Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's Harry Potter weekend on the free form channel fam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
who?

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

is that on regular rear end tv?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Someone told me today that guy is an alcoholic.

I always thought Daniel Radcliffe was a Goon.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
im sorry it still not clear to me who this is. is this some sort of ceramics prodigy?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I wanted to hate the harry potter movies but they're not bad.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Buttmeister posted:

im sorry it still not clear to me who this is. is this some sort of ceramics prodigy?

Affirmative.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think those movies were that good but Radcliffe turned out to be a good actor. I don't know what happened to the other 2.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Is OP even speaking English?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
gj letting us know when the weekend's almost over

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I'm watching Wizard People, Dear Reader

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I used to love thanksgiving because that was the star wars holiday

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
die in a wingardium leviosa related incident OP

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Best current harry potter is the magicians.
https://youtu.be/zFn03QGxonA

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

He's Snape's boyfriend.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Dreddout posted:

He's Snape's boyfriend.

Snape died in the actorpocolypse, which is still ongoing. :(

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
harry potter rules *flies off on a broom*

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Nathilus posted:

Best current harry potter is the magicians.
https://youtu.be/zFn03QGxonA

I watched 2 whole episodes of that and it was the dumbest thing I've seen in years. It makes harry potter seem like it was written by George Elliot.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I watched 2 whole episodes of that and it was the dumbest thing I've seen in years.

Granted its dumb as gently caress. But so is harry potter. They are similar, you see.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I'm watching Wizard People, Dear Reader

i wish you luck on not hating your parents for mixing up such an unthinkable person

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
i don't like harry potter. at all. only read the 1st book, don't mean to read the next ones.

after my sister readthe 1st book, she came up with the theory that the book is racist, since it differentiates between wizards and muggles, making the latter to be untermenschen.

I wonder what thew tumblr folk, who must love this schlock, think about it.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I hated harry potter and I read all 7 books because I wanted to know what people were talking about. Like when Umberto Eco talks about reading Dan Brown.

I was given the first book by a cousin when I was 12, and I thought they were hella racist and that harry was a pussy and and idiot for not calling CPS on his bitch aunt's rear end and her fat sack husband.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Gatekeeper posted:

i wish you luck on not hating your parents for mixing up such an unthinkable person

That was a good one. I also liked pretty much anything he said about Snape or Maggie Smith. Everybody go torrent it right now, it's better than any of the Harry Potter movies with the original dialogue intact, I mean do any of you even give a poo poo what happens to a boy wizard? You're adults for christ's sake.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

I hated harry potter and I read all 7 books because I wanted to know what people were talking about. Like when Umberto Eco talks about reading Dan Brown.

I was given the first book by a cousin when I was 12, and I thought they were hella racist and that harry was a pussy and and idiot for not calling CPS on his bitch aunt's rear end and her fat sack husband.
It's England, remember. They don't have that there.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

H.H posted:

i don't like harry potter. at all. only read the 1st book, don't mean to read the next ones.

after my sister readthe 1st book, she came up with the theory that the book is racist, since it differentiates between wizards and muggles, making the latter to be untermenschen.

I wonder what thew tumblr folk, who must love this schlock, think about it.

Your sis is correct. Death eaters are nazis except they hate filthy muggles instead of jews. It's their whole shtick. It doesn't make the books racist though any more than schindler's list is antisemetic cuz there are actual nazis in it tho.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I dunno man, everyone seemed pretty cool with the elf slaves even at the end.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I dunno man, everyone seemed pretty cool with the elf slaves even at the end.

There was a whole subplot about that. Hermione went all tumblr and started an sjw for elves league. No humans cared and the elves were confused. They like servitude or something. She got nowhere. Lol.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Nathilus posted:

Your sis is correct. Death eaters are nazis except they hate filthy muggles instead of jews. It's their whole shtick. It doesn't make the books racist though any more than schindler's list is antisemetic cuz there are actual nazis in it tho.

do regular wizards see themselves sa superior benefactors?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Nathilus posted:

There was a whole subplot about that. Hermione went all tumblr and started an sjw for elves league. No humans cared and the elves were confused. They like servitude or something. She got nowhere. Lol.

I know. I thought it was hosed up. Like all white people hermione gave up her civil rights crusade the fist time it became mildly inconvenient. That's why people should be pissed shes being played by a black lady. She's a female uncle tom.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Nathilus posted:

Everybody still calls them muggles, though, which seems kind of an insulting term.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I know. I thought it was hosed up. Like all white people hermione gave up her civil rights crusade the fist time it became mildly inconvenient. That's why people should be pissed shes being played by a black lady. She's a female uncle tom.

She stopped because the house elves didnt want her help. She realized that by trying to force her own values onto them, she was being hella patronizing. It's like nega-white-mans-burden.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

H.H posted:

do regular wizards see themselves sa superior benefactors?

Some clearly do. Others seem to find muggles either fascinating (muggle fever) or nbd.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"You're continued slavery is ok because of cultural relativism and prolonged Stockholm syndrome would make it economically inconvenient to reintegrate you into free society."

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Wrote the white British lady.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

haha, what a piece of poo poo.

at least Tolkien explains that orcs are corrupted elves, meaning that they can't help themselves.

the southrons are a different matter, but that can be explained by their desire of gaining fertile territory to the north without realizing that sauron can't be trusted.

in any case, rowling is a hack, and a racist one at that.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

"You're continued slavery is ok because of cultural relativism and prolonged Stockholm syndrome would make it economically inconvenient to reintegrate you into free society."

The only elf in the series that wanted freedom got it. Don't know how much more ideal the books have been in this regard.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Harry Potter is a fine book series for a lonely kid to enjoy, but if you like it as an adult you should at least have the good sense to be ashamed of yourself

Having said that, I've head good things about the Butterbeer they serve at the Universal theme parks and would like to try it someday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Nathilus posted:

The only elf in the series that wanted freedom got it. Don't know how much more ideal the books have been in this regard.

You gringos will never get it.

• Locked thread