Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Blue Train posted:

I got your deets from your wife when I wanted to play a game real quick after I plowed her op

But you could've just created a guest account for post-loving gaming. Did you have to go this far with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I wanted to emasculate you in as many ways as possible

my cousin works at sony and is behind them refusing to reinstate for 6 months too

:owned:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

PC Master Race, mother Fucker.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Blue Train posted:

I wanted to emasculate you in as many ways as possible

my cousin works at sony and is behind them refusing to reinstate for 6 months too

:owned:

You could've just like jerked off onto my pillow or something. Bastard

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Smythe posted:

PC Master Race, mother Fucker.

I, too, conflate my choice of gaming hardware with genocide

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

ponis man posted:

think i called some sony exec a pedophile or something right on his door step

he lives by barnacle jim and i

well ponis man I dont know how to feel about this

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
You are an unbelievably weak sad geek pussy OP

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I had one of those sony walkmans that's waterproof. Never really took it anywhere near the water, but I thought that it was super badass how I coulda.

welp, that's my story! Thanks!!

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

You are an unbelievably weak sad geek pussy OP

I mean, it seems pretty believable to me

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Thanks for letting me vent my impotent rage and get nothing useful done, GBS. I have at least updated my password security on all the accounts I can think of. I think this thread could still be good for others who want to vent about Sony loving them over. I will let everyone know if anything comes from the BBB complaint (lol, that was the most middle-class white person thing I've ever done)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Thanks for reminding me to set up 2 step auth.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Remember the days when you owned the things you paid money for? Those were good days. I miss owning things, instead of being temporarily permitted to use the thing until my login info gets stolen by a russian hackwer and the company decides they're bored and shut everything down

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Friendly Humour posted:

Remember the days when you owned the things you paid money for? Those were good days. I miss owning things, instead of being temporarily permitted to use the thing until my login info gets stolen by a russian hackwer and the company decides they're bored and shut everything down

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I dunno looks like sony did a good job of owning op

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

if you dont have a console, then you cant play all the hottest new japanese rpgs such as:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Friendly Humour posted:

Agreed.

Read my post about hacking the ps3. This is why I do it.

They can't block me from playing stuff I backed up to other hard drives when I can run unsigned code :cool:

Lol if anybody thinks the games you paid full price for will be downloadable when you want to show your kids some day. But my copy of A Link to the Past will work 200 years from now. And I do plan to live that long.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rgiht now I'm looking at my 2001 copy of Pharaoh (which included the expansion pack!) and reminisce of those golden days where I could just pop the CD, install the game, and bam I'm playing the greatest city management game ever made. In fact, I think I'm going to do that right now.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Friendly Humour posted:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Blue Train posted:

I dunno looks like sony did a good job of owning op

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So is the PS4 or Xbone better?

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I have a ps4. I played witcher 3 on it. It was a lot of fun. I liked that game.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Blue Train posted:

I got your deets from your wife when I wanted to play a game real quick after I plowed her op
please do a Let's Play of boning ops wife

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
xbone is the best console i think that was settled already in yosbos

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
op you were p0wned b a l33t hax0r

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Dualshock d-pads are loving stupid.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

reallivedinosaur posted:

xbone is the best console i think that was settled already in yosbos

At least the next xbone refresh won't be huge.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I get the impression that in Japan Sony puts out amazing products and they are a cherished company and an enormous source of pride for Japanese citizens.

Whereas in the USA they put out sloppy, half-baked products and then basically tell you to get hosed if you have any problems.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Basically they act the same way towards Americans as Microsoft does.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Friendly Humour posted:

Rgiht now I'm looking at my 2001 copy of Pharaoh (which included the expansion pack!) and reminisce of those golden days where I could just pop the CD, install the game, and bam I'm playing the greatest city management game ever made. In fact, I think I'm going to do that right now.

Same, except instead of a computer game, it's an oral syringe full of morphine solution.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
My PS2 worked until last year and that piece of poo poo has never connected to the internet. Although I sold all the games for it a few years ago and for a time it was my DVD player until I bought a new one. After that I threw it in the trash. I did buy an Xbox 360 which lasted a year before the disc drive breaking, I'll be throwing that in the trash once I buy a TV with a USB port. My PC, on the other hand, has lasted for eight years and has been pretty cool throughout, I'm buying another soon to get me through another five to ten years. I could bang on about console only, but that means I'll bang on about emulation and backward's compatibility covering decades of gaming on all platforms.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Console gaming ruins everything.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Console gaming rules.

FTFY

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

My PS2 worked until last year and that piece of poo poo has never connected to the internet. Although I sold all the games for it a few years ago and for a time it was my DVD player until I bought a new one. After that I threw it in the trash. I did buy an Xbox 360 which lasted a year before the disc drive breaking, I'll be throwing that in the trash once I buy a TV with a USB port. My PC, on the other hand, has lasted for eight years and has been pretty cool throughout, I'm buying another soon to get me through another five to ten years. I could bang on about console only, but that means I'll bang on about emulation and backward's compatibility covering decades of gaming on all platforms.

what's it like being impoverished

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AugmentedVision posted:

I, too, conflate my choice of gaming hardware with genocide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7rZ5CahqE&t=27s

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Case in point right here.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Blue Train posted:

I'll take that one

It's not very good

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

For the longest time I thought that stood for "gently caress that, gently caress you"

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I do not feel better for having read this post

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Day Man posted:

Thanks for letting me vent my impotent rage and get nothing useful done, GBS. I have at least updated my password security on all the accounts I can think of. I think this thread could still be good for others who want to vent about Sony loving them over. I will let everyone know if anything comes from the BBB complaint (lol, that was the most middle-class white person thing I've ever done)

I hope you get this resolved, OP. Maybe try again another day and you'll get somebody more helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Blue Train posted:

What's it like paying hundreds of dollars for something which will be garbage in a few years? I'm impoverished because I don't throw my money onto horse poo poo?

Millstone posted:

I do not feel better for having read this post

Nobody cares.

• Locked thread