Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Is this thread strictly for oceans or can we also talk about seas?

What proportion of the world's population actually live more than, say, 100 miles from the coast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've seen it. Fair bit of water in dat sumbich lol.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I spent much of my childhood on the beach in Florida. I was abandoned by my birth parents as an infant and raised by manatees. We swam in the warm Atlantic waters. We ate lettuce fed to us by locals on the canals behind suburban homes. As I grew my skin cast a golden hue and my hair a platinum glow. I swam like an otter and ran in the sand, my bare feet kicking up a fine spray.

During my 7th summer my pop-pop was run over by a boat and my memaw was so sad that she swam away and never returned. I was devastated. I wandered up the beach lonely and confused.

A young human couple found me sleeping under a dock. They wrapped a blanket around me and took me to thier home.

And that's how I became a something is awful forums poster.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

JiveHonky posted:

I spent much of my childhood on the beach in Florida. I was abandoned by my birth parents as an infant and raised by manatees. We swam in the warm Atlantic waters. We ate lettuce fed to us by locals on the canals behind suburban homes. As I grew my skin cast a golden hue and my hair a platinum glow. I swam like an otter and ran in the sand, my bare feet kicking up a fine spray.

During my 7th summer my pop-pop was run over by a boat and my memaw was so sad that she swam away and never returned. I was devastated. I wandered up the beach lonely and confused.

A young human couple found me sleeping under a dock. They wrapped a blanket around me and took me to thier home.

that was just some guy

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JiveHonky posted:

Same

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

JiveHonky posted:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

STARCH SAFE IDAHO SPUD

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I lived in the Keys for a little bit, and worked on diver tour boat. Used to go diving everyday and lived on a sailboat. It was pretty cool, and it actually took me a few days to get my land legs back when I moved away.

Now I live near the Gulf, and the water is a weird brown color and full of mutants. One time we saw some people loving on the beach, so one of my buddies pretended to be mentally handicapped ran up to them and started laughing and clapping while making weird guttural noises.

They both have their charms

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I like the beach but had no one to go with thi s summer

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I have vomited in the Atlantic

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

emoji posted:

Here was the boat

and me intentionally getting high on nitrogen narcosis in the Great Blue Hole

I've also dove the blue hole but accidentally dropped to 145 taking pictures of the stalactites, it owned. Think I can post my computer profile once we get home from the keys where we are now had a good Vandenberg dive today, Looe key tomorrow so we are def seeing the ocean

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014

galahan posted:

No I have not, the Great Lakes look similar though, lakes and tubing rivers are okay.

I was born in Michigan (refugee) we have all the freshwater :smug:

Now I live in bible belt Tennessee... (jerbs) once I can make "northern" wages again for a bit, I'll take the time to see it.

Same. My family from Maine were like "Wow it looks like the ocean but it's a lake. I don't know why I didn't expect that."

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I went to Nice in France. That beach sucked balls.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
As a teen, I used to love to go waterboarding every summer. Just all day long, waterboarding in the Gulf of Mexico w/ no one to tell me boo.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

unpacked robinhood posted:

One day in October i was sitting in my car pretty bored and depressed and an old lady knocked in my window.
She told me she picked up an old guy who walked straight in the sea (we live 100m from the beach) and someone had to drive him home.

Sure enough there was an old guy soaked in seawater with his walker, he told me this time he really wanted to get it over with :smith:

I drove him home, I wonder if he's still alive

That's pretty sad. Here's a video of a scuba diver dying to lighten the mood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukvbjQRnXNM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I used to live on a tiny island off the coast of South Korea, and as such saw the ocean from my bedroom window. We also had mountains on our little island too. It was ACE.

In summer the beaches were super crowded, but if you waited till Sept 1, then everybody went home, coz it was no longer beach season. Which made it perfect, because teh weather was still hot enough to go to the beach, but you didn't have to brave the hordes of tourists.

• Locked thread