Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hi, i'm still catching up to this show but i wanted to say somewhere that I got pulled out really hard during this Powered Up Mil Muertes vs Trios Champion Son of Havoc match in season 1 because it's clearly from about two months before the episodes around it are, what with Evilice's broken leg and how badly the commentary dub is going (Mil dragged Havoc over to the announcers table and Matt's just talking calmly to bad lipsyncing as his face from the past screams). Welp, gonna go back and then hopefully finish season 2 in a reasonable timeframe so I can follow this thread too.

edit: i'm a dumbass and Ivelisse's leg injury still wasn't healed, even for the season finale. Amazing how much she kept doing despite all that, tho!
I hope Hernandez loving pays for saying that dragons aren't real

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I have caught up with this show. Goddamn this is awesome. Kinda super burnt out since I took most of season 3 today, after finishing season 2 on friday/saturday.

Ivelisse winning the title would've been sweet and hype AF, Sexy Star having a more decent finish (that stomp looked kinda bad) would've gone a long way but it was nice. Then it already ended, so idk.
Really interested in Pentagon Dark vs Black STARDOM Lotus
I love Cortez getting smashed left and right
I need to see The Gods Call Him Cage - He's A Vessel
Hope Vamp brings back Puma and that Pentagon Dark uses the Lotus' black magic or something to bring Konnan back and they just have a Stand Battle.
Can't wait to see what's next for Matanza
And to meet Dragon Penis Lizard Illuminati Man
And Dario's boss
and ahhhh so much cool poo poo

Wrestling is the best when it's super real like this with wizards and guns and bowling balls and high-flying super sick stunts :)

Also, SRM, any chance you know when Ivelisse gets better? like, should I expect her for late season 3 stuff or just give up hope and wait for the possible season 4 to see more of her in LU?

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 28, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

She's out for quite some time, but she does come back by Ultima Lucha 3. I honestly don't remember when, though, I just remember she did have a match at UL3.

In other news, Sexy Dulche (the name unmasked Sexy Star has been going by) reportedly said last night at the Crash show in Tijuana that she does intend to continue wrestling. So it seems like retiring Sexy Star really was mostly about getting the hell away from AAA. What that may mean for her and LU, who knows.

Sounds fair enough. Can't wait to see her back!

Hope the best for her, though i'm mostly concerned that I could've gone to that event (Jeff Hardy, Rey Fénix y Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Jeff Cobb, Nicho el Millionario y Teddy Hart as the main event sounds super good) and also that you mean Sexy Dulce.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

What should I expect from these Stardom poison ghost assassins? I'm suuuuuper casual in wrestling (saw some AAA when i was super young like 20 years ago and WWE around 2006, specifically saw the times when Vince wrestled God, and Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit died, so Rey Mysterio being pushed as this massive superman is what gets me the best) so I love reading all the more in-depth stuff that gets posted here :)

Also, random thing from binging the whole show that got me: I was super uncomfortable with the Sexy Star and the Martinez's few, that sorta story I just don't like to see, like with Jessica Jones on netflix. I decided to look her up on wikipedia to see if they listed her beating Marty in, like, aztec warfare or something. There was a sentence on the feud followed by "became the first female Lucha Underground Champion, but lost her title the next week to Johnny Mundo" or something and welp. Kept wondering when that would happen and nicely enough it was when I finished catching up, so that's good? :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

harperdc posted:

Japanese women's wrestling (aka joshi puroresu or just joshi) is hard as nails, innovative, and as technical and hard as any men's wrestling out there. And especially the three showing up in LU are highly regarded in Japan as great workers.

God, I can't wait for them vs Pentagon Dark this week, then! and just in general more kick-rear end women in the roster.

ParanoidInc posted:

Io Shirai is a loving amazing wrestler, legit top 10 in the world overall

also stay away from absolutely anything LU related on wikipedia, spoilers are completely unavoidable there in the most absurd ways

Then I hope Io/Hitokiri/Assassin gets pushed the most!

