Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

What's it like paying hundreds of dollars for something which will be garbage in a few years? I'm impoverished because I don't throw my money onto horse poo poo?

lmao too poor to afford a new console

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

etalian posted:

lmao too poor to afford a new console

Consoles are for children.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

For the longest time I thought that stood for "gently caress that, gently caress you"

Same!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i had the same thing happen to me and the guy fixed it for me on the phone real quick and was real polite, hope that helps OP

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah seriously OP just call again and don't be a whiny bitch on the phone.

Hell gimme your acc info and 10 bux and I'll do it for you lol.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Consoles are for children.

where can i buy a nokia flip phone grandpa?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I honestly had a brick phone up until like 6 months ago :smith:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
controversial opinion: video games are cool and good

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
There's a whiny piece of poo poo I work with who calls and complains about every little thing, he gets cheaper rates on everything by virtue of being really annoying. While he may save money overall, that just does not seem like a healthy way to live one's life. :shrug:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Kuato posted:

There's a whiny piece of poo poo I work with who calls and complains about every little thing, he gets cheaper rates on everything by virtue of being really annoying. While he may save money overall, that just does not seem like a healthy way to live one's life. :shrug:

It's this super stressful scrooge of a life that he leads that will result in him being the next billionaire. He'll owe it all to years of painfully saving and cutting corners :smug:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I remember watching an interview with Jim Cramer on Conan or something where he admits to being an extreme couponer which is pretty :lol:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

What's it like paying hundreds of dollars for something which will be garbage in a few years? I'm impoverished because I don't throw my money onto horse poo poo?

dunno?

Blue Train posted:

yo ho ho op

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I have a Sony TV and the sound that comes through the headphone jack is really bad.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Thanks for alerting me to 2fa being available on psn, op.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Turnquiet posted:

Thanks for alerting me to 2fa being available on psn, op.

np

The Gay Bean
Apr 19, 2004
Did anybody actually have the Sega Channel, the first failed attempt at digital distribution? I tried to sign up when my parents weren't home but of course it wasn't available in my area.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Day Man posted:

Just filed a BBB complaint, we'll see how that goes

Sony will respond saying they've resolved the issue, even if they haven't, and the BBB will close the complaint. The BBB pretty much only exists to help companies commit fraud anymore because they make money from those companies paying to be a part of their group.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Their business model is literally built on aiding fraud and I actually choose whether or not I will give someone my money based on whether they're involved with the BBB.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 5, 2016

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Why yes, Mr. Dayman, as a matter of fact you did fall behind on your Sony payments.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

The Gay Bean posted:

Did anybody actually have the Sega Channel, the first failed attempt at digital distribution? I tried to sign up when my parents weren't home but of course it wasn't available in my area.

The first internet in my house was that internet thing that the Saturn had and I would actually go online using it and its weird rear end browser. They issued an update to it and the way you would update it was you had to put this disc in every time you wanted to use the newest features of their browser like javascript and frames for webpages.

It was cool for playing Bomberman and Daytona online though.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
My PSN account got hacked. Sony couldn't recover it nor were they willing to strip the account of (admittedly old) debit card information. I would have been more pissed about it but my last purchase was in like, 2011 and my account only had Spyro and MGS1 tied to it. :shobon:

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Sony sent me a Zone of the Enders 2 demo disk that silently corrupted all my saves for everything and they gave out a free game as compensation for a limited time but didn't tell anyone.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

emoji posted:

Sony sent me a Zone of the Enders 2 demo disk that silently corrupted all my saves for everything and they gave out a free game as compensation for a limited time but didn't tell anyone.

This reads like back-alley forced romance plot with a surprise HIV infection

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I don't get consoles. Any old cool games can be played for free using an emulator and anything new isn't' worth the 600$ you could use on a new mobo/graphics card/CPU that would put you 2 generations ahead of any console anyway.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I don't get consoles. Any old cool games can be played for free using an emulator and anything new isn't' worth the 600$ you could use on a new mobo/graphics card/CPU that would put you 2 generations ahead of any console anyway.

A PS4 isn't $600 and it has cool exclusives that aren't available on the PC.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
About twelve years ago someone hacked my world of warcraft account and locked me out. It turned out to be one of the best things that's ever happened to me. Maybe go outside and let some serbian caveman ruin his life with your toys?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

PS3, I'm not playin'

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I like Sony because this thread reminded me to

Philthy posted:

Thanks for reminding me to set up 2 step auth.

do this and

Friendly Humour posted:

Rgiht now I'm looking at my 2001 copy of Pharaoh (which included the expansion pack!) and reminisce of those golden days where I could just pop the CD, install the game, and bam I'm playing the greatest city management game ever made. In fact, I think I'm going to do that right now.

play Pharaoh when I get home.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The Dennis System posted:

This implies these are games worth playing. This is almost never the case.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rofl. You're so loving stupid haha

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Console = bad and dumb
PC = cool and good

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

You sure mean interactive movies where you move thru cutscenes using X button or sneaking.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Day Man posted:

Unfortunately, I don't have to imagine it.

I didn't realize it wasn't turned on. It's enabled now, and I have changed every password on all the sites I can think of that I have an account for.

You didn't realize it wasn't turned on because it didn't exist for Sony's service until like TWO WEEKS AGO because they loving suck at security

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Can't do that on pc

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Can't do that on pc

Wrong :smug:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
As a wise man once said, "PC race is the master race."

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
I considered getting a PS3 to play Nier, but in the end, laziness won out and I played DOOM instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

As a wise man once said, "PC race is the master race."

it was this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-mwP_vTQs4

• Locked thread