Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The idea of wrestling is that it's a presented as a shoot fight (even LU, with all the mystical poo poo in the story segments is very much presented as "underground illegal shoot fights" when actually in the ring). If someone was broadcasting a shoot fight where a guy was beating the poo poo out of a woman, my two thoughts would be 1) what kind of shitbag freakshow promotion sanctioned this, and 2) where is the remote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

fatherdog posted:

I don't think anyone's saying suspension of disbelief isn't important; it's more that if you're watching a show where one of the wrestlers is literally a time travelling spaceship and there are multiple instances of in-ring teleportation, and the part that breaks your suspension of disbelief is intergender matches, you might have some deeper issues to work out.

FWIW I have always thought the sci-fi/mystical elements of LU have always been extremely at odds with its "gritty underground fighting club" aesthetic. Like I don't watch CHIKARA but it is fully committed to its aesthetic/universe. LU seems to want to be "Chikara but Shoot Fights" which makes no sense.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the general Wikipedia policy, I believe, is to list events (title changes, etc) in all promotions by taping date rather than airing date, so, yes, they do it with TNA/NXT as well

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 30, 2016

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's kind of a weird case because even the big promotions had periods where their main TV was on significant tape delay, though this was generally considered to be a terrible idea when WCW did it with the Orlando shows. I can get why they'd want to keep it consistent, though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Basic Chunnel posted:

So has this show resolved in any way the fact that its financier is in large part responsible for the rise of the president who hates its audience

Mexicans don't watch Lucha Underground.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought Lucha Underground wasn't a promotion.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This company has jumped the shark and is not even entertaining bullshit anymore (or is rapidly approaching that level), just regular old bullshit. HOW did Pentagon not win?

LU is rapidly approaching WWE levels of setting up fantastic stories and then doing literally the exact wrong things with the finishes.

Also oh boy now we get a heel vs. maybe-face but the whole loving season has been about him getting darker or whatever main event title match. Boy that's exciting.

They have no desire to book in response to people who get over because a) it's impossible because they tape entire seasons at once, and b) it would interfere with their grand, epic wrestling narrative or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my favorite thing is the LU stans in Ryan's replies who apparently think it's a reasonable ask that a dirtsheet not report TV taping results

• Locked thread