Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
This is so cool! It seems like the last season just ended!

well actually it kinda just did

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eljackass
May 19, 2004

:laffo:

"One giant key."

eljackass
May 19, 2004

oatgan posted:

its actually him though

It's actually who?? Fill me in pls

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Honky Tonk Man

OOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh I wasn't paying that close attention. That is awesome

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Dias posted:

Ah, gently caress, this was on TODAY? What did I miss? Son of Havoc is wrestling Matanza?

You just missed the first match, which was AWESOME, we're 18 minutes in at a commercial break right now. They're replaying it immediately after, too.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Ha what's going on with Sexy Star's ring gear :haw:

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Yo can anyone figure out what Verizon's "20GB of limitless data" means? That makes no sense whatsoever. It's either 20GB limit, or it's limitless...

eljackass
May 19, 2004

That DDT was pretty cool

eljackass
May 19, 2004

I hope part of this story line of Mascarita getting squashed this season is that he eventually comes back, goes on a rampage and destroys *everyone* a la Brock Lesnar

eljackass
May 19, 2004

It usually takes me until i watch each episode the 2nd time to get what's going on in the vignettes...mostly coz I'm not always paying full attention :) But I gotta say they're a hell of lot better than any storylines and/or promos on RAW, for example! Seems like Lucha Underground does a whole lot more in 1 hour than WWE does in 3 sometimes -- that's why this is my absolute favorite tv show each week

eljackass
May 19, 2004

NO REGERTS

eljackass
May 19, 2004

I trust that this WMD match will be f'in awesome. Here we are halfway through, and we've got as many commercials as actual show, and half of that were 2 squashes basically

I have faith in you Lucha Underground!

eljackass
May 19, 2004

YES thank you!

eljackass
May 19, 2004

YES thank you!

EDIT: This so far reminds me, how I often have to explain to people who are new to pro wrestling that "they're not really trying to kill each other!" If they were all really trying to seriously injure each other, everyone would be dead or seriously injured within the first few minutes and then there'd be no one left to wrestle.

It's not fake, it's real entertainment! NO they're not gonna shoot each other or use those grenades and bombs. I had to explain this to a friend of mine just now :xd:

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Great White Hope posted:

Dario actually did kill a man and he got arrested for it. Just because it's allowed in a wrestling context doesn't make it legal!

Well you got a point there

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Reminds me of last year's Iron Man match -- some of those bumps were so gnarly looking, "you realize that there's another human being on the other side of that ladder, right??"

A lot of this match has been pure OUCH, and Marty's head cut is the least of it!

:rock:

eljackass
May 19, 2004

HOLY poo poo

Hahaha that was awesome

eljackass
May 19, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

Watching Conan murder the gently caress out of James Earl Jones seems a very appropriate lead in for Lucha Underground

(edit): I also enjoy watching Dario make fun of Sexy Star's terrible pronunciation

:) She speaks very little English

At the same time I enjoy Dario's artificial Castilian too, just as kind of like a jab to the local Spanish speakers

e: drat, brother! are we the only only 2 ppl in the thread right atm?

eljackass
May 19, 2004

HAHAHAHA Dario sounds like OJ right there! "I want to find the real killer and bring him to justice"

(where you lookin at, in the bottom of the 18th hole??) :haw:

eljackass
May 19, 2004

That's the first time I've ever heard or seen Pentagon and Roman's name in the same sentence

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Well I guess they're trying to tape an entertaining show each week, and perhaps they have to adjust the storylines for legit injuries. I don't mind that at all, however when I'm paying attention, it does indeed mess with the continuity esp. with the crowd, etc.

Question: Are they already done taping this season? Any word on Season 4? (I could always look it up after the show...)

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Benne posted:

On the bright side, I no longer have to hear Striker pronounce "Siniestro" about 10 different times per match.

Also it would be kinda funny if Vampiro would constantly correct him, as long as it doesn't take away from calling the match!

To my fault, I can speak Spanish but as a native English speaker, I could never roll my R's, ever. All my spanish friends make fun of me for trying

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Chavo's character part, as a somewhat dumbass heel, is part of his character I think. He's easy to make fun of!

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

Chavo's compulsive need to be a shithead cost him the match. I like that :)

That's basically what I meant, but in different words :)

I remember last season he had a legit hamstring injury, and they still did air it, but I could tell that it was a legit injury coz I had the exact same type a year before. That's some of the worst pain you'd never want to ever feel

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Ring ze Bell!

eljackass
May 19, 2004

HAHAHA this entrance is AWESOME :rock:

eljackass
May 19, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh my god, his tiny custom sidecar

Yo is the Fubo stream a little bit behind? Just now Mascarita just tagged in Son of Havoc

eljackass
May 19, 2004

That sucks, so we can't type a GDT in real time with some ppl. I still will, unless someone requests that I don't :)

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Yeah that was a stupid finish. I wonder if Famous B will still make me famous? I should call him up

Edit:

Pinwiz11 posted:

I was so excited for Mascarita to get revenge... :smith:

Yah me too

eljackass
May 19, 2004

I don't care bout what all y'all think, I think Sexy Star is awesome :)

eljackass
May 19, 2004

YES awesome entrance and gear!!

E: I've never heard of The Substitute. It looks awesome

eljackass
May 19, 2004

I always have subtitles on my TV. When she just caught Jack's boot to the face, it read "Oh. Ugh."

still laughing about that for some reason

eljackass
May 19, 2004

YES! Kendo stick to the cojones

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Offtopic: Has anyone seen Ash vs Evil Dead? If it's poo poo, would it ruin Army of Darkness for me?

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Right on, thank you! :rock:

E: like for example, I still haven't seen, and refuse to watch Blues Brothers 2000 coz that would be a total downer

eljackass
May 19, 2004

I hope Chavo plays the part of "complete and utter rear end in a top hat" during this match

eljackass
May 19, 2004

DangerDummy! posted:

It's a decent mix of Army of Darkness goofiness and Evil Dead 2 gore and horror. I like it a lot. I can't see it "ruining" anything for anyone.

Thanks brother! Some ppl were dogging it out as a real turkey, but yunno you can't trust all of the ppl internet, can ya?

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Drop-toehold is one of my fave moves in wrestling

eljackass
May 19, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

loving this history lesson by Vampiro

hahahaha yeah he's barely calling the match! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eljackass
May 19, 2004

I think so

• Locked thread