Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Sure, that would be more fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Hannibal Rex posted:

The earliest I will be able to play is the 12th or 13th, Static.

Assuming you're in a NA time zone, I'll be available after 6:30 pm Eastern on both of those days so hopefully that works for you? edit: see my later post

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 10, 2016

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
djfooboo, if you're down to join, I have pretty flexible availability. East coast US, so GMT-5. Easiest way to contact me is probably to email me at fuzzmeetup at Google mail.

bestbrents
Dec 2, 2002

Pillbug

Hewlett posted:

bestbrents: Just to let you know, my timezone is CST, and I won't be able to get a game in till the 12th. You can get hold of me via PM or in this thread.

Sent you a pm. Any day that week is fine.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Awesome! I will make a few decks tomorrow.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Tevery Best posted:

Serotonin, I'm in GMT+1 and available most of the time. I'm in the Netrunner Goons Steam group, currently as Coddy Solomon. If you're not in it, you can find me here.

EDIT: also, I'm not sure, so I figure I'd better ask: we can change our decks from game to game, right?

Cool- I wasn't aware there was a Goon group so I will try and catch up with you tomorrow to arrange our game. I'm on GMT.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

1-1 for myself and E.J. Olmos

E.J.Olmos
Jan 1, 2008

berenzen posted:

1-1 for myself and E.J. Olmos

2 kinds of NBN both beat poor Leela Patel

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Hannibal Rex posted:

The earliest I will be able to play is the 12th or 13th, Static.

I lied in my earlier post and won't be available on Monday, but I can make time probably anytime on Tuesday, although after 6:30 eastern still works best for me.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Thanks for the games Jeb Bush 2012! Runners locked it down.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Tevery Best won 2-0. Thanks for the games, they were fun, just sorry I didn't give you much of a game.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
2-0 for me against Serotonin. He got unlucky twice: first my Leela shut his RP down 7-4 with Criminal tricks and some (okay, many.) lucky accesses, then his gimmick Jesminder got paired up against my ETF rush deck and lost 7-4 again due to horribly unlucky draws extending his setup way beyond the point where he could have a fighting chance (although he did do a last turn Maker's Eye into ABT and 2x Director Haas, but did not have the cash for the trashes).

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
1-1 split between me and StashAugustine. Game one his IG went wide against me and I made some dumb trash choices while I had Employee Strike up, but I got him back when I GRNDLed him right in the face and blew him up in game 2.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMaster is the king of playing NEH and just topdecking outs like a champ.

CirclMaster wins 2-0 vs Dr Angela Ziegler, 7-2 as runner, 7-1 as corp.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Game 1 at least had some skill involved. But yeah, my NEH deck just had the Heavenly Hand backed up by topdecking everything I needed (including Sweeps when broke, Exchange of Information when I had Breaking News and GFI in hand, and just enough ice to make HQ taxing).

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Watching your guy's first game was pretty fun, too.

My games: djfooboo wins 2-0

The first game I let an unprotected Breaking News go without checking it, and it was all downhill from there. Today I learned to always be running.

Second game I got agenda flooded (five agendas drawn in a row) and couldn't get any ICE, and he managed to get all of his ICE-destroying programs in hand at the very start to make it a done-deal even if I could have gotten some meager ICE out.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Always be running

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Remember your ABC's. Always Be CRunning.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The Lord of Hats posted:

I made some dumb trash choices

ie not the Sensies. Suffer not the Sensies to live. Good games!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

ie not the Sensies. Suffer not the Sensies to live. Good games!

I couldn't resist the allure of Finding Chairman Hiro :negative:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Chairman Hiro can wait, if you know there's no Ronins on the board, you're safe and you can kill him next turn

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

berenzen posted:

Chairman Hiro can wait, if you know there's no Ronins on the board, you're safe and you can kill him next turn

B-but Hiro-sempai noticed me!!~

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hitting a Hiro in hand and being 1 credit short was pretty funny though

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

berenzen posted:

But I want my 2 points now! :qq:

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Dang it, I missed this too. 2.0 Will be fun, I can't wait!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

For 2.0 I suggest we do league rules. They encourage goofy rear end rogue decks.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

djfooboo posted:

For 2.0 I suggest we do league rules. They encourage goofy rear end rogue decks.

