Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Taima posted:

I swear to loving god if I had you dumb asses over for a kale salad you would be agreeing that kale salad is amazing.

News flash: It's not super easy to prepare. It's not like a regular salad. You get something acidic in there like lemon juice, then massage it a bit to make it softer.

Then you put some goat cheese in there, some nuts, some cranberries up in there, you got the best salad in the drat world.

how about you suckle deeze nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

most of the smugness of Californians is how they have a hard time comprehending why people would want to live in other states.

But but the weather and you can always drive to snow.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

etalian posted:

most of the smugness of Californians is how they have a hard time comprehending why people would want to live in other states.

But but the weather and you can always drive to snow.

It isn't smugness. We are flabbergasted by how many people keep streaming into our state and then start bitching about how we don't do things exactly like they do in Texas or New York or whatever. If you don't like it there are many other states you might like to live in. Please go there and stop driving up the rent, TIA.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
I have never met a Californian or a Texan who did not act like a complete rear end in a top hat whenever the state they are from is brought up in casual conversation.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
The Hollywood liberals are walking with a stick up their rear end because they are transplants from the rest of the US and are way to self conscious and totally buy into the disillusioned belief that they got everything from work hard, but they mix in with the guys who have been in California for their whole lives (the liberalist of liberals) and ape our poo poo cuz we're cool and get irony better than anybody else..

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 5, 2016

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

crabcakes66 posted:

I have never met a Californian or a Texan who did not act like a complete rear end in a top hat whenever the state they are from is brought up in casual conversation.

It sounds like you wouldn't like it here very much and also the traffic sucks and the rent is too high. You'd probably like some other state like Maine or Arizona.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grand Prize Winner posted:

It isn't smugness. We are flabbergasted by how many people keep streaming into our state and then start bitching about how we don't do things exactly like they do in Texas or New York or whatever. If you don't like it there are many other states you might like to live in. Please go there and stop driving up the rent, TIA.

typical california smugness.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

If California is so great why do they keep moving to the Northwest... Yankee go home damnit!!!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Jack2142 posted:

If California is so great why do they keep moving to the Northwest... Yankee go home damnit!!!

Cuz all the rich people wanna be close to the beach, so they keep buying properties and driving up rent, and then making laws the keep people out.

If you guys really wanna screw over California, build a bunch of really low low rent apartments, so all the pretentious douchebags get loving mugged.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Smythe posted:

No, he means prop 13. Prop 13 made for a cool landed gentry and owns everyone else big time.

Yo I know I'm late on this one, but it's actually Prop 58 that made the landed gentry.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taima posted:

I swear to loving god if I had you dumb asses over for a kale salad you would be agreeing that kale salad is amazing.

News flash: It's not super easy to prepare. It's not like a regular salad. You get something acidic in there like lemon juice, then massage it a bit to make it softer.

Then you put some goat cheese in there, some nuts, some cranberries up in there, you got the best salad in the drat world.
wow you have to massage leaves definitely not super easy to take some leaves and mush em up a bit with your hands before throwing pre-packaged poo poo up into it hella hard as gently caress

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

I live in California and the problem with it is that anyone from SF/Oakland/San Jose is exactly like this idiot talking about massaging kale.

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

This guy thinks hes a drat genius because he puts goat cheese on a salad

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

the great deceiver posted:

nevada county is all hippies and weed farmers my dude

also yes sac is very good and getting even better. the people who poo poo on it are usually people from the bay/socal who have never actually spent any time there. i am totally ok with that because it means less bay area scumfucks moving here and driving rents up

Yeah. but the rot's setting in - Midtown rents are getting fuckin' nuts, considering there aren't many high-paying Bay Area type jobs. And if you're not in Midtown, Sac's as lovely as any other scorching lovely Central Valley burg.

Well, not Fresno. NOTHING is as bad as Fresno.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

Curb Your Enthusiasm is specifically about rich Hollywood types so while that's a real kind of person they're pretty easy to avoid

e: You can combine it with Arrested Development and Silicon Valley for a kind of makeshift Worst People In California field guide

Throw in the (wannabe) Gwyneth Paltrow types, and this is pretty true for coastal CA. But things get way worse the farther you are from the coast.

And frankly, Arrested Development is a very gentle portrayal of Coto de Caza (where the show essentially takes place). The Bluths are far more compassionate and decent than most of the people there.

e: Coto de Caza is a den of uptight, clumsily botoxed, myopically self-centered Republicans who wear and drive ugly nouveau-riche status symbols, don't tip, and refuse to vaccinate their kids. I'm sure there are nice people there, too. But I never met them.

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 5, 2016

The Gay Bean
Apr 19, 2004

I'm a transplant who doesn't complain vocally about living here. I just came here for a job. Before coming here I was open to the idea of getting more invested in the community and setting down, until I observed how hostile this state is even to its own young people building a future for themselves (never mind outsiders).

