Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

drunk asian neighbor posted:

FYI if your doctor tries to tell you dailies will feel less dry, I can tell you it makes zero difference and as soon as I run out I'm switching back to 2-weeks, the dailies are expensive as gently caress

Luckily I can't even wear dailies. I don't know if it's my eyelid shape or what but I tried to wear dailies and they always bunch up on me every single time I blink. It's like I have an extra layer of skin on my eyeball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My contacts are cheap as hell and last me a good month or more (I think they are supposed to be monthly disposables). Biomedics UltraFlex II 55 is what I have now, as my old standard UltraFlex 40 stopped being carried by CostCo.

One thing that has improved my experience is using the hydrogen peroxide cleaner with them instead of multipurpose solution. I swear by the stuff - makes my contacts feel new for weeks at a time.

Yeah my parents swear by that poo poo but it kind of scares me since I know one of these days I'd try taking my contacts out while drunk and burn the poo poo out of my eyes

e: you're talking about the stuff that you soak your lenses in all night in that weird little film-canister container, right?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Haier posted:

My gripe is that they used to be cheap. The classes that would cost me $20 before now cost double because they're screwing with the frame prices and seemed to have gotten rid of the $9 and Under category.

One thing I've noticed lately is that they'll aggressively advertise a certain frame as part of like, a "look" or something, so that when you click the ad you're redirected to that exact frame which costs like $30. Then if you browse all glasses on your own, you'll find something extremely similar, if not virtually identical, for half the price or less.

They recently marketed some red frames and some green frames that were $25, and I found their doppelgangers for $15. I swear they offer the same pair of black plastic-framed glasses for $7, $12, $15, and $25, hoping to catch suckers who think cheap automatically = bad.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Yeah my parents swear by that poo poo but it kind of scares me since I know one of these days I'd try taking my contacts out while drunk and burn the poo poo out of my eyes

e: you're talking about the stuff that you soak your lenses in all night in that weird little film-canister container, right?

Yeah, that stuff. As long as you let them soak for 6 hours then the solution neutralizes. I've cut it a little close a couple times and it has burned a bit, but it's not that bad. Not like the time I took out my last pair of contacts after having handled raw jalapenos earlier in the day, and then put them in the next day to stabbing pain.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

King Vidiot posted:

I actually did the math (and I'm loving bad at math but whatever) and the cost of getting laser eye surgery is like what glasses or even contacts would cost for 50+ years. I don't plan on even living that long so what's the point?

This, if you smoke pot or drink alcohol you're going to get major dry eyes and hanging out with friends in social smoking/drinking situations means you're either going to have to suffer or throw your contacts away. And then you're effectively blind if you're really nearsighted like I am. And for the record, I have two-week disposables right now but I'm planning on making the switch back to glasses.

I wouldn't mind shelling out have my eyes zapped and fixed (I've allegedly got a good eye profile from my eye doctor, and while I'd usually assume the guys just trying to make a pitch he is literally like the Rain man of eye ball doctoring), but the price right now is too much. Honestly, I've considered even getting financing on it if I can and paying it off over a year because I am just sick of contacts/glasses/whatever (obviously). I don't know if you can really say its more economically feasible to not put a lovely piece of plastic on your eyeball everyday to wake up each morning and like, you know, see poo poo normally.

That being said, my rainman eye doctor advised me to switch brands after moving to the mountain west because of the arid conditions, which ironically caused my ultra-moist contacts that worked great in North Carolina to dry out really fast. I legit was having severe issues with my contacts until he gave me a list of 15 reasons why air optics would be better, and I've rarely had an issue since switching. Finding the right kind of contact for an area makes a world of difference apparently, and I'm glad I found this dude to check my eyes every year or so.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Costco has the Acuvue Oasis 2 weeks at 95$ for a year supply, in case anyone is in the market.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I never knew this many people were big baby bitches about contacts, they own

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
except when u make the hot pepper mistake or don't wash ur hands after smoking and take touch them, that sucks but is still better than glasses

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

jackyl posted:

except when u make the hot pepper mistake or don't wash ur hands after smoking and take touch them, that sucks but is still better than glasses

What if you're ugly and need to hide your hideous mug behind a large pair of glasses?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

jackyl posted:

I never knew this many people were big baby bitches about contacts, they own

I wear glasses because I take them off to use the computer and I have a job that takes place entirely in front of a computer.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

RocktheCaulk posted:

I wouldn't mind shelling out have my eyes zapped and fixed (I've allegedly got a good eye profile from my eye doctor, and while I'd usually assume the guys just trying to make a pitch he is literally like the Rain man of eye ball doctoring), but the price right now is too much. Honestly, I've considered even getting financing on it if I can and paying it off over a year because I am just sick of contacts/glasses/whatever (obviously). I don't know if you can really say its more economically feasible to not put a lovely piece of plastic on your eyeball everyday to wake up each morning and like, you know, see poo poo normally.

That being said, my rainman eye doctor advised me to switch brands after moving to the mountain west because of the arid conditions, which ironically caused my ultra-moist contacts that worked great in North Carolina to dry out really fast. I legit was having severe issues with my contacts until he gave me a list of 15 reasons why air optics would be better, and I've rarely had an issue since switching. Finding the right kind of contact for an area makes a world of difference apparently, and I'm glad I found this dude to check my eyes every year or so.

Those are the silicone hydrogel ones, right?

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RocktheCaulk posted:

Zenni Optical sucks rear end. I don't care now that I've used them that I might save a whole 20 bucks off of a Wal Mart price, they have awful tech support from god knows where (I get responses to my e-mails sent at 3-4 MST and about 3-4 AM MST), but when I send back the glasses I bought that made me go cross eyed I can't even get free shipping back? Dumbass or not for ignoring the fine print on return policies, when you get an e-mail back saying "LOL SORRY WE hosed YOUR GLASSES UP AFTER VERIFICATION, WE ACTUALLY SENT YOU ONES MEANT FOR MR loving MAGOO" in broken English and then tells you to "kindly please do understand now of why you can not get shipping refunded or the expedited of the shipping back to your home unit", well then I start to realize they are probably raiding donated boxes of glasses from Lenscrafter and saying 'gently caress it close enough!' and shipping them off to dumb millennials like me.

Basically what else is there to say besides anyone here who might work at Zenni Optical - SUCK MY DICK YOU FUCKMEN!

Anymore terrible tales of online eyeglass betrayal?

Zenni Optical owns.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

didn't read the thread but have you tried not having retarded eyes

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

didn't read the thread but have you tried not having retarded eyes

if his eyes were no longer retarded, he would be able to perfectly see his terrible opinions

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Lol.... Just naturally have 20/17 and 20/15 vision. No need for glasses then.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Cnut the Great posted:

Those are the silicone hydrogel ones, right?

The ones I used our easy were, they were acuview oasis ultra moists or something similar. When I went out West they had issues with be dry air because they have a ton of pores on them that would just let the moistness evaporate out.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I have just received my Zenni glasses, and the prescription is flip flopped for each eye. If I wear my glasses upside down, everything is fine.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I have just received my Zenni glasses, and the prescription is flip flopped for each eye. If I wear my glasses upside down, everything is fine.

every goon is charlie brown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leverite where
Nov 18, 2007

my peripheral vision is excellent

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Next time, choose some Harry Potter-style round frames so that you can switch your lenses depending on how your prescription feels each day

• Locked thread