Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000
Lock up your microwaves... SwearingScience is here!
Eliminator is back for its 13th season! Welcome back emails have just gone out! And I managed to have it say 2015 instead of 2016. Oh well.

What is eliminator?
A free game I've been running in SAS/TFF since 2004. It contains survival mode, pick'em, reverse and spread variants, and has a fake money betting mode called funbuck that allows spread, moneyline, over/under, and parlay betting. Why aren't you playing it?

Important Links:

Pick your teams!

Games
-Eliminator
-Reverse Eliminator
-Spread Eliminator (bet against the spread)
-Reverse Spread Eliminator (because why not)
-Pickem
-Reverse Pickem
-Spread Pickem
-Reverse Spread Pickem (also because why not)

We've also got group support! Group owners can set their groups to be public/private, control the game types that are allowed, and email invitations to users.

There are leaderboards for every game type and every group, so there have never been more chances to show how bad you are at picking NFL games!

2015 Recap
It was a fun year, but I don't have time to compose a recap. Invent your own narrative!

Eliminator Standings

Funbuck Standings
2015 Postseason
2015 Regular Season
2014 Regular Season
2013 Regular Season
2013 Postseason
2012 Regular Season
2012 Postseason

Worst Bloodbaths Ever!
2004 Week 9
First year of eliminator and very few bets, but the Giants and Chiefs went down and when the smoke cleared only 25% of players were still standing.

2005 Week 1
The game that made me swear off Rams bets forever. 4 complete seasons since and not once have I bet on that cursed team.

2006 Week 7
Cards and Jags combined to break the hearts of well over 100 people. 29.76% remained.

2007 Week 10
Damned Saints! This was the year the Saints had suddenly become good. Unfortunately the ghost of Archie Manning put a hex on the team and they went down, taking 76 brave souls with them. (The hex was made more powerful by Archie not being dead.) 27.86% survived.

2010 Week 16
The latest mass elimination in the history of the game. 6 of the top 8 teams (ordered by # of bets) went down in flames and only 20.9% survived.

2013 Week 10
Jaguars beat Titans. Whoops. 15.49% made it through.

Past Eliminator Threads
Season 12
Season 11
Season 10
Season 9
Season 9 Postseason
Season 8
Season 7
Season 6
Season 5
Season 4
Season 3
Season 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Week 2 of last season was quite a bloodbath as well, most of the guys in my group (including myself) had the Saints at home over Tampa.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Got the email, am excited about the new season.

I havent followed teams through the pre-season, so I want the safest eliminator choice. Seattle Week 1, correct?

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

Madcosby posted:

I havent followed teams through the pre-season, so I want the safest eliminator choice. Seattle Week 1, correct?

That's who I took as well, always play it safe on week 1, the shitebag that I am.

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000

El Patron posted:

Week 2 of last season was quite a bloodbath as well, most of the guys in my group (including myself) had the Saints at home over Tampa.

https://saseliminator.com/bet/view/eliminator/2015/user/REG/2/public/h/reg

12.3%. "Out of 439 completed bets, 54 are correct". drat.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I love Eliminator. It's good! Everyone please play!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Madcosby posted:

:same:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Yay Eliminator!

Now the question is...who's gonna run 1KOB this year?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

texans over bears is the good poo poo. the shite. poo poo me

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Some dude has managed to pick the colts twice in my group.

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000
Fixed. If I wasn't so lazy I'd fix that race condition considering it's been present for 4 years now. But I am lazy.

Also it turns out I forgot to turn on the cronjob for funbuck line updates until just now.

Reminder emails should go out tomorrow!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Cool guys with two-digit userids checking in. :cool:

Thanks for continuing running this Rura - always makes for a good time.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
doop doop doop doooooo

doop doop doop deep doop dee doooooooo

In for Eliminator, Reverse Eliminator, and Beat the Spread. :munch:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cavauro posted:

texans over bears is the good poo poo. the shite. poo poo me

If you're not pickin' Titans over Vikings then I don't know what to tell you, son

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

saving the titans pick for green bay

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lets go the Browns bitch

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Best eliminator pick this week has to be Seattle right? Like, there's no way they lose at home to the Dolphins at home...right?

:ohdear:

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

axeil posted:

Best eliminator pick this week has to be Seattle right? Like, there's no way they lose at home to the Dolphins at home...right?

:ohdear:

I think its the best pick but week 1 is always so scary because what if ryan tannehill turned into dan marino during the offseason.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
Week 1 you need to hang some onions fellahs.

If you guess wrong, well gently caress it, try to pick losers for the rest of the season.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Seahawks easy

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Giving this one a try, always saw this game being run and thought it sounded fun. Way harder to find the team you think will win week 16 in some shitbag division. Actually, are the bets locked in before the week, or all 17 at the start of the season?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Magnetic North posted:

Giving this one a try, always saw this game being run and thought it sounded fun. Way harder to find the team you think will win week 16 in some shitbag division. Actually, are the bets locked in before the week, or all 17 at the start of the season?

Start of the week. Although there's nothing stopping you from trying to do the ultimate and pick all 17 in Week 0. Don't think anyone has ever done that and succeeded.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This should be fun!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Hellyeah I'm going to be terrible.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I am a dumb Brit so if I get past week 1 I'll be amazed. Should be fun though!

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

gently caress yeah I finally am on time to play this year. I also have no idea what half the stuff means so I clicked randomly.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Seahawks all the way.

Because they are going to win, and if they dont, it will be loving hilarious and we all win anyway.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

A Seahawks/Dolphins bloodbath in Week 1 would be incredible.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FIRST TIME posted:

A Seahawks/Dolphins bloodbath in Week 1 would be incredible.

Last year didn't >90% of us go down in week 2?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

axeil posted:

Last year didn't >90% of us go down in week 2?

I bet against the Browns, if I remember correctly.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
Anyone running or know of any real money pay leagues for this that aren't too late to join? Feel free to PM me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well, that ended quickly. drat it Carolina.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
0-3 start in pick'em, great job Panthers.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Voodoo posted:

2-0 start in pickem and a win with under 42.5 I love u gano

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Holy gently caress, I can't believe I survived a bloodbath. How good it feels to be one of the 12.3%.

Sadly I blew it two weeks later by taking Oakland, who lost 20-22 to da Bears

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
For those like me who don't want all their eliminator eggs in one basket, the Patriots are a decent pick for reverse. Dolphins should be big underdogs multiple times this year, but not the Pats.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Ditch posted:

For those like me who don't want all their eliminator eggs in one basket, the Patriots are a decent pick for reverse. Dolphins should be big underdogs multiple times this year, but not the Pats.

I was gonna do this as well, but I just couldn't bring myself to bet against them. I think they're gonna lose, but I also don't want to be out week one because I counted out Touchdown Tom Gridiron Garofalo.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Magnetic North posted:

Gridiron Garofalo.

holy fuckin poo poo as soon as the playoffs roll around and my toxx mandated 1yr with this username is up, i think i know what my next one is going to be

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Voodoo posted:

You fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Magnetic North posted:

I was gonna do this as well, but I just couldn't bring myself to bet against them. I think they're gonna lose, but I also don't want to be out week one because I counted out Touchdown Tom Gridiron Garofalo.

I counted out Gridiron Garofalo. :colbert:

Let's see how it goes.

• Locked thread