Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«60 »
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

I dunno, as someone who still likes LU and wants the storylines to continue, I also want the talent to have as much freedom as possible to work elsewhere (it's legit lovely to hold them to contracts when they haven't been paid in over a year). I really hope they come up with some sort of compromise where I can have my stupid Lucha Sci-Fi Nonsense AND the wrestlers get some measure of career mobility and exposure in healthier promotions. But that's probably naive of me.

Ah well, at least we don't have to watch Sexy Star again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Same, but Sami Callihan joining Suzuki-gun.

NJPW feels lacking in the "dude what kicks people in the head" department lately, so I'm 10,000% down for this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eater of worlds, pins, and CHICKEN

Dave says LU is telling talent if they're unhappy and want out, they will let them out of their contracts as long as they agree to come to one set of tapings to be written off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another.

Also apparently AroLucha started up based on the idea that there wasn't going to be a season 4 of LU, and now there is concern that they'll actually be able to get the talent they wanted.

That doesn't exactly seem like a sound basis for a new promotion.

ArmyOfMidgets
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Part of me is kinda morbid and wants the first three episodes of LU season 4 to just be 80% of the cast being written off.

"Our first main event! King Cuerno, Cage, Mil Muertes, Jeremiah Crane and Rey Mysterio are all fighting for the gauntlet! My god, he did it! El Mariachi Loco has won the gauntlet and he just punched a hole through the rest of the fighters! And Angelico got hit by the thunderous impact also! Vampiro, what do you have to say about this?!"
"If you look closely, you can see that the gauntlet has actually consumed Rey Mysterio's soul and he has now turned into ash. I always knew that's how his career would end. Join us next week when Drago, Fenix and Pentagon Dark have a The Floor Is Lava Match, surely they will all survive."
"We just got reports that Aerostar and Argenis have been spotted in the stratosphere, may the gods aid them in their fight against the war martians and i hope we see them again sometime."

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Part of me is kinda morbid and wants the first three episodes of LU season 4 to just be 80% of the cast being written off.

"Our first main event! King Cuerno, Cage, Mil Muertes, Jeremiah Crane and Rey Mysterio are all fighting for the gauntlet! My god, he did it! El Mariachi Loco has won the gauntlet and he just punched a hole through the rest of the fighters! And Angelico got hit by the thunderous impact also! Vampiro, what do you have to say about this?!"
"If you look closely, you can see that the gauntlet has actually consumed Rey Mysterio's soul and he has now turned into ash. I always knew that's how his career would end. Join us next week when Drago, Fenix and Pentagon Dark have a The Floor Is Lava Match, surely they will all survive."
"We just got reports that Aerostar and Argenis have been spotted in the stratosphere, may the gods aid them in their fight against the war martians and i hope we see them again sometime."

El Mariachi Loco vs. Mascarita Sagrada in an all season long match.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Famous B: "You look like you have something to say Texano, do you?"

Texano: "I have to go now my planet needs me."

Texano died on his way to his home planet.

ArmyOfMidgets
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/stat...467475779772416

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

"I think you'll find that when it comes to Sandwich Montoya, the sky is the limit!"

- Too Much Mustard

Glad to head they're both going to be back.

It's going to be fun to watch other promotions adjust. I fully expect Fenix to drop his AAW belt, probably to Riddle (ugh), before the filming starts. Fortunately the condensed filming schedule should make it easier for everyone to plan.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

Coming from the deeps of the Frankenwald to haunt you

I also learned that wXw will have Toni Storm on the 20th and 21st. That might sell a ticket right here.

ArmyOfMidgets
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

I can't believe Pentagon Dark didn't only take Prince Puma's career away, but also the Temple's.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/luch...e-pics-tickets/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aren't the tapings for the new season supposed to be happening about now? But not in the Temple, and maybe without Dario?

No... no I refuse to believe it will be without Dario. That's not possible.

ArmyOfMidgets
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Jerusalem posted:

Aren't the tapings for the new season supposed to be happening about now? But not in the Temple, and maybe without Dario?

No... no I refuse to believe it will be without Dario. That's not possible.

Tickets go up tomorrow, recordings should be in early March IIRC.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Man, if Dario isn't involved, what's even the point?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Takuan posted:

Man, if Dario isn't involved, what's even the point?

If it ends up Dario is dead, but is replaced by his dad (who is played by Dario with a fake mustache), I will be 100% on board.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

"I think you'll find that when it comes to Sandwich Montoya, the sky is the limit!"

- Too Much Mustard

I choose to believe Dario will be back, even if he's not there for the first couple of episodes.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

...as much revenge as any man could possibly take.

I love that upon hearing there was a cold theme, the writer of that article immediately thought of a Glacier cameo as did I.

Show needs Dario though.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

- Too Much Mustard

Dario has been on ice since the shooting?

ArmyOfMidgets
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

If only there was a way to bring back the dead. if only there were At Least Two Characters Or More That Can And Have Brought The Dead Back To Life.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/963429212404289537

Jenkem Delivery
Feb 8, 2005

Death created time to grow the things that it would kill

It's too bad they're leaving the temple. It had a really cool vibe, and you could see most of the filming locations when you went through it.

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

I never finished season 3. Is there anywhere online to stream or purchase it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's on Itunes, isn't it?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

- Too Much Mustard

I think it's almost everywhere. I bought it through Amazon.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

It's on Itunes, isn't it?

yep, that's what I did. Didn't they have a deal with Netflix too?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but season 3 isnít up yet.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

I don't want to explain this swastika to anyone that doesn't want to know what it's about

Tickets for season 4 tapings are up on their Eventbrite, looks like a way better system.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Tickets just went live for the first set of tapings: http://lu4.eventbrite.com

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The first two seasons are still on Netflix, but I haven't heard anything about when Season 3 will be added

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I have saws for hands and am given to whimsy.

If it goes live like all the other in-production TV shows on Netflix, season 3 will go up just before season 4 starts airing on the network.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2018 around 07:08

«60 »