So in response to your "if you don't like California, you can git out!" I'll probably take you up on that in a few years after tech salaries start to dry up. Despite whatever horrible stereotypes people on the coast have about my home state, I actually quite like it there, and there everybody doesn't hate me automatically.

P.S. I, too, am completely flabbergasted that when demand for housing goes up while supply is artificially limited by a bunch of NIMBY and FYGM laws, prices go up. Maybe we should cut funding to transit and build more 1-story and 2-story homes.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Coto de Caza and Aliso Viejo are nightmares

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

JnnyThndrs posted:

Yeah. but the rot's setting in - Midtown rents are getting fuckin' nuts, considering there aren't many high-paying Bay Area type jobs. And if you're not in Midtown, Sac's as lovely as any other scorching lovely Central Valley burg.

Well, not Fresno. NOTHING is as bad as Fresno.

yeah i havent lived in midtown for like 5 years, rents are getting nuts.

i dunno man i used to live in bakersfield and i've spent lots of time in stockton and even the lovely parts of sac look like paris next to those places. id take del paso heights over downtown bakersfield any day.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

the great deceiver posted:

yeah i havent lived in midtown for like 5 years, rents are getting nuts.

i dunno man i used to live in bakersfield and i've spent lots of time in stockton and even the lovely parts of sac look like paris next to those places. id take del paso heights over downtown bakersfield any day.

Stockton's like Oakland, it's rep is terrible, but there's a lot of nice places if you know where to look. I'll take your word about Bakersfield, never spent time there..

I live on the edge of DPH and Arcade in Sac and it's pretty sketchy - my street's fine but like three blocks away people getting shot in cars. And South Sac is loving horrific, Fruitvale, Florin, Meadowview.....I worked there, it's as bad as East Oakland.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Stockton loving sucks dude. I took some classes at the community college there when I was in high school and it was a total shithole. Oakland is cool as poo poo.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Anyone catch the sunset a few days ago? Fall sunsets are here baby!!!!!

People not living in CA don't get it but Fall is actually the best season in CA, not summer.

Taima fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Sep 5, 2016

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Taima posted:

Anyone catch the sunset a few days ago? Fall sunsets are here baby!!!!!

People not living in CA don't get it but Fall is actually the best season in CA, not summer.
The sun sets in the west during all 4 seasons you nor cal idiot.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

well?

outside of like 2-3 other states maybe the rest of them suck assholes

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

a dog from hell posted:

Most Americans are surprisingly high-strung behind the bullshit.
ask an american how much they make after you find out what they do and watch them squiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrm

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

It sounds like you wouldn't like it here very much and also the traffic sucks and the rent is too high. You'd probably like some other state like Maine or Arizona.

Case in point. This guy.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

The sun sets in the west during all 4 seasons you nor cal idiot.

You seem mad. I'm not mad. How could I be mad? I live in literal paradise.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just wish Californians would stay in California. I mean yeah sure it's the greatest place on earth and not a shithole at all please please quit moving to my state and stay in your for sure definitely paradise. You have it all figured out so maybe stay there?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Danger Mahoney posted:

I just wish Californians would stay in California. I mean yeah sure it's the greatest place on earth and not a shithole at all please please quit moving to my state and stay in your for sure definitely paradise. You have it all figured out so maybe stay there?

The only ones who leave are the people who are too loving inept and useless to hold a job that allows them to live here. Your state is like the fallback safety school of states for sad sack talent-less losers.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Danger Mahoney posted:

Dude people move from here because they can't afford it here (or like, can't make it work coastal and would rather move somewhere else than inland).

It's actually a huge problem but the point remains that they largely move because they have to

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Whatever I don't care about the reason I just want these stupid limpdick californians out of here. Garbage people from a garbage state.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Danger Mahoney posted:

The state government is one of THE worst in the nation. LA usd education is poo poo. UC system is quite competitive with Ivy League without the legacy bullshit (but replaced with bureaucracy bullshit so...evens out?).

A lot of what makes California awesome is plate tectonics.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Danger Mahoney posted:

Whatever I don't care about the reason I just want these stupid limpdick californians out of here. Garbage people from a garbage state.

Oh please don't throw a tantrum now that you know what's going on

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

The only ones who leave are the people who are too loving inept and useless to hold a job that allows them to live here. Your state is like the fallback safety school of states for sad sack talent-less losers.

Oh please.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

A persuasive argument worthy of your state

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I like Texas.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

California's population growth is still well above the national average I'm sorry you feel your state (and literally every state complains about this) is being invaded but it's just the normal population flow and not some mass exodus so you may as well get used to it.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dogmeat posted:

California's population growth is still well above the national average I'm sorry you feel your state (and literally every state complains about this) is being invaded but it's just the normal population flow and not some mass exodus so you may as well get used to it.

I hope Trump builds a wall between cali and the real world

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Danger Mahoney posted:

I like how you guys are just whining now.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Danger Mahoney posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjINUR5ivkI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Danger Mahoney posted:

So does everyone in California. Then we wouldn't have to give 50% of our state tax dollars to prop up other incompetently run states.

• Locked thread