Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I really hate the booking this season and/or certain storytelling decisions that get made that also highlight what frustrates me about the way LU works. Specifically, I really dislike the fact that Mil went over and holy poo poo that in-ring ending.

To clarify, I understand WHY Mil went over, he's like, one of the core characters of LU. That said, Mil has been boring me for a long time. I feel like he's one of those repeating minibosses in a JRPG that's a recurring character but as the game progresses, you just don't give a gently caress because you know he's just a miniboss. Matanza is everything Mil is but a lot better (other than the fact that I like seeing Catrina on my screen very much :allears:). Crane has been blowing me away with his performances, to the point that I now know what people were hyping him up for when WWE first signed him and subsequently wasted him. But he lost, totally clean, and to be honest I never once believed he was going to win. That's a problem. The match was awesome as gently caress, but I had no belief he had an honest chance. On the flipside though, I just don't buy Mil as the killer LU wants me to (probably, again, because Matanza took that mystique from him and then some).

A lot of the problem is how much LU films at once so they have no idea how over a person/storyline is going to get. Same thing happened with Pentagon through much of Season 1. That's not really LU's fault, but I wish I was surprised by the booking more often, and LU does a really good job of running characters into the ground. They've done it with Mil and Marty and they're starting to do it with Pentagon. I don't care how over it got, Pentagon breaking Brenda's arm was loving gross and gratuitous, and Striker had some line about "what separates LU from everyone else", and I'm like, that's not a good thing, dude. It's probably a contributor to LU's audience cratering after season 1. It's borderline impossible for intergender stuff to be done tastefully (arguably impossible) and Brenda's a goddamn manager, not say, Black Lotus. I dunno, I was really disappointed by this week's episode on many levels, and while I'm sure the break was a huge factor, it wouldn't shock me if stuff like that wouldn't have led to people losing interest anyway. Which is a shame, because there are so many things I genuinely love about LU.

re-read this, or read it for the first time. because it's the only truth anyone should ever know. If you disagree send me a pm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread