Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dario's oinks <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm dying at Havoc just bouncing off Matanza like he hit a wall

Same. My favorite thing about Matanza is that he is great about knowing what to no-sell. Him standing up out of Pentagon's lungblower still stands with me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That was a really good way to open.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

World Wide Underground as highschool bullies is amazing. I'm also glad that they added something to the whole Angelico thing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't know if that is a build I'm that interested in. Also seems like a really petty fight for Catrina.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

She just works too soft and it doesn't fit in with the rest of the roster.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh yeah, didn't she retire from wrestling?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

oatgan posted:

She claims she's going to be a boxer but I doubt that's ever going to happen

Does seem late in her career to throw her first punch.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pentagon stealing from Roman's closet. Though having your back broken is a better reason for the vest.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Those slingblades are beautiful.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Holy crap this should be some good poo poo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think the violence is what does it, women just heighten the experience.

I did notice they didn't get weird until the very end of the women's match in the first episode this season. Maybe someone told them to calm it down?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Whenever the Black Lotus assassins show up I think my excitement will pick up. They are the new hires I am the most excited about.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hope this series is setting up for them to bring in Cage's pro-trump rudo work.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Why not both? Cage sweeps and wins the opportunity to deport one of the AAA guys.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just caught the ending and that was really well done and a great example of how LU makes everyone look strong. Chavo got to cheat, have it work, and Rey still gets the great baby face win.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I thought he retried as a wrestler.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm really hoping Puma doesn't go bad just to go good again. I also doubt he will just because this is his last season and Puma going dark and kicking lots of rear end and then getting bumped off by something even scarier send like their style.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 11, 2016

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I've been bad at paying attention this season, does the winner is Aztec warfare get the belt or do they just get to challenge for it?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

They get the belt.

I like that Mundo answered my question.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

gently caress Pentagon is amazing. He's constantly stupid cool

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A coast to coast being the first thing a dude does is the stupid poo poo I love in LU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Why does Rey look like the guy from Korn?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

my favorite new Rey look is "generic Borderlands bad guy"

https://twitter.com/reymysterio/status/798766075919773697

Yeah, I'm honestly really surprised there isn't anyone doing something like that as a mask for their gimmick.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Angry young man the 35 year old Jack Evens.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Holy poo poo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sling freaked out on me half way through so I just finished watching. Not what I expected but I was happy at the end. Sexy makes an amazing transitional champion and puts the belt on a technico for a bit. It will sting when Matanza or Mil destroy her to take the belt. She's not a great wrestler but I like the story.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It would look better if anyone sold it well. I hate his stunner on Matanza because that guy is never going to go to the ground. He should just save the stunner for Jack and the other flippy guys.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dave complaining about the intergender matches mostly feels like an outdated opinion. I get why you would not do it when wrestling presented itself as a legitimate sport but those days are long gone. We all know that it is fake. Comparing it to a shoot fight just doesn't make sense. If UFC did an intergender fight you wouldn't be upset that one fighter was a man and the other was a woman, you would be upset because it would be a one sided murder. Same reason no one wants to watch guys in wildly different weight classes fight. Wrestling doesn't have that constraint so it seems silly to pretend that it does. Everyone is as big and strong as their fighting spirit.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Maybe it's because I've not been into wrestling that long but I find wrestling playing it straight to be the worst part. If I want a real fight I watch UFC. If I want two over the top superheros punching each other I watch wrestling. I find LU going full stupid to be refreshing. I like someone owning how stupid wrestling is.

Edit: I do agree about guys winning with their mediocre finish. If someone kicks out after being out through a bunch of tables then you need to escalate to what actually puts them away.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 17, 2016

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If the WWE thread was just about smackdown it would probably have a lot less complaining.

And I wasn't saying everyone is outdated, just Meltzer. His complaint is weird and he's defending it with data that doesn't show the whole picture.

Know what I do hate about LU? How long they tease out new wrestlers. I was expecting these rabbit guys to show up in Aztec Warfare. We've had over a month of teasers and they have not shown a thing. Also Mariposa is really under used.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dr. Baker posted:

Where are Fenix, Aerostar, Daga, Dragon Azteca Jr., etc.? The roster did look pretty thin.

Fenix and Aerostar lost against Drago in a 3 way match for a spot in Aztec Warfare. Dragon Azteca is kayfabe injured. Daga is kayfabe dead?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

is there a reason i missed that the ninja ladies attacked pentagon and is it sexist to not want to see him in this particular feud?

I'm excited because all 3 women are amazing wrestlers.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Whatever gets us more cool looking Canadian Destroyers.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

They couldn't have paced it longer than one loving week

Horrible booking, cheapens the achievement of even having a female champ.

It makes sense to me. Sexy is like the only pure baby face and she made a pure baby face mistake. She told the Mack to stay away so that she could prove herself. She's too nice to be champion which fits her character.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If Ivelisse was there original plan I think she would of held the title a lot longer. This works for me though. Sexy winning felt good but her losing also makes sense in the story. I also can't think of a single person who I'd want to see in a championship feud with Sexy. She's still not a good wrestler. I don't really want to see her get wrecked by one of the monster heels. Getting cheated out of it because she is too nice works for me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

So has this show resolved in any way the fact that its financier is in large part responsible for the rise of the president who hates its audience

This isn't the WWE thread.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

uncleKitchener posted:

Why is this crazy show constantly losing viewership on TV?

It is on a small niche network that is hard to justify paying for if you are only watching one show.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is there any real proof outside of Dave's word? He pretty much has been predicting their death from the start and has come off as not being a fan of theirs for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

At the end of every season he has dropped rumors that they wouldn't be able to make the next one. Without something else backing up that statement I'm going to be skeptical.

• Locked thread