Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Four new Bocchis!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1034620/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
84 is one of the most perfect chapters of a manga I've ever read, but it only works as an excellent reward for your time invested in this series

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Coaaab posted:

84 is one of the most perfect chapters of a manga I've ever read, but it only works as an excellent reward for your time invested in this series

:yeah:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Someone unfortunate decided to show up in the latest Colors

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whew, she dodged a bullet. the colors would eat aru alive.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If Aru isn't going to take the hit, someone will have to take her place

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
All I Need is Hokusai and Food got picked up.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Cross-post form the Dad Manga thread that I think could be mentioned here too.

Onean posted:

It hasn't really come up here, but the Teasing Master Takagi-san follow-up has always been cute, but this page in particular is really good.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Hiyumi's Country Road

Combination slice of life / food / Nagano prefecture tourism advert.
Only two volumes :qq:

quote:

Hiyumi is an ordinary teenage girl who, when her father told her they were going to move to Nagano prefecture, immediately pictured life in one of the biggest, liveliest centers of Japan.

She never expected for them to move to one of the least populated towns in the area. A town which takes a mile-long walk to get to a single convenience store. A town where you can count the different families on one hand. That type of town.

Anyway, let’s watch Hiyumi experience her new life in the boonies.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

sinky posted:

Hiyumi's Country Road

Combination slice of life / food / Nagano prefecture tourism advert.
please inject it straight into my veins tia

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Are any of those regional specific slice of life manga (e.g. flying witch, yurucamp) actually sponsored by regional tourism boards? I feel like that'd be a pretty chill gig to get as an artist.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I recall Zombieland Saga was actually sponsored by Saga Prefecture. They even put out a jokey press release about their fast repair teams when the stadium collapsed during the finale.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Another travelling manga, Futari Escape, in which a mangaka tries to escape their responsibilities by going places. Also yuri.

Don't doxx every small hometown

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I haven't seen nearly enough recommendations for Jobless Siblings. It takes about 50 chapters to get into a groove, but then it's just pure low-key slice-of-life fun as it introduces more characters and ever-so-slowly adds bits of plot.
And things have actually been happening in the latest chapters. Will it change the status quo? Probably not, which is fine with me.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Baby Proof posted:

I haven't seen nearly enough recommendations for Jobless Siblings. It takes about 50 chapters to get into a groove, but then it's just pure low-key slice-of-life fun as it introduces more characters and ever-so-slowly adds bits of plot.
And things have actually been happening in the latest chapters. Will it change the status quo? Probably not, which is fine with me.

tfw u get another manga rec and reluctantly open a new tab

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Jerkface posted:

tfw u get another manga rec and reluctantly open a new tab
If you create a user on baka-updates, you can use that site to track manga, including which you want to read, which you're reading (and how far you've read), which you've completed, and which you've put on hold or decided to not finish.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Mangadex has all those options, too. They're under the drop-down next to the Bookmark button.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Onean posted:

Mangadex has all those options, too. They're under the drop-down next to the Bookmark button.
Mangadex doesn't have everything baka-updates does, and baka-updates also track manhua, manhwa, and so on.
The best feature is advanced search option which lets you pick out series which've finished being scanlated (not just finished publication).

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, but it has everything you initially mentioned.

Don't get me wrong, Baka-updates is great if you want a better option for tracking and discovering stuff, especially stuff that hasn't been recently updated. But if you don't want to keep track of multiple accounts, Mangadex has useful options itself.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's by the author that wrote and drew Sasameki Koto, but it doesn't have any romance in it, it's just :fluffy:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I would like to amend this by saying, you may not want to read the final chapter of 34-sai Mushokusan that I mentioned above.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you give a warning as vaguely worded as that it kind of does the opposite of warn people away

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Fair point. The better way to put it is that it basically ruins a perfectly good story.
I'm guessing it got axed, but the penultimate chapter works well for an ending, so nothing of value is lost.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Bocchi!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1104834/1

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
She's so close!!!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I really love that the last one left is the girl who was, forever ago, established as "normal girl."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my favorite aru bits are when no one even bothers to tsukkomi

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

A wholesome Bocchi

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1122200/1

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Bocchi the Rock
A bocchi who wants to befriend everyone in class be in a band.

quote:

Gotou Hitori is a high school girl who starting learning to playing the guitar because she dreams of being in a band, but she's so shy that she hasn't made a single friend. However, her dream might come true after she meets Ijichi Nijika, a girl who plays drums and is looking for a new guitarist for her band.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

sinky posted:

Bocchi the Rock
A bocchi who wants to befriend everyone in class be in a band.

I remember this one. Got stuck at chapter 4 at the time.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I was reading one of those (many) slice of life series where the characters just go to a bunch of restaurants and hot springs and talk about how great the food is, and maaan it makes me miss restaurants.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Link it please! We all need the escapism right now...

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Link it please! We all need the escapism right now...
:hmmyes:

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

It's called Suito-to!, here's a link. To be honest I'd rank it like 6 or 7 /10, the story isn't really anything special but I'm always down to read a manga that's essentially 50% restaurant reviews and it is blissfully easy reading about a lot of delicious food. It gets a bonus point for being a slice of life about people in college rather than people in high school. There's a sorta nothing-conflict at the beginning where the protagonist is pretending to like sweets when she actually likes savoury food but it vanishes after a few chapters and the story ends up being visiting restaurants with friends + (mild spoiler) slow-burn gay romance.

If anyone has not yet read them, I can also recommend the classic masterpiece of the 'people going to restaurants' manga genre, Kodoku no Gourmet; and Yurucamp/Laid-Back Camp, which is ostensibly about camping but is like 30% visiting restaurants and 20% cooking camping food.

Red Bones fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 19, 2021

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Bumping for a huge batch of Hitoribocchi chapters to get by in these times.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Holy poo poo, that's EXTREMELY powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Whatever Reddit anon that is, they’re my hero.