Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
scary thing
Skeleton
Jon Pop
Nutshack
How It's Made TV Show
View Results

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm glad I wasn't the only one! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellic
Apr 28, 2009

I never asked for this

Grimey Drawer

There was some crasy goodass craftsmanship put into ghost and creature design back in the day.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I was a teenager but still, this scene really horrified me. Still hard to watch, honestly.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
albino people

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

why are alien so gay

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B143y-h76g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtKOPF0NyHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJoPNBEdduk

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 3, 2016

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
I used to be really scared of the cover to "Night of the Living Dummy" and really anything that was deep in the uncanny valley:

But nowadays i'm more afraid of this

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
his name is slappy

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
black people

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009
Those bronze baby shoes.
Our neighbors had a child who died in infancy, and they kept a pair of bronzed shoes as a little shrine. After that whenever I saw a pair I thought it meant another baby had died.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Elevators. Invisible bears. Daddy's drunken rage.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Beelerzebub posted:

Dodongo's Cavern in Ocarina of Time scared the living poo poo out of me as a small child.

Everything in ocarina of time scared me when I was a kid

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
every god drat time we went to the video store by my grandmas house, this was hanging there to freak me out:

They'll get you in the end!

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
That reminds me

This fucker also terrified me as a child.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Escalators.

For a few years as a kid I was a tremendous pain in the rear end and we had to find elevators or stairs because of it.
my sister's 16 and terrified of going on elevators because she was trapped in one for like 30 minutes with she was 7

it was on the first floor

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Escalators.

For a few years as a kid I was a tremendous pain in the rear end and we had to find elevators or stairs because of it.

https://youtu.be/RcpjOIH7bG4

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO5wryDdEI0

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

World peace.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
canadians and nazis and russians

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
handicapped people

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Luvcow posted:

canadians and nazis and russians

boo

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
ominous clowns in vans

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
rabid raccoons that scream at night when you're home alone as a kid in your back woods and sound like people dying

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

oh not you of course, I'm so embarrassed

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
some day I'll scare someone that's not a woman walking down the same street in front of me at night

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Buckets posted:

That reminds me

This fucker also terrified me as a child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2q8tGqnOYo

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
I had trouble sleeping once when I was like 8, and I guess my dad was too because he was sitting on the couch watching Psycho. Norman Bates's creepy-rear end smile gave me nightmares for the next few years.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

The one Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode with the 3d animation. Specifically the part where he gets sucked into the black hole. I think the uncanny valley nature of the 3d animation combined with the concept of an alternate dimension was a lot for my 6-year old brain to handle.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The bug in the ear thing in Star Trek II- The Wrath of Khan after seeing it in the theater with my parents at around 8yo. As an avid motorcyclist, I still have an irrational fear of bugs/spiders in my ears when putting my helmet on.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

gently caress this motherfucker right here, and all the nightmares he gave me:

Ugh. Same here. I researched that episode to see if he's still creepy and I guess my fear is baked in :cry:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

zoink2000 posted:

every god drat time we went to the video store by my grandmas house, this was hanging there to freak me out:

They'll get you in the end!

this is my favorite post

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
deaf people

crackton
May 9, 2009

This bitch witch had me hiding behind the couch until her scene was over. She then appeared in my dreams for years, her coming would be heralded by a massive sense of panic and a countdown. In order to stop her from taking over the rest of my dream, I had to run down the stairs before the countdown reached zero.

So many nights, so many countdowns, so many stairs. :ohdear:

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
For the longest time I thought anyone could do the Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom heart removal by pushing a few fingers into someones chest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk2E1CoGe98

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Sid Vicious posted:

some day I'll scare someone that's not a woman walking down the same street in front of me at night

no! i'm sure you could kill me with like a bat or a gun or a chainsaw or something, i wasn't saying you're not scary, like maybe if you lured me into a restaurant and then pushed me into a hobart dough mixer or something that would be terrifying

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Luvcow posted:

no! i'm sure you could kill me with like a bat or a gun or a chainsaw or something, i wasn't saying you're not scary, like maybe if you lured me into a restaurant and then pushed me into a hobart dough mixer or something that would be terrifying

hahaha I have a brilliant plan

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

my man this scene is the reason i came into this thread. i think the idea of being trapped in a cartoon hell and then being eaten by a cartoon dinosaur was somehow scarier to me as a kid. actually this scene still fucks me up a little

i remember there being a lot more cartoon blood though

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Oh another thing! Nickelodeon had a show apparently called And Now This back in the late 90's that had a segment where a man in a suit had his head replaced with a horrifying rat puppet. I can't find any screen shots or videos of it but I'm apparently not the only person who saw it because I found this drawing.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
Cat's Eye troll scene. It's about a little troll that pops out of the wall while your sleeping and steals your breath/life. I saw it when I was 8 and that was the only movie that ever scared me.

http://dai.ly/x7h66t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
those lil dolls bitin the crap out of Jane fonda in barbarella

• Locked thread