Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Gin posted:

horchata is good but the hibiscus drink is better

That poo poo is gross as hell unless you fill it with sugar at which point just drink horchata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Have to agree that horchata is the most delicious refresco, but the watermelon on a really hot day can be incredible.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

fits my needs posted:

Good for you bro. I still wanna know why would you give up the chance to live like a king in Louisiana, to live in subsidized housing in California instead?

I agree. You and that other guy should move to Louisiana and live like kings there. You get improved QOL, I get two fewer cars in front of me at 5pm.

naem
May 29, 2011

Avoiding posting in this thread because I don't want them to find out

THEM

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Grand Prize Winner posted:

I agree. You and that other guy should move to Louisiana and live like kings there. You get improved QOL, I get two fewer cars in front of me at 5pm.

i take the train

the nice carpeted one not the one w/ hard plastic easily cleaned seats that's filled w/ crazies

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i take the train

the nice carpeted one not the one w/ hard plastic easily cleaned seats that's filled w/ crazies

Which line is that? I only take the blue line abd the green line when I gotta go downtown and they're both kind of identical. Blue line trains are a little rougher. I like how you'll just get dudes openly dealing weed and meth as you pass through watts and compton.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Which line is that? I only take the blue line abd the green line when I gotta go downtown and they're both kind of identical. Blue line trains are a little rougher. I like how you'll just get dudes openly dealing weed and meth as you pass through watts and compton.

caltrain

why they thought that carpeting the aisles was a good idea i will never understand

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I take BART.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

fits my needs posted:

I take BART.

Ha, do you know what it would be called if Fresno had a system like BART?

Do you? It'd, it'd be called the FRESNO Area Rapid Transit. Which could be, it could be abbreviated to FART!

The number of loving times I have heard this joke, I swear to god.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lolling at the bay area how it has a poo poo mass transit system but sky high housing prices.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

etalian posted:

lolling at the bay area how it has a poo poo mass transit system but sky high housing prices.

Hey now. San Jose has a nice light rail that doesn't go anywhere.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
CA mass transit is a complete joke. Easily the worst part of living here.I've lived in LA, SF, and SD and they all sucked.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

CA mass transit is a complete joke. Easily the worst part of living here.I've lived in LA, SF, and SD and they all sucked.

The trolley isn't that bad in San Diego as long as you correctly believe that North County doesn't matter.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

natetimm posted:

The trolley isn't that bad in San Diego as long as you correctly believe that North County doesn't matter.

It only services the coast and doesn't even go to balboa. There's a new buss expressway thing going on in south bay but that's 8 years out. I like the mass transit here, but I live in the perfect area for it, plus I have a car so I only take it when drinking. I imagine it must suck for other people outside of this ideal area.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

At least LA is trying to expand the light rail system.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

etalian posted:

At least LA is trying to expand the light rail system.

i took the subway to the train to the beach a couple weeks ago. was pretty deece.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

Taima posted:

Cool man. You live in Texas so you are allowed to have wrong opinions as far as I'm concerned. Whatever gets you through the day
Must have missed the part where I mentioned that i lived in CA for nearly a decade. I can confidently say that they're essentially the same state by any meaningful measure.

GhostFromTheHellz
Sep 13, 2016

by Smythe

naem posted:

Avoiding posting in this thread because I don't want them to find out

THEM

Those people? They already found out, they are probably very cynical and we are on the front page of the i-net.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

dick wizard posted:

Must have missed the part where I mentioned that i lived in CA for nearly a decade. I can confidently say that they're essentially the same state by any meaningful measure.

Awesome thank you for clarifying, guy who lives in texas and therefore has extremely valid opinions about things, included but not limited to: racism, hating women, Ted KKKruz being an elected official, guns, being homophobic, etc.

Taima fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 14, 2016

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

hey here in sacramento we have a clean, reliable light rail that takes you wherever you need to goahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaaga

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

It only services the coast and doesn't even go to balboa. There's a new buss expressway thing going on in south bay but that's 8 years out. I like the mass transit here, but I live in the perfect area for it, plus I have a car so I only take it when drinking. I imagine it must suck for other people outside of this ideal area.

It goes all the way out to El Cajon along the 8 now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I voted for the super train lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Can't wait for the mother freakin super train!!

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm holding out for the vacuum tube 30 minute LA-SF express. I don't give a poo poo if I can't get up to take a piss.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

the mega train gonna be dope af

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

dick wizard posted:

you cannot truly understand California if your family came here during or after the Gold Rush, TIA

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

im voting to legalize weed in november:2bong::hehe:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

emoji posted:

Some guy in SF almost hit me when I pointed it out.

we need the precious almonds so we keep them around

but the moment that industry is gone its gonna be a depopulated biker hellscape

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like that they're against educated and affluent white collar workers moving in and growing the economy

that's a terrible problem to have just awful

I'm mostly against it because I will probably have to move away from where I've lived all my life just because it's getting too expensive to live here any more. Having rich people move from California really only benefits the rich people moving from California. For the natives all it does is raise the rent.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like that they're against educated and affluent white collar workers moving in and growing the economy

that's a terrible problem to have just awful

So are rents rising 50% in one year and it becoming literally impossible to buy a house because Russian and Chinese investment companies buy up all the inventory with cash

No wait that's great we should all welcome that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
its kinda ridiculous that america just lets foreign non-residents own real estate

• Locked thread