Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Zenni Optical sucks rear end. I don't care now that I've used them that I might save a whole 20 bucks off of a Wal Mart price, they have awful tech support from god knows where (I get responses to my e-mails sent at 3-4 MST and about 3-4 AM MST), but when I send back the glasses I bought that made me go cross eyed I can't even get free shipping back? Dumbass or not for ignoring the fine print on return policies, when you get an e-mail back saying "LOL SORRY WE hosed YOUR GLASSES UP AFTER VERIFICATION, WE ACTUALLY SENT YOU ONES MEANT FOR MR loving MAGOO" in broken English and then tells you to "kindly please do understand now of why you can not get shipping refunded or the expedited of the shipping back to your home unit", well then I start to realize they are probably raiding donated boxes of glasses from Lenscrafter and saying 'gently caress it close enough!' and shipping them off to dumb millennials like me.

Basically what else is there to say besides anyone here who might work at Zenni Optical - SUCK MY DICK YOU FUCKMEN!

Anymore terrible tales of online eyeglass betrayal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i ordered a monocle online and they sent me two monocles fused together. useless

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Orkin Mang posted:

i ordered a monocle online and they sent me two monocles fused together. useless

Those rat bastards. How are you supposed to look Dapper at the dog track now?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

RocktheCaulk posted:

Zenni Optical sucks rear end. I don't care now that I've used them that I might save a whole 20 bucks off of a Wal Mart price, they have awful tech support

Yeah I couldn't make it any farther, but basically you just need to look through the clear parts.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

RocktheCaulk posted:

Just always stand sideways.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RocktheCaulk posted:

i cant go. im too embarrased to even leave my home unit

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Frankenstyle posted:

Yeah I couldn't make it any farther, but basically you just need to look through the clear parts.

The clear parts made me go cross eyed and think my baby mama and child had begun to melt and be possessed by Satan, and now I have several felonies and am 70- bucks short of my lawyers retainer thanks to loving Zenni Optical.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Orkin Mang posted:

i cant go. im too embarrased to even leave my home unit

Do you look good squinting? I don't, so I'm in the same boat. My work I think keeps calling but I can't read the numbers on the phone or find the accept call button.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think you are working from a flawed premise here, op. how can this "zenni optical" be the worst when you have posted this thread?

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
hmmm how about next time you buy american

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
zenni optical is actually the best and it is you who is the worst

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I'm lolling about a goon emailing tech support about glasses

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My mom says I'm not allowed to use them

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
OP throw yourself on your sword and post a ban me because from this day forth you'll be known as the bad glasses fuckman. It's easier this way

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Why the gently caress would you ever buy something that needs to be personalised to you online. You're a goddamn moron + a huge idiot, OP. I hope your vision deteriorates further and you get hit by a truck.

Anyways have a nice day.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I ordered from Zenni one time, and the glasses they sent me were so bad that they totally wore out my eye muscles and then I had a headache that lasted all through the night. I loving woke up feeling like my head was split open and had to run to the bathroom to throw up.

To be fair though I probably shouldn't have worn them all day :shrug:

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
lol @ all the gently caress-eyed goons ITT

i have a basic single vision script and have used zenni several times over the last few years with no problems

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

jackyl posted:

I'm lolling about a goon emailing tech support about glasses

Even my dad knows how to power cycle his bifocals.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

RocktheCaulk posted:

Dumbass or not for ignoring the fine print on return policies,

dumbass, definitely

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

OP have you considered that tech support understands you just fine and they are poking fun at you because your complaint was "how dare you charge me shipping on a return like you explicitly said you would"

hope that this helps

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I bought a couple pair from them a few years ago and they're still going strong. Sorry you're such a piss bitch, op.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i buy glasses from my local glasses getting place, it's pretty cool and they do free adjustments and stuff i'm pretty happy with the arrangment

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

have you tried having decent vision and not needing glasses, OP? it's worked pretty well for me but then again i'm not a lil pissbitch nerd like you so idk

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i had insurance earlier in the year and i went to a ritzy ophthalmologist because my eyes are special and i hadn't been since i last had decent insurance, so, i was still a minor last time that happened.

no co pay on the visit and after buying a good pair of glasses i paid $50 out of pocket which was really the cheapest pair i've had in a looooong time it was cool.

suck a lot of cock for good insurance

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
They are actually really good forums user "op is a fuckman"

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I go to a local guy over on acoma st, he's cool

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

OctoberBlues posted:

I go to a local guy over on acoma st, he's cool

is that the guy across the street from the starbucks and the thai place? I heard he's nice

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Everyone I've known to order from Zenni is very pleased. OP are you a Luxottica shill?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

drunk asian neighbor posted:

is that the guy across the street from the starbucks and the thai place? I heard he's nice

I don't think so, but this guy is also nice!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't think so, but this guy is also nice!

The world needs more nice ophthalmologists, IMO

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't Zenni the fake money from Dragonball?

Afro
May 29, 2007

I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit

notZaar posted:

Isn't Zenni the fake money from Dragonball?

:eng101: "zenni" is the generic term used for money in a lot of fiction

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Afro posted:

including mega man!

drunk asian neighbor posted:

speaking of which dude nice av

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

who

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Afro posted:

You mean a lot of anime.

Afro
May 29, 2007

I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit
i was mostly thinking of breath of fire and ragnarok online which i guess are anime-styled games

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Japanese games are unambiguously anime. I'm also pretty sure I saw the word Zenni in K*ll-la K*ll

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

actually they are good, you must suck op

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
How much of your hard earned zenny did you get swindled out of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Neurolimal posted:

How much of your hard earned zenny did you get swindled out of

70 frickin Zennibucks, although I'm now waiting to get a new pair of non defective lenses shipped back from somewhere in the Far East.

• Locked thread