1.1.1.1 is a cool and good format that is definitely not a flash in the pan like Tiny Leaders or M93

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
1-1 for the Destrado/Han Yolo games. My Whiz got to Temujin around in HQ after a nasty mulligan, while Leela made all the money and bounced all my poo poo 'til I was at the point all my outs were in the last four cards of R&D. Fun games.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

djfooboo posted:

My local store's league used to have fun achievements you could go for, and a separate prize pool for most achievements. Stuff like "Win a game with no icebreakers in your deck" for the runner, or "Win a game with no rezzed ice" for corp.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

CirclMastr posted:

My local store's league used to have fun achievements you could go for, and a separate prize pool for most achievements. Stuff like "Win a game with no icebreakers in your deck" for the runner, or "Win a game with no rezzed ice" for corp.

Yeah, mine too. I'll try and dig them up.

EDIT: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6izUZr-EMl3UDBzejd3cVNwc2s/view?usp=sharing

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 14, 2016

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Lump Shaker & I keep missing each other, but I think we're both keen to play. Time zones, work, etc.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Hannibal Rex and I corp split. Their Sunny draw was sadly too slow to really make it a game vs Jinteki shenanigans, but their Blue Sun/my Kate was right down to the wire.

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 15, 2016

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
My Sunny had a pretty ignominious loss against Static Equilibrium's totally sweet Jinteki Biotech, but I managed to get way luckier than I should have with my janky Blue Sun against Kate.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Is it single-elim or can I revenge myself in a later round?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Pretty sure it's all swiss rounds

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Due to some persistent scheduling conflicts, bestbrents PMed me announcing he's dropping out of the tourney. What should the procedure be? Just reporting a 2-0 win? Totally willing to work it however we need to.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Hey everybody, thanks for the turnout for round 1 of Goon League 1.0. This is the first time I've run a Jinteki league, so I beg pardon if there are any complications. a little housekeeping before I post the PAIRINGS.

bestbrents has droppped, and confirmed this with me. For the time being, there is a BYE, but I've reached out to Voodoofly as a possible replacement. I'm scoring Hewlett 4 prestige since the slot is presently occupied by an absent player. If a replacement fills the position, round 1 scores will not change, and the substitute will be joining with 0 prestige.

Also, Shockeh and Lump Shaker's match will be scored as an Intentional Draw as their match was not reported. I sincerely understand that schedules are tight and that getting games in can be difficult, especially with international players, but I ask everyone to understand that five rounds of Swiss pairings are difficult to get through already.

I did not, however, make it clear what constitutes circumstances to score anyone only 1 prestige for unplayed games, and don't believe that anyone had any malice in this lowest-of-stakes event. I don't plan on changing this scoring procedure for the duration of this event, but I do reserve the right to amend this if there should be an issue with scheduling conflicts.

Last, I'll be posting up some Brawl deckbuilding challenge rules in the reserved post soon. Personally, I have some thoughts about "League Achievements" and the like, but this isn't really the most expeditious venue for that discussion.

So, all that out of the way. PAIRINGS!

Player on the left are responsible for contacting opponents, players on the right are responsible for reporting results. Results are due by 11:59 CDT (GMT -5) on Friday, 23 September. You are not required to use the same decks as you used in the last round. If a match is not reported, an Intentional Draw will be scored. If a player is unreachable, or fails to report to a match (and reasonable effort is made) please contact me privately for resolution

ROUND 2 PAIRINGS
code:
01. Tevery Best       vs     Hewlett
02. djfooboo          vs     CirclMastr
03. Stash Augustine   vs     Static Equilibrium 
04. Hannibal Rex      vs     Han Yolo
05. Destrado          vs     E.J. Olmos
06. Jeb Bush 2012     vs     The Lord of Hats
07. Berenzen          vs     Lump Shaker
08. Shockeh           vs     ZorajitZorajit
09. Baron Fuzzlewhack vs     Dr. Angela Ziegler
10. Serotonin         vs     Voodoofly

ZorajitZorajit fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 16, 2016

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Hey voodoofly, what's the best way to contact you?

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Dr. Angela Ziegler, I have pretty flexible availability. East coast US, so GMT-5. Easiest way to contact me is probably to email me at fuzzmeetup at Google mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

What's the best way to contact you, Tevery Best? You can PM me or email me at clintworthington [at] gmail [dot] com.

• Locked thread