Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

When people are on a snorkel boat with their binoculars just looking at you jumping 20 feet off the top of the boat you're on just lol PRIVATE PARTY CANNON BOMB BITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
No I have not, the Great Lakes look similar though, lakes and tubing rivers are okay.

I was born in Michigan (refugee) we have all the freshwater :smug:

Now I live in bible belt Tennessee... (jerbs) once I can make "northern" wages again for a bit, I'll take the time to see it.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Surf water.

OK, with cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8yuWy1bORM

naem
May 29, 2011

galahan posted:

No I have not, the Great Lakes look similar though, lakes and tubing rivers are okay.

I was born in Michigan (refugee) we have all the freshwater :smug:

Now I live in bible belt Tennessee... (jerbs) once I can make "northern" wages again for a bit, I'll take the time to see it.

I miss the lakes :(

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
gulf coast best coast

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If you live somewhere where you can't decide to kill yourself by submerging your car into an ocean within an hour, you're basically subhuman. Gulfs and great lakes get you half credit, at best

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Laotian? What ocean?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
People that live near oceans are deginerates

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Gazpacho posted:

mountains > oceans. what are you gonna do with an ocean?
but when you can have both like victoria, squamish, vancouver, and whistler what then you piece of poo poo???

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Aralan posted:

If you live somewhere where you can't decide to kill yourself by submerging your car into an ocean within an hour, you're basically subhuman. Gulfs and great lakes get you half credit, at best
good post

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Aralan posted:

ive always said if i want to commit suicide its going to be by swimming out and out. if i decide i want to live guess what its going to be a lot of work to make it back to shore and ill probably be too tired and just want a coffee then rethink the rest of the day.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
One day in October i was sitting in my car pretty bored and depressed and an old lady knocked in my window.
She told me she picked up an old guy who walked straight in the sea (we live 100m from the beach) and someone had to drive him home.

Sure enough there was an old guy soaked in seawater with his walker, he told me this time he really wanted to get it over with :smith:

I drove him home, I wonder if he's still alive

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Bill Gates saw my balls when I went diving within visual range of his yacht loaded down with electromagnetic antennae crap in Belize.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Here was the boat

and me intentionally getting high on nitrogen narcosis in the Great Blue Hole

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

emoji posted:

and me intentionally getting high on nitrogen narcosis in the Great Blue Hole

Sounds like a good way to die. At least you wouldn't know what was going on.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Ruggan posted:

Sounds like a good way to die. At least you wouldn't know what was going on.

That's why I have advanced certification and the guides were like wink wink you can do this btw. NAUI ftw.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

emoji posted:

That's why I have advanced certification and the guides were like wink wink you can do this btw. NAUI ftw.

Also the effect immediately subsides when you ascend 10 feet or so.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What's the effect like,

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Whippets

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

emoji posted:

Whippets

I had to google what that is and now I am more confused

quote:

a dog of a small, slender breed originally produced as a cross between the greyhound and the terrier or spaniel, bred for racing.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Giddiness similar to nitrous oxide intoxication, but with more clarity.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
It's literally, like, go below 130 feet and having the effect of huge whippets, and seconds later it's gone when you go to 120 feet. Having a dive buddy is essential (and required obviously).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_narcosis

emoji fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 3, 2016

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Sharks are actaully super chill and it's good to kill the invasive lionfish and feed then

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I grew up in new zealand and it is mostly coastline so it blows my mind that there are millions of americans who have never been to the beach

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Shithouse Dave posted:

I grew up in new zealand and it is mostly coastline so it blows my mind that there are millions of americans who have never been to the beach

It's mostly a long white cloud.

e: and a bunch of Maori selling mud-based facial products

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
As poo poo as South Carolina Is in every other regard, the upstate area is nice enough to be within reasonable driving distance (3-4 hrs) to spend a weekend in the mountains or the ocean without taking any time off work.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
a bathysphere is the best way to view the ocean

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Actually the best way is to bring a waffle from the resort breakfast with you underwater, break it into dust and get swarmed by hundreds of thousands of fish, abruptly moving your arms and directing their movements like some kind of Fantasia poo poo.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

emoji posted:

Actually the best way is to bring a waffle from the resort breakfast with you underwater, break it into it into dust and get swarmed by hunderds of thousands of fish, moving your arms and directing their movements like some kind of Fantasia poo poo.

diahrrea woeks formthis to

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
For the price of building a gaming computer you should instead go diving and experience the incredible power of sea before all the reefs are dead from agricultural runoff.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

no thanks

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Gazpacho posted:

mountains > oceans. what are you gonna do with an ocean?

lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I saw the Atlantic Ocean from a plane on the way to a 2 week vacation in Italy at 13, but only got in an ocean at 25 or so and still don't see what the big deal is. It's pretty and impressive looking, but tastes like poo poo and feels like it's going to burn your eyes out of their sockets. I'd take a pool any day over an ocean. Salt-free life for me.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I'm at the beach right now, except it's south Jersey and there's a tropical storm coming in so I'm probably just gonna head back home and play videogames for my Labor Day vacation. At least I took off yesterday so I could get some fishing and swimming in. The ocean loving rules

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:

Serak posted:

I have never seen dry land (posting from the Utopian sea-stead I was born on)

dry land is a myth!

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I saw the Atlantic Ocean from a plane on the way to a 2 week vacation in Italy at 13, but only got in an ocean at 25 or so and still don't see what the big deal is. It's pretty and impressive looking, but tastes like poo poo and feels like it's going to burn your eyes out of their sockets. I'd take a pool any day over an ocean. Salt-free life for me.

Wrong. It only stings for a fraction of a second and it's probably based on fear. The saltwater is closer to your body composition and feels much clearer than opening your eyes in a pool and doesn't leave the temporary residual blurriness like a pool.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i spend time in baja on the sea of cortez a lot and it's cool, the water is lovely and not mean like the wild pacific and i sometimes pet dolphins and sea lions (they're the ones w lil nubby ears right?) and i find whale bones and sometimes steal them and bring them home which is illegal but cool (most illegal things are cool)

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Nurse sharks are basically cats

https://my.mixtape.moe/jofbqi.mp4

e:safari plays at werid speed bc apple is gay

emoji fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 3, 2016

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I've never seen the Pacific. I'm ashamed of myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

emoji posted:

Nurse sharks are basically cats

https://my.mixtape.moe/jofbqi.mp4

e:safari plays at werid speed bc apple is gay

You can make a lot of friends in the ocean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IQ2I-P8Ucw

• Locked thread