Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

There is a goon discord, but the atlas community discord is good too.

Not sure about the head start, but i'd bet all founders packages get the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

SoftNum posted:

This game is awesome, I'm having a blast even though I'm pretty bad. I think a good comparison is Frozen Synapse as far a the gameplay goes, then Dota teamfights mixed in.

TenjouUtena#1907 is me if anyone wants to add.

Is there a goon Discord yet?

Edit: Does any founders package get the head start days or is it only the expensive ones?

yes there is! We have a chat channel and a voice channel devoted to the game, but the Atlas Reactor discord server is also very active. when I stream, I do tend to post in both when I can.

I believe anyone who buys a package also gets to keep the game as a full account after launch, I don't know if that's clear on steam or whatever.

I'm also a member of Trion's creator program so drop by my streams so I can give away Citadel skins for Grey. I'm not allowed to hand them out, I have to raffle them, but that's not so bad because I have so many.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I also had a lot of fun with this game in the last open beta/alpha whatever it was. Seems like the monetization side of things took some time to nail down and thats what kept me away.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Game is pretty rad. I just wish i had played in alpha so I could have gotten the exclusive titles. I hate missing stuff like that.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

fadam posted:

Game is pretty rad. I just wish i had played in alpha so I could have gotten the exclusive titles. I hate missing stuff like that.

I never thought I would be the type of gamer who would be into things like that but after playing atlas reactor, it turns out that I totally am. I like to rock my creator title, or occasionally my tournament player title.

We could all have tournament player titles. Hit up the atlas reactor room in the goon discord if you happen to be interested in League play.

Edit: competency not required.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

This game is rad as gently caress and I hope it doesn't go unnoticed just because of some of the recent crap with Trion (archeage comes to mind). It's legit good and fun. Gameplay aside, I dig the art and sound direction. It's just a generally pleasant game to take in. And I have yet to get frustrated with it. Whenever something goes wrong, my reaction is usually, 'dang, wish I'd thought of that!' and not upset.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Tsurupettan posted:

This game is rad as gently caress and I hope it doesn't go unnoticed just because of some of the recent crap with Trion (archeage comes to mind). It's legit good and fun. Gameplay aside, I dig the art and sound direction. It's just a generally pleasant game to take in. And I have yet to get frustrated with it. Whenever something goes wrong, my reaction is usually, 'dang, wish I'd thought of that!' and not upset.

:agreed: Whenever I have a bad game, I can trace it back to somewhere where I hosed up, unlike some games where luck plays a big factor. They revealed a new freelancer on stream today that is a firepower/frontline kind of hybrid, should be interesting to play.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

:agreed: Whenever I have a bad game, I can trace it back to somewhere where I hosed up, unlike some games where luck plays a big factor. They revealed a new freelancer on stream today that is a firepower/frontline kind of hybrid, should be interesting to play.

that's one of the top reasons I love this game, it's a lot easier to learn from your mistakes. Also I've noticed a lot of characters tend to be dual purpose. Pup is kind of a frontline/firepower, while rampart is more of a support/firepower.

also solo/duo ranked mode is open for the rest of the beta :getin:

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

we get it, you're too busy fellating Gabe to put yourself into someone else's shoes
Rampart feels utterly broken to play if you can correctly predict what's going to happen. Two abilities to grant total deflection of direct damage is bonkers. Multiple rounds of possibly multiple instances of damage just not going through is so so good.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

feedtheid posted:

Rampart feels utterly broken to play if you can correctly predict what's going to happen. Two abilities to grant total deflection of direct damage is bonkers. Multiple rounds of possibly multiple instances of damage just not going through is so so good.

Yeah a really well played Rampart or Oz can completely swing a game, which is probably why rampart has been banned in the ranked matches I have done.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

feedtheid posted:

Rampart feels utterly broken to play if you can correctly predict what's going to happen.

That's kind of a big if, which is the appeal of the game in a nutshell. He was the first freelancer I took to level 20, and I still feel like I have no idea how to play him properly sometimes.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Thoughts:

I tried to log in, to get an indefinite load screen. Turns out the beta had been closed, and this wasn't reflected anywhere in the launcher.

I shouldn't have to go to Discord and find @kiwi's contradictory posts to know what the hell is going on.

Mod tokens suck, and if they aren't getting taken out completely it's going to affect if I buy the game. That talent gating wasn't ok in HOTS and it's not okay here.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It's right there on the launcher when I launch it :confused:

As for mod tokens, i know they were reducing the levels you received them at, but I always had a ton more than i needed so never worried about it.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

It's right there on the launcher when I launch it :confused:

As for mod tokens, i know they were reducing the levels you received them at, but I always had a ton more than i needed so never worried about it.

I guess mine didn't refresh or something, it's there now, but it was really irritating. I feel like there's a lack of proper communication channels, and important info is disseminated via the discord server of all things.

Re: Mod tokens, I haven't ever gotten into a spot where I needed one and didn't have one, but it's very mathematically possible with how they're currently distributed.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
I think they're a relic from the way in-game economy worked under the old system. They don't make much sense nowadays.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Lichtenstein posted:

I think they're a relic from the way in-game economy worked under the old system. They don't make much sense nowadays.

Deviant posted:

Thoughts:

I tried to log in, to get an indefinite load screen. Turns out the beta had been closed, and this wasn't reflected anywhere in the launcher.

I shouldn't have to go to Discord and find @kiwi's contradictory posts to know what the hell is going on.

Mod tokens suck, and if they aren't getting taken out completely it's going to affect if I buy the game. That talent gating wasn't ok in HOTS and it's not okay here.

The game is in beta, which is not obviously apparent given the relative lack of bugs compared to other games in development. That said, I do believe mod tokens are being given a hard look as to whether they will be implemented in the release. You aren't the first person to recommend they be taken out completely, so you can bet that Trion is considering whether or not they have a place in the game anymore.