Oh yeah, I learned pretty good after that goof-up, with how it's taped months ahead but some nerds go write up the spoilers for Wikipedia the minute they get out of the taping. I'm neeever going to wikipedia or places that discuss live events/spoilers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

If you need to get even more hype for tomorrow's Pentagon Dark match, here's a short segment of some lovely sunday morning show in which he creates an army of Pentagon Jrs to take over a city

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Io match was amazing. First two were great too, but Pentagon's selling escalating for the whole episode lead to a few kinda 'slow' moments at first.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

With how hard he's been burning bridges, I think Pentagón's only option might be the police officer. She's immortal and only cares about winning the war, I could see Pentagón somehow making contact with her at some point (Like him and Cortez being in the same hospital and the officer goes visit Cortez but decides Pentagon would be a decent ally) and siding with them. But to be honest, I just want him to go with anyone that has magic on the offchance they revive Konnan for him to fight Puma+Vampiro.

Or maybe someone will put Konnan's soul inside Pentagón's now-broken body to get some info or something.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"What's that tattoo you have?"
"Yami*"
*TL Note: Yami means the darkest of places of dark.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I for one welcome our reptilian overlords.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"And then the reptilian people of the snake tribe kidnap a dragon as the audience chants "Luchasaurus" "

This is the purest form of art. Also that first match was loving crazy!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"Aerostar, our buddy Drago got kidnapped by the Reptilian Illuminati last week, what do we do!?"
"Well, have we searched the toilets yet?"
"Of course!"

Mack and Sexy BFFs is still one of the best things this season.

I uh, i did not expect the hot dog-skin man to be whatever the gently caress he is. :stare:

I love Sexy Star's Galacta outfit. And yay, the SlamTown theme! Also I guess i saw Jenkem's hand. Daaamn Sexy's got guns. These two wrestle well together, i'm not too into Sexy Star, but this fight's got all the right ingredients to be fun.

I love Spider-man too, but come on, Stryker. I know for a fact that the second the Spider Tribe steps into the ring, Matt will shatter my love for the character with a rampage of references.

Ehhh, kinda lame ending. Extra hilarious how much mask talk there is when she unmasked last summer.

God i love the snake tribe plot.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

On one hand that sucks, otoh i'll probably be able to attend tapings by then. Would be really sick to see the season premiere's matches that way.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm not asking for much, just that when the god finishes possessing Cage, we get some Sentai transformation in which the glove becomes a full body armor. That shoots lightning.

Also, Puma Dark, I hope he turns back to the light at some point. :ohdear:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I like Texano. I was hoping he'd win the series though because Cage doesn't need to be the vessel of an ancient god to have a character and Texano has just sort of been whatever they need. Texas Man From California Who Represents Mexico is a fun hoss and should be given fun hoss things to do.

That always annoys me to no end. "From Mexicali, Baja California... TEXANO!" There's nearly a thousand miles from Mexicali to Texas!

Anyways, I was also hoping that he'd become a god's vessel, but then just getting FAME could be an interesting thing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, the alliances (from least to most mythical) are now

Worldwide Underground (just normal douches)
423-GET-FAME (Famous B, the actress and probably two legit wrestlers now)
The Rabbit Tribe (Probably magic dudes on drugs)
Jeremiah (has an oujia board and knows Catrina)
Vamp's Sith Camp (Just him and Puma Dark, but Vamp's a vampire immortal and Puma just came back from the dead, so.)
Trios Champs (An alien timetraveler and an immortal in their Retrieve Drago Arc)
The Serpent Tribe (Reptilian Illuminati)
Dario Cueto (2 god vessels, but one's on a revenge path to Rey Mysterio and the other only began the vesseling)
Catrina's Re-dead Alliance

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The table bit was pretty awesome in the Mariposa vs Sexy Star match.

Mascarita Sagrada getting pushed?! Incredible. I hope he accepts this tribe of junkies.

The Reptilian Illuminati in their war against DRUGS.

The LUCHASAURUS chant is the best. THE BEST.

They saved him! OH NO! Drago, your friends!

"Pero.."
"No butts"
"ese juego de palabras no aplica en español..."
these friendship handshakes are the best.

Kinda bummed that this isn't for the title, but i'm cool with seeing what kinda match it'll be next week. Hope it's not another cage match.

JESUS. Vampiro, how ghetto do you think Mack is????

Oh poo poo. Johnny Mundo's All Night Long 2! But, boo, I thought we'd get some Pentagon Dark on the "mid-season" finale.

Puma Dark vs Mil will own when we get to it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Good stuff, but is this pre or post Infinity Gauntlet?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

Obviously pre, otherwise he'd be throwing shoroyukens at the guy in real life.

In other news MID SEASON FINALE TONIGHT! Notably, this is not the Mack/Mundo All Night Long match, but instead:

https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/819227394565230592

For those that don't follow spoilers, I'll say this one non-spoiler thing (since it won't air): they had to shoot this match twice, because the first time they had to stop it in the middle to take Matanza to the hospital.

