Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
it's true, I am perfectly happy with my life 20 years later but if my high school guidance counselor told me I could be making like $300k a year as a marine engineer in Turks and Caicos u better believe i would have done that

goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
"Take ap classes"

Yeah thanks for that advice

Where's the real advice, fuckers!!!

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Guy Mann posted:

Much like your posting, OP.

my posting isn't life guidance tho

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Kuato posted:

Mine told me not to bother applying to college because I won't get in. Here I am 50 years later and I am the head of a major corporation and am ahead in life.

u had a better guidance counsel than me

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

SweetKarma posted:

I remember seeing a statistic somewhere that marine engineers have one of the highest suicide rates of any profession. It sticks out in my mind because it seems like such an odd profession to have such high suicide rates.

that is odd, I only know a couple of them but they get paid to dive nice places in the Caribbean and tell other people how to actually make the docks

seems awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

VendaGoat posted:

Like you could ever make 300K a year :lol:

yeah I blame the guidance counseler

• Locked thread