Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
scary thing
Skeleton
Jon Pop
Nutshack
How It's Made TV Show
View Results

• Locked thread
theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzxPIW5RrsY&t=80s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree
creepshow crate monster was the reason i didn't hang my arms or legs off of my bed between ages 6 and 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA2Ga4g5e4A

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Denim Dude posted:

creepshow crate monster was the reason i didn't hang my arms or legs off of my bed between ages 6 and 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA2Ga4g5e4A

aw hell yeah creepshow. man, my dad let me watch some hosed up poo poo when i was little.
:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-VdBmrTxDk&t=1140s:nws:

and tales from the dark side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCaoN2Bt1YU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
The sounds of an orchestra warming up.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Putty posted:

RETURN THE SLAB

I came here to post this, but op beat me to it!

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I live inside of a cemetery when I was a kid. Wached the remake of Night of the Living dead when I was 13. Hugged the poo poo out of my dog that night

how does one live inside a cemetery?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That Robot posted:

how does one live inside a cemetery?

Don't ghoul shame.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Three-Phase posted:

Mind the Walrus - have you ever considered making a "Video Nasties" (cheesy graphic horror movies from the late 70s to early 90s) thread?

Nah I got it out of my system and any OP there would just be a copy/paste from here.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I've tried to no avail to find this online, but when I was a kid, there was this anti-AIDS PSA that would air during saturday morning cartoons that would freak me the hell out. It was all vasoline cam style, and would completely slut-shame this one girl as the main character. She's at a dance and keeps switching partners while the narrator talks about what a dangerous lifestyle she led. The dancing gets jerkier and more distressing, til the last partner turns around with her and the camera zooms in on him revealing he's DEATH!!! It sounds hokey now, but it was right up there with that drug dealer that turns into a snakeman one.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

mind the walrus posted:

Nah I got it out of my system and any OP there would just be a copy/paste from here.

I remember as a kid walking through the video store stating in wonder at the VHS tapes of movies like "Frankenhooker" and "The Driller Killer".

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Oh poo poo I forgot about this motherfucker

Are You Afraid of the Dark was generally a pretty corny show but this episode was horrifying

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Necc0 posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about this motherfucker

Are You Afraid of the Dark was generally a pretty corny show but this episode was horrifying
you and JonTron both

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
When I was a kid me and my sister used to share computer games. The old Nancy Drew games on PC had so many ways to brutally injure or kill poor Nancy from falling through floors or getting hit by a Rollercoaster.

Also a lot of people are scared of the ReDeads from Ocarina of Time but the ones from Wind Waker made me shut my console off and stop playign for months.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
That episode of Sesame Street where Bob hosed Grover.

skellycakes
Dec 2, 2005

mediocre!
After watching Tremors as a 7 year old kid, I became (quietly, of course) hysterical whenever anyone made any loud noises for fear those worm monsters would come find us. We lived in a very populated non-desert suburb of Houston.

I'm sure this contributed to my parents not letting me watch PG-13 movies until I was 17 with my own car, where they decided they couldn't stop me anyway.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

aw hell yeah creepshow. man, my dad let me watch some hosed up poo poo when i was little.
:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-VdBmrTxDk&t=1140s:nws:

This! This one's always stuck with me, and even holds up as an adult.

Creepy loving poo poo indeed.

skellycakes posted:

After watching Tremors as a 7 year old kid, I became (quietly, of course) hysterical whenever anyone made any loud noises for fear those worm monsters would come find us. We lived in a very populated non-desert suburb of Houston.

This is gfs fave movie and she positively cackled when I told her this.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

genesplicer posted:

but the worst memory was my clown doll. It was large, and my mom put it in the chair right next to my door (This was when I was about 8 or 9). I was terrified of that drat thing. I imagined that it would come to life in the dead of night, scamper to my bed, and kill me in my sleep. I eventually managed to damage it enough that mom got decided it couldn't be repaired any longer and finally got rid of it. When I saw Poltergeist, all that came flooding back.

Very interesting.....

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I played through the second half of EarthBound without sound on because stuff like the cave music, the creepy jingle that plays when you investigate odd things and the tune that announced Pokey's presence/somebody being kidnapped all freaked the hell out of me. In my second playthrough, I found out playing with the sound off was a terrible mistake.

