Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reuters posted:

Send in the clowns! That's what electoral advisors are telling the two presidential hopefuls this season. Online "memes" are cutting edge and their mastery is key to winning over the elusive "millenial" demographic. Clinton name dropped "Pokemon Go" in a recent speech, but bungled it so badly that it became a meme itself. Trump has found some solace in a peculiar green frog named Pepe, who appears on many pro Trump twitters and message boards. Inside sources from both campaigns indicate that the candidates are desperately trying to work memes like "Cucky pizzone" and "le epic winning" into their debate responses, but both candidate are having trouble having it sound natural. Meanwhile each candidate's social media team is making ample use of the "u mad bro?" Troll face meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
:firstpost:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

:eyepop:

One on of the finest first post's I've seen in my 11+ years here. Keep up the good work mdm.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
reuters is the european wire service OP, they don't know poo poo

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
how do you say 'cucky pizzone' in mandarin

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
How about something tasteful? Like this:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Friginator posted:

how do I vote for this guy?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'll vote for whichever candidate is the first to say "suck my dick you fuckman" in the debates

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
online "memes"

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Remember, Chris Brown actually said "Y'all can suck a fart out of my rear end" recently, so it's not crude. It's topical.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nigga crab pollock posted:

how do you say 'cucky pizzone' in mandarin

Not sure but at the rate the Cucky pizzone meme is spreading, we'll soon find out!

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Don't know why they even bother when Gary Johnson has the meme vote sewn up tight:

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
cool unicycling uncle

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
Your election and attempt at democracy is shameful and a blight upon this world.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Can't bust the krust

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Bert Roberge posted:

how do I vote for this guy?

Write in Drad Bert

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

You can't convince me that all these pro Trump Pepe the Frog memes aren't created by liberals who are trolling the ever living poo poo out of the right wing.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

935 posted:

You can't convince me that all these pro Trump Pepe the Frog memes aren't created by liberals who are trolling the ever living poo poo out of the right wing.

is that actually a thing, pro trump pepes?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Indy posted:

Your election and attempt at democracy is shameful and a blight upon this world.

At least we'll still exist as a country in 30 years time.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Surfer Rosa Parks posted:

Don't know why they even bother when Gary Johnson has the meme vote sewn up tight:

ok im sold

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Decebal posted:

At least we'll still exist as a country in 30 years time.

Yeah, that was what the blight part was about.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
im down with the clown if you know what i mean

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
ppl are getting more dumb and incapable of basic verbal communication every year like :wow:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

ppl are getting more dumb and incapable of basic verbal communication every year like :wow:

we're transcending guttural noises for communication and moving in to the visual era of humanity

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Gatekeeper posted:

Yes, but they are rare

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

souunds like a sex thing

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Gatekeeper posted:

Someone needs to learn to internet better.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Surfer Rosa Parks posted:

johnson's p much all about weed so it makes sense that his meme game is strongest

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Gatekeeper posted:

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/05/04/meme-magic-donald-trump-internets-revenge-lazy-entitled-elites/

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Friginator posted:

God bless America

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

935 posted:

trump is the meme and he's really good at trolling the establishment for the largely impotent internet intelligentsia. i think trump is working because he is a better coalition builder than any establishment candidate because he can appeal to spurned leftists as well as paranoid authoritarian radicals

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

dookifex_maximus posted:

internet intelligentsia

holy poo poo this phrase

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
tbh he's the most exciting candidate in US history from an accelerationist standpoint

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

mdm posted:

holy poo poo this phrase

it's true though, most conservatives use gut feelings to come to their conclusions, but the alt-right movement are conscious conservatives. they read history and level the facts and make a conscious decision to be a monarchist, anarcho-capitalist, theocrat what-have-you

that's so much more worrying than reactionary authoritarianism

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
no I just meant the phrase itself not whatever you are spergin about

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

dookifex_maximus posted:

trump is the meme and he's really good at trolling the establishment for the largely impotent internet intelligentsia. i think trump is working because he is a better coalition builder than any establishment candidate because he can appeal to spurned leftists as well as paranoid authoritarian radicals

This pretty much, his entire campaign strategy has been meme-worthy irl shitposting.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

cloofish posted:

This pretty much, his entire campaign strategy has been meme-worthy irl shitposting.

see this is a language I can understand

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
well clearly someones not part of the august association of which i speak :agesilaus:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
An association where people unironically use the term anarcho-capitalism? No thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Dreddout posted:

Write in Drad Bert

B-but, he's a red coat!! One of the Queen's soldiers!

• Locked thread