That non-spoiler raises so many questions and stuff. Glad/hope he's okay but also i can't handle the irony of taking a competitor to the hospital in a "death" match.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And so, Texano finds the ultimate gimmick: agarrarse una guera.

Being Cortez is suffering lmao. Into the power glove stuff tho.

God i'm so hype for this death match
holy poo poo just carrying dragon over his shoulder without even holding him
god i loving love when they play with the temple's architecture like this
gently caress! There's six minutes left?!
Rey, you're gonna need the dragon balls to bring him back! Rey Vs Muertes among the people! god that was so cool

noooo marty don't. waitwhat. uhhhhhhh. ok.

God i love this show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Everything about Dragon Azteca Jr. vs Matanza is super cool, but

Jenkem Delivery posted:

and it caused a big spot of blood on the left side of his rear end.

this should be a thread title.

Man, I hope they get that netflix deal. This show deserves to be seen by every believer.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I really dug the striped pants, gave him a very classic luchador vibe at the start. But yeah, as the show went on and he died and came back and his character became more clear, it was a good choice to take away that and give him a more modern look.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Grave Consequences 1 was one of the first matches I showed my girlfriend. She did not appreciate all the blood. (In my defense, it was my first time watching that match and I figured it'd just be really good due to the buildup)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Anals of History posted:

I don't mind Striker, but I'd absolutely go for insane Univision soccer commentator version.

MATANZA ENTRA AL RING! COMO UN CASTILLO ESTA RECIBIENDO SEISCIENTAS GOLPIZAS SIN MOVERSE, EL WRATH OF THE GODS ACABA DE QUITARLE EL ALMA A FENIX Y LO HA MANDADO A LA ESTRATOSFERA, OCHOCIENTOS DIEZ MIL MUERTOS POR ESTE MONSTRUO!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I guess Ivelisse and Angelico have been giving him lessons.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

I miss Bengala. He was the best kind-of-chubby kitty man

I miss him, but i'm not sure he's worth the rapid-fire catpuns.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yessssssssssssssss. :stare:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"Mexico is coming for you, Chavo"
"Not with the tourist visas they won't."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Roman Reigns posted:

Fuuuuuck I hope not I was looking forward to more of it coming to Netflix :(

There's at least one more complete season that'll be on Netflix (about half of S3 has aired on tv) so there'll be that, but yeah. :( otoh LU has been "dying" since day 1 and it keeps pulling through, right?...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TBH I'd feel like they need to pull some dirt on WB and force Ed Boon develop a digital-only fighting game that's Mortal Kombat with a gimmick or two on top.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

A good chunk of the more amazing matches in the show include John Morrison. Nothing magical like Fenix vs Mil or any of the Trios where Angelico tries to die, but the more sustainable ones like any match he has with Ricochet or the only good matches Sexy Star has had besides the No Mas one, or vs El Patron back in Ultima Lucha 1.

The magic bunnies and dragons are cool.

Penta's getting a decent push, imo. He got a freaking All Night Long Vs 3 Invited Stardom Stars. He's the Dark Counterpart to Prince Puma, the protagonist. Just because Vegeta didn't go SSJ2 first doesn't mean he isn't the best character in the show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Apropos nothing, I have a sick giggle whenever I see this bit

of Rey right after he "throws" Matanza over the supplies room and he crashes through. You can see the horror in his eyes as he thinks he could've accidentally been involved in a second wrestler death in 2 years.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can't wait for the All Night Long match, but what I really want is for my boy Pentagon El Penta 0M DARK to get more poo poo pushed against him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Woo, time to go to Slam Town

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Baja Dessert Championships: ORIGINS
okay?

good spots so far, god I missed the Lucha chants.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I haven't watched live tv in ages, what the heck! one commercial was just a .jpg and a voiceover about deep fried mac n cheese with cheetos dust!

Can't wait to see where they're going with this ankle stuff

okay nvm please go back to the .jpg i don't need a commercial anymore

Hahahahahahha yesssss

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 1, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

YES YES YES YES DOWN THE STAIIIIIIIIIIIRS

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My god, but which one does he stun?!

YES YES YES :stare: This show is good at giving us what we want, and even better at giving us what we didn't know we wanted.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS IS THE COOLEST MATCH EVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That was awesome.

• Locked thread