Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
if it lasts longer than 18 hours like the current one I might consider the purchase tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Shitload of gently caress, OP.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the pebble is the best smart watch for the best mobile operating system, android

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll get one when they put a drat crank on it ffs.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I'll get one when they put a drat crank on it ffs.

hahaha

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

i prefer to use a belt to strap an ipad onto my fat goon wrists

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Nope. I'll just continue not buying the better and cheaper android smart watches that I also have no use for.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You should just be able to hook a little cord up to some freeweights and do a few reps to spin a flywheel.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Lichy posted:

if it lasts longer than 18 hours like the current one I might consider the purchase tbh

What is the price point OP? If it's free and Martha Stewart gives me a handy then sure why not.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
why would i upgrade

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I've got a Casio F-91W, probably a perfectly designed watch. The battery lasts for years, doesn't break, and it has every function you could need from a watch. It also costs £5.

So no

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
I mean seriously who thought they would be a good idea? The ubiquitousness of smartphones have made regular old dumb watches pointless. Watches don't become a convenience again just because they can run the same pedometer program as the phone they already have in their pocket.

I think smart watches are like E-Cigs. They're made exclusively to appeal to dorks who want to spend the day fantasizing that they're a bounty hunter from the future.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You should just be able to hook a little cord up to a fleshlight and jack off to spin a flywheel.

FTFY. It's way more likely to work this way.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Mein Eyes! posted:

why would i upgrade

Okay I get the compass and thermometer and the magnifying glass but what possible purpose could that weird ice-cream scoop looking thing on the lower left possibly serve.

Edit- Some kind of alarm?

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 4, 2016

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I didn't even get the first one

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

reignofevil posted:

Okay I get the compass and thermometer and the magnifying glass but what possible purpose could that weird ice-cream scoop looking thing on the lower left possibly serve.

COKE SPOON

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I'm glad I'm not the only one who considered this possibility.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

reignofevil posted:

broadcasts a signal that counteracts the CIA mind control waves

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Apple's gonna get bought out by Google and Apple tards are gonna buy $1000 Chromeboks with an Apple logo slapped on them

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

No cos i wear a proper watch, op. smartwatches are for huge techfa33ots.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

reignofevil posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who considered this possibility.

(It looks like it's a mock up of a wind speed gauge)

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
What kind of poor turbonerd buys a smartwatch lmaooooo

What an impossibly useless device.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

can you talk into it like dick tracy

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Parallax Scroll posted:

No, you can only send tweets

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

And you have to have your phone in your pocket to relay the signal because the watch can't work by itself

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'd rather suck a dick than have an apple watch.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

EugeneJ posted:

And you have to have your phone in your pocket to relay the signal because the watch can't work by itself

That's thinking differently

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

EugeneJ posted:

Pff, at that point you might as well get a pipboy phone case instead.

So sleek.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
It's not worth the ecological and human damage that is created to produce it. Other things are, but not this

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

EugeneJ posted:

Apple's gonna get bought out by Google and Apple tards are gonna buy $1000 Chromeboks with an Apple logo slapped on them

This is what poors actually believe.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Facebook Aunt posted:

Pff, at that point you might as well get a pipboy phone case instead.

So sleek.

Wtf is this nonsense

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MurderBot posted:

I'd rather suck a dick than have an apple watch.

They would still let you buy a watch even you have sucked a dick, and you could continue sucking dicks after you had the watch.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

They would still let you buy a watch even you have sucked a dick, and you could continue sucking dicks after you had the watch.

Apple: Standing in Lines to Suck Dick

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Wtf is this nonsense

https://www.engadget.com/2015/11/09/fallout-4-pip-boy-hands-on/

Garmann
Nov 4, 2009
Grimey Drawer

reignofevil posted:

It's a wind speed gauge.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

I feel embarrassed for everyone involved

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Garmann posted:

It's a wind speed gauge.

Can't be, cannot turn on either axis.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I'm still trying to beat the one with the diver and the shark.

After that I'll move on to the guy who has to stack a lot of pies. Anyway, my itinerary is pretty full, as you can see, so it'll be a while.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Parallax Scroll posted:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

And the really weird part is that any smartwatch that does let you talk through it gets negative reviews because who wants to talk into their watch like a dork?! I dunno, maybe everyone who ever watched television and likes cool gadgets? It's weird that this ultra-niche nerdy product has decided that this specific feature is too nerdy for them. But a heart rate monitor? Now that's important. Talking to people is for dweebs, but it's imperative I know exactly what my heart rate is at any given moment.

If you're buying a smartwatch, let me tell you what your heart rate is: too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Frankenstyle posted:

I think smart watches are like E-Cigs. They're made exclusively to appeal to dorks who want to spend the day fantasizing that they're a bounty hunter from the future.

I'd definitely get one if it covered you whole forearm like Boba Fett. These tiny rear end watches with small screens and batteries are just junk!

• Locked thread