If Paperclip wasn't so good, I'd think that fracters weren't in the Anarch part of the color pie either since their AI ICEbreakers are so incredible.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

please don't troll my thread

Yithian posted:

between Yog.0 actually costing them influence and not being pumpable

Yog's break cost is great, it's base strength is great. It kicks the poo poo out of all the code gates printed in early Netrunner. But those other parts are challenging to work around. The other Anarch decoders are laughaly bad though.

Destrado posted:

That Anarch has other appealing options when they had the gold standard for breaker efficiency in the core set says a lot about how good these newer options are.

The ICE types aren't directly equivalent, mind you. Killers are always slightly awkward to use, Mimic got as far as it did because it seemed for the longest time Sentries were either low strength or prohibitively expensive. Then you had things like D4v1d or Sharpshooter to back you up on anything that Mimic couldn't deal with.

I like the new trend of breakers being not necessarily better but stranger, it's just harder to see them in a competitive environment where a Runner has to prepare for everything.

Yeah, less straightforwardly-efficient breakers is fun and probably good for the game.

Seriously though, if it weren't for Paperclip, I'd think that Anarch's core set breakers were anomolies and that they're actually supposed to only have good AIs.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

FAQ posted:

When accessing cards in Archives, the Runner turns all cards faceup in Archives before accessing them. Then he or she accesses and resolves individual cards one by one, in any order he or she wants.

Sol would be able to play Predictive Algorithm from archives after the runner steals the first agenda since cards are accessed one at a time.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

If you're playing Weyland and you have a tag on the runner, you have better things to do than Exchange of Information.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Counterpoint: Baba Yaga really highlights exactly how stupid Yog.0 and Faerie are. I seriously can't wait for Faerie to rotate out.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

So balance is a myth then, got it.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

The Deleter posted:

This raises a lot more questions, such as "who the gently caress is above Damon that has such a boner for Anarch" and "who's mandating that a specific card be buffed, isn't that Damon's role" and, in general, "what the gently caress."

My suspicion is that the storyline/theme/fluff of each cycle includes which faction(s) are on top. It makes sense that Anarchs would dominate during the aftermath of the 23 Seconds Incident but if Fantasy Flight only wanted to print cards for one runner faction and one corp faction at a time, they shouldn't have bothered to create the concept at all!

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

I look forward to abusing that, then

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Three copies of Sifr, three Clone Chips and a single Parastie would cost you 9 of Rielle's 10 influence. Between Test Run and Self-Modifying Code you could probably make it happen but I don't know if you'd have enough influence left over for all the other stuff she'd need.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

You could always throw in a Levy AR Lab Access to double the fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Nope

• Locked thread