Doom 2's Icon of Sin level also freaked me out a lot. The wall of faces, the music, the backmasked introduction to the boss - they were all pretty scary to a nine-year-old.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
[alien trailer?] This trailer played before back to the future 2 or some poo poo.

e: goddamnit where's the trailer where the alien all sticks his seond-mouth out real slow while ripley is whimpering

theres a will theres moe fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 5, 2016

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

gently caress this motherfucker right here, and all the nightmares he gave me:

I know this is from page 1 but holy poo poo this thing scared the crap out of me as a kid. All I could remember of this show was that it had a creepy purple dude in it who scared kids. I had no idea what it was called or even what it was about so I couldn't google it and had basically convinced myself I had imagined it. Now thanks to forums user Oldrocket_27 I know that I did not imagine it and it was very real.

So thanks for reminding me of a traumatic childhood experience I guess :shrug:

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Ernest scared stupid

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013
Nuclear war.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The furry carwash! When I was five or six, we had one of those carwashes near us that had the big, fleecy rollers that would go over the hood and across the windows. My mom and teenage sister convinced me it was a monster that was trying to get into the car. I knew on some level it wasn't true, but in the back of my mind there was an if.

The other was It, which I saw when I was two. That seems inappropriate, but I loved horror movies and being scared. I remember seeing Alien 3 in theaters when I was four because I loved the first two, insisting my mom watch our VHS copy of Return of the Living Dead with me when I was five, hiding under my dad's chair while watching The Innocents at six (when I was the one to put it on), things like that. For some very weird reason, It in particular was the only one to scare the absolute poo poo out of me. Didn't stop me from watching it over and over, but the terror lasted for DAYS.

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EXoqJKE6Eg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T4BnNq5rsY

So whimsical, bravo Disney!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Orange Cat posted:

Nuclear war.

Same.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

The theme music from Unsolved Mysteries.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Carl Seitan posted:

The theme music from Unsolved Mysteries. X-Files

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Also this loving song.

https://youtu.be/uvgi7P97lu0

drat you Delilah, why you gotta play this creepy song at night when child-me was trying to sleep?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
We were on vacation and were staying at a cabin. "The Godfather" was on. My folks made me go to the bedroom with no TV because they said it was too violent for me. Instead I just heard it through the door, which made it much worse. I was so nervous and scared that I still have never seen it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Have you seen Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, or any Scorsese movie?

If so those are all scarier and gorier than The Godfather.

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

Mustard Snobbery posted:

I know this is from page 1 but holy poo poo this thing scared the crap out of me as a kid. All I could remember of this show was that it had a creepy purple dude in it who scared kids. I had no idea what it was called or even what it was about so I couldn't google it and had basically convinced myself I had imagined it. Now thanks to forums user Oldrocket_27 I know that I did not imagine it and it was very real.

So thanks for reminding me of a traumatic childhood experience I guess :shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j0CjKwhTyU&t=1m50s

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Drad_Bert posted:

Very interesting.....

No. Krusty looks nothing like the clown in Poltergeist. It's gotta be a scary clown, like Pennywise or Poltergeist. Krusty is a good clown, who has small feet, like all good people.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
good people all got small dicks too

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

This loving floating head used to chase me during some of my nightmares.

Not sure why this scared me. I find it kinda great nowadays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_uDrWuLpbw

This scene at 0:51.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHNQQYNn1vM&t=51s

I used to be very scared of seeing burnt people after a particular scene from a movie I never got the name.
Some poor dude catches on fire and there's two fellas trying to stop it with their coats I guess. Then it cuts to a scene where he's in a hospital all hosed up and moaning.

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 5, 2016

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

These fuckers. I'd be watching The Street, and then it would be some wall or something and from space these motherfuckers would show up. gently caress them.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

KiteAuraan posted:

These fuckers. I'd be watching The Street, and then it would be some wall or something and from space these motherfuckers would show up. gently caress them.

mhmm mhmm yip yip yip yip yip

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

Holy poo poo this little creep gave me nightmares when I was a kid. Something about tiny monsters in movies done with puppets/practical effects is really unsettling.

Also this scene from Pet Sematery 2 haunted my dreams as a child:

Just an undead demon dog rocking in a grandma chair watching you sleep, no big whoop

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
White girls and the power they have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

genesplicer posted:

No. Krusty looks nothing like the clown in Poltergeist. It's gotta be a scary clown, like Pennywise or Poltergeist. Krusty is a good clown, who has small feet, like all good people.

not trying to meme it up here but the old episode of the Simpsons where Bart had to sleep in that insane clown bed freaked me out when I was younger:

but later Krusty showed up and taught me that clowns can have positive lasting impact on one's life

• Locked thread