I'll be presenting at TwitchCon this year and many of the developers and I have plans to hang out. If you guys have any questions or concerns (other than the mod token issue), let me know and I will bring it up to them.

If anyone here has played the beta, and is considering buying the game during Headstart, they should do so as it will be :10bux: cheaper.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Thoughts on the new map?

Thoughts on Juno?

Thoughts on the mod tweaks?

Any good streams?

Too busy playing to talk about it?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

slut chan posted:

Thoughts on the new map?

Thoughts on Juno?

Thoughts on the mod tweaks?

Any good streams?

Too busy playing to talk about it?

It's fun

Her prep anti-dash skill is overpowered imho, otherwise she is fine

Gommel's stream is cool, i've yet to find any others that didn't irritate me in some way.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

It's fun

Her prep anti-dash skill is overpowered imho, otherwise she is fine

Gommel's stream is cool, i've yet to find any others that didn't irritate me in some way.

I've only played it in Custom games. I've played enough PVP matches to be level 11, and I haven't landed on Reactor Core once, stangely. Anyone else experiencing this?

What is so OP about June's move? Seems comparable to Tidus's dagger in effect, only easier to not activate if you're someone who doesn't dodge very far anyways.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

slut chan posted:

I've only played it in Custom games. I've played enough PVP matches to be level 11, and I haven't landed on Reactor Core once, stangely. Anyone else experiencing this?

there's a new map? i literally had no idea.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Yeah, it launches with, uhm, the launch of the game.

[edit] That is, will launch in 15 minutes from now.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Strange that it was available from custom, but not in pvp rotation. I've since played the map in PVP. The maps seem so unassuming, almost bland, at first, but once you get into this game they are very specific in how they play out.

Also, according to the launch day hype post, we've got a lot more new characters coming our way fairly quickly, including one on the 18th of this month if I read that right.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah Friday's live stream will reveal the new freelancer, and might show off some of the halloween skins, this is what the quark skin looks like

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah Friday's live stream will reveal the new freelancer, and might show off some of the halloween skins, this is what the quark skin looks like

Sombra?!

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Su-Ren, the melee support, is coming with the new patch. i'd post more but i'm on my phone

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Can get a code here for a pup skin and 6 loot matrixes.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Thanks goon. I haven't gotten around to playing PuP yet, but that skin is slick, and you can never have too many loot boxes.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
Kross#8833
:whatup:
I've been playing this over the past few days, having a lot of fun. Single character turn-based online squad combat is something I've wanted for a while.

The mod unlocks are a little annoying, but it helps scratch that progression itch and make me think about what's worth getting first while I'm learning the game.

Or at least that's what I'd tell myself if they didn't come in packs of 5, which is enough to unlock the entirety of a character's mods when you're ready to try a new one...

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

FairyNuff#5602

I've been playing on and off since early access and I really am enjoying it.

Dr Finn is objectively the best for his puns, but Helio is also good for using his stupid echo hammer taunt.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
I too rate characters based on their puns.

Metaloaf#3734

Been playing since just before headstart, and play a minimum of two matches daily. Looking to get some of that sweet group xp and roll over pubbies with a premade.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Game is surprisingly not poo poo

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Helio is legit an amazing freelancer, the amount of shielding you can put out is super useful. Your damage can be ok with the mod to make the ult last 3 turns when used on the right allies.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I saw a stream of this game and it looked good so I decided to check it out. I was on mumble with two of mybuddies and mentioned it, so we all downloaded it right then and there to try it out.

It wasn't until we attempted to run the game that we discovered the separate launcher which required it's own registration via email. An audible groan emitted from all three of us. We attempted to go further, but one of us (me) got stuck on authentication. I received the authentication email, clicked the link, entered a verification code, but the game launcher refused to accept the same email/pass that was being accepted on the website, saying I still needed to authenticate.

The game was summarily dumpstered with no objections and we didn't look back. Welp that's my story.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

Chomp8645 posted:

game was summarily dumpstered with no objections and we didn't look back. Welp that's my story.

Try again, the launcher is mainly for more timely patching, and auth systems break randomly. It's obnoxious, but the game is otherwise worth it. I've been pleasantly surprised at how stable the game's been so far, and even runs well on my non-gaming-vid-card laptop.

RubberBands Hurt fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 11, 2016

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
I'm really enjoying this, it's the first game since Rocket League that's made me consider never going back to LoL. I wish there was a settings toggle to make ally commands more obvious, though, the white-arrow-on-white-tiles kind of sucks.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Bubble-T posted:

I'm really enjoying this, it's the first game since Rocket League that's made me consider never going back to LoL. I wish there was a settings toggle to make ally commands more obvious, though, the white-arrow-on-white-tiles kind of sucks.

if you hold the alt key while clicking on an enemy character (or anything else) it pulls up a reticule with four different "advanced pings" that also throw an announcement into team chat.

I will be updating the OP soon. It's on my list of things to write about today.

also if you want to catch me streaming it, I raffle citadel skins whenever I lose matches. i'll be on 4:30 PM EST Tuesdays on the regular: twitch.tv/accessiblegamer

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Is it just me, or is Reactor Core a poo poo map for Grey?

Also, DC'd a match, and was still able to go 5:0:3. [/brag]

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah I haven't done all that well on reactor core with the sneaky firepowers, too exposed.

Looks like they have added a recruit a friend for the game, so if anyone wants to try this out, can click mine. The rewards for me are kinda meh, but you get a 7 day full access pass.

Orv
May 4, 2011
This is a drat fine video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Had some good matches with fellow goons earlier this week. I mean we did bad but with a coherent team it was much more tense.

• Locked thread