Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I live in California where the beach is basically mecca. Beach is love, beach is life. I go there to see and be seen. Anyway, I met a guy from Utah today who had never seen the ocean before. It made me think about all the poor individuals who don't live near the coast. How many of you poor saps have never seen the ocean before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I see the ocean lots and see it from way underwater lots it owns

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
mountains > oceans. what are you gonna do with an ocean?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i went to florida once, gulf side resort. ocean water just loving slapping me around, salt water is nasty as gently caress and hell on the senses.

the temperature of the water was basically perfect though.

lakes are better.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

gently caress DA OCEAN

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
also I see the Caribbean Sea way underwater and that owns too

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
gonna fly to key west tomorrow and dive it and the dry tortugas, that will own

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i like to swim in fish pee

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
I have never seen the ocean, since I don't live in the US and have never visited it.

I have seen the Mediterranean in different countries, though, and I guess one coast looks just like the other.

On, wait, does the Red Sea count as part of the Indian Ocean or not?

Anyway, my previous point still stands.

Gazpacho posted:

This is also true.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm not sure if I've ever seen the Atlantic ocean. I lived in DC for 3-4 years but I was dirt broke due to cost of living. I have seen the Pacific at least. I'm a country bumpkin who has never been outside of North America in any case.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Gazpacho posted:

i can drive into an ocean

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

jackyl posted:

gonna fly to key west tomorrow and dive it and the dry tortugas, that will own

dry tortugas is baller

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Gazpacho posted:

I like the ocean better, but I live in California so I'm just a few hours away from the mountains and ocean either way. :smug:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
the ocean is complete garbage

Hell Yeah posted:

gently caress DA OCEAN

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Gazpacho posted:

california has mountains also but we ignore them because they are lame and dumb compared to the beaches and ocean and sun

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I've seen the ocean, been in the ocean, I don't much like the ocean. Cool to look at, but sitting in the sand, wading around in the water, meh.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

jackyl posted:

I see the ocean lots and see it from way underwater lots it owns

I want to learn how to scuba dive someday.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I've seen two of the five op

Oh and I've pissed in both of them

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
only a goon could hate the ocean

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Ruggan posted:

dry tortugas is baller

good to know but the fuckin seaplane guy was full so we gotta take the ferry

gently caress, at least we will maybe have good weather for the vandeberg, this is like our fourth time going to dive it and we always get hosed with weather. visibility has never been good on it and I know the keys diving issues but gently caress, just give us one good vandenberg dive

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

can anyone really ever "see" the "ocean"?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

SweetKarma posted:

I want to learn how to scuba dive someday.

it loving owns, do it

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Enfield posted:

only a goon could hate the ocean

:mad: why don't you go eat some spaghetti ya bozo

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Gazpacho posted:

My county reaches from the Cascade mountain range to the Pacific Ocean. I could easily visit both in a single day.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I have spent most of my adulthood living on boats

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i see it every day OP its really nice

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My county reaches from the Cascade mountain range to the Pacific Ocean. I could easily visit both in a single day.

Or you could spend all day in the mountains, which are cool and good and none of the day in the ocean, which is lame and stupid.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

OctoberBlues posted:

:mad: why don't you go eat some spaghetti ya bozo

i was once a woman living in the gulf of mexico....

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Showing-out with my transoceanic privilege

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

can anyone really ever "see" the "ocean"?

aye, I've seen it with me own eyes.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What's the deal with the pacific ocean on the USA/Mexico border? Does that fence go all the way down? What if you swim out and around it? Are there people with guns waiting on the USA side for anyone who looks mexican?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

SweetKarma posted:

I live in California where the beach is basically mecca. Beach is love, beach is life. I go there to see and be seen. Anyway, I met a guy from Utah today who had never seen the ocean before. It made me think about all the poor individuals who don't live near the coast. How many of you poor saps have never seen the ocean before?

while i also like the ocean and have traveled far to be in it many times, i would like to think california wouldn't turn their mecca into a huge garbage dump and the beach that you access it by into a big hoard of plastic tents and sweaty towels

then again i've never been to actual mecca it probably stinks like 2000 people sweating in a small place, also it has an 80 story hotel that blocks the sun from reaching half of it

maybe mecca was the right word actually

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just goes on forever like wwwoooowww :stare:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
why would I waste time seeing the ocean, when I could see whole new worlds from the comfort of my computer screen, with the hit new game No Man Sky?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Panama City beach is better than anything in California and that's true

Grace bay is the best beach but if we're talking about American stuff, the emerald coast owns California easily

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

jackyl posted:

good to know but the fuckin seaplane guy was full so we gotta take the ferry

gently caress, at least we will maybe have good weather for the vandeberg, this is like our fourth time going to dive it and we always get hosed with weather. visibility has never been good on it and I know the keys diving issues but gently caress, just give us one good vandenberg dive

last time I went the water was swarming with jellyfish and the visibility was so poo poo you'd only see them with a meter or two of warning, so... I hope you get better

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enfield posted:

i was once a woman living in the gulf of mexico....

Do they call spaghetti sauce salsa in Mexico or is salsa like salsa and then pasta salsa is something else?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like to wear a sundress and feel the salty sea air on my bronzed face, strong and proud like a warrior jaguar

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I've been to the atlantic, pacific, and lived on the gulf coast. The best beaches Ive seen are in california and florida. Ama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I grew up in California and the beach was nothing special really outside Venice Beach in the 70s and Huntington Beach if you're part of the surf/skate culture

• Locked thread