Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Jacking In

Jinteki.net Handle: BerenzenSA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah. pretty sure we did

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

1-1 for myself and E.J. Olmos

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Remember your ABC's. Always Be CRunning.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Chairman Hiro can wait, if you know there's no Ronins on the board, you're safe and you can kill him next turn

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Pretty sure it's all swiss rounds

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The Stimhack Slack in the #goons channel

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Apparently butchershop doesn't do so well when you can't find your scorched earths.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Hannibal Rex posted:

Might be a few other reasons, like my deck sucking or me not being a good enough player to defend HQ properly, but not many other criminals keep Emergency Shutdown in their deck these days. Which makes Curtain Wall very sad indeed. A less than great starting hand didn't help either. And when you have to advance your space ice in order to be able to afford rezzing it, Leela will make you cry.

You know what's really fun? Emergency Shutdown on a Oversighted curtain wall. Also, don't advance Space ICE.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Just to keep records straight. I'm 2-2 not 2-1

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I took the games with Voodofly 2-0. He as fisk couldn't stop the advanced Jeeves train, and then I as Leela had a good start vs. Palana and just didn't let up the pressure.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Static Equilibrium posted:

djfooboo and i corp split. my janky patron/temujin/stealth kate deck was just not able to stay rich enough to fight through their ctm (alternatively i'm just bad and haven't figured out how to beat that id without leaning on the whizz...). after that, turn 5 sscg -> breaking new -> scorched nets me a lucky corp victory.

As crim, t1 desperado/networking and decent econ will crush out ctm, because they can't get their asset economy off the ground. Trash order should be political assets>other econ assets. If you can get their board state under control, then start building up your breaker suites, though most of their ICE is pretty leaky and you can safely facecheck into it and still get through. If you can set up a decent breaker suite and femme their tollbooth, you'll crush them. Leela is even better typically. CtM is a tempo ID and score/steal can set them back by a turn or two. There's a video somewhere of a leela deck beating CtM with just a desperado and like 2 turns of a sec testing (also fantastic with CtM).

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Shockeh should be tied for 2nd, by the by.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Tuesday or Thursday nights work. I have class from 5-7 MST, but before or after isn't too bad.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Also selling 12 agenda points to data dealer makes it difficult to win.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Static Equilibrium posted:

i played some games against barenzen and we runner split. i think i ran a little hot with r&d accesses to pull out my runner win, and on the other side of things, networking is pretty good against sync as it turns out (also i got outplayed i'm pretty sure).

Quoting to ensure it got recorded properly.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Destrado and I runner split . I had a bad start to my deck as corp and had my board state controlled by whizzard, was close but he found a yog and d4 to score out the last couple agendas on match point. As leela I got off to a poor start but eventually moneyed up and locked down the central servers. Ended up getting a lucky snipe to bounce back a GFI mid game. Both were really good games.

Overall, I felt that my runner deck was really strong and it showed. I never felt like I was ever in a position to lose. I went 4-1 with leela against a variety of corps. I felt like Beth was an mvp in every game I played. Pure tempo gain in a deck that's about harming the corp's tempo is very strong.

Corp side wasn't great, going 2-2 and 0-1 with the kill deck. Most of the losses were mostly because the engine got controlled quick due to temujin/whizzard. I like the style of Russian NEH, but I think people know how to play against it now, so I'm likely going to have to find a different corp deck to play.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 13, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Thanks for running it Zorajit

As for my runner deck that I played, the most recent iteration of it is Here

My old deck ran an extra Beth and turning wheel and one less desperado. Deck went 5-1 and you put so much pressure on various centrals that it puts people on a heavy tilt. Feels good when they have no remote servers, no remote servers and only 12 cards left in deck, and it happens more often than you think. Data dealer is a meta call to sell off GFI and/or 15 minutes against NBN. For extra fun times, sell every agenda point you score vs. SYNC and end the game with them conceding because they literally cannot score out.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 18, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

Your link comes back with a 403 error, but from the description I'm going to guess it's DLR Leela?

Whoops, forgot to hit publish. But no, it's just a standard crim suite but with LeelaBeth that puts pressure on basically every server. Punishes Asset spam with Temujin/Bank Job, hammers HQ with Sneakdoor/Legwork/Siphon; Hits R&D with Medium and generating 4-5 counters a turn, and every server with Inside Job.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

Did Golden and Peregrine do enough work to justify their existence?

Yes, when I ran double mongoose, people would triple stack sentries. Golden lets you get around the high strength sentries like Ichi much cheaper than femme does. Every once in a while I get to derez an archer as well. Peregrine is there as a replacement for peacock, there's a lot of str 5 codegates in the meta right now, and it's pretty good at breaking those. It's mostly there as a stand-in for Gordian in the event that GB gets enforcing loyalty'd or hit by a destroyer. They're more there as a back-up than as a primary breaker, and that's enough to justify it. The cost isn't that much of a tax for them, as you run so rich vs. most match-ups.

The only time that I'd fire the de-rez is if it would be meaningful. It leaves them without enough liquid cash to protect another server, or they don't have the resources to rez the card. Archer, Tracker, Tollbooth are the big ones that come to mind. Also, unadvanced space ICE. Anything that costs more than 7 over the course of your future runs to break is worth de-rezzing if they can't re-rez it, as now you're 'breaking' it for cheaper.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 18, 2016

• Locked thread