Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Shrooms be legalized for adult use?
Yesm we need to get our act together and legalize shrooms so ppl can trip balls like a motherfucker.
No, i'm a small-minded rear end in a top hat and shrooms are too much fun to be legally allowed.
View Results

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Hey yall, i think it's time to legalize shrooms. But first a disclaimer

Do you believe, like i do, that people have a right to trip balls like a motherfucker and wake up the next morning in a strange bed next to a old lady? Because if you do you've come to the right place, it's da shroom legalization thread

Shrooms can be a useful tool to learn about one's self, and to treat ptsd in veterans and also in grandma. They, like, cure cluster headaches, which over .00005% of people experience.

So what do you say,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When are these things supposed to kick in, I'm not feelin poo poo. :jerky:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Drugs can be fun, but nothing beats the natural high from family, friends and hard work

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
(good) shrooms is one of the greatest possible experiences one can have, and its virtually harmless. so much so the DEA is like "it makes you trip..." and lists no real side effects, a group that famously lists pretty amazing side effects for things like weed. its the only drug im aware of thats just "illegal", nobody gives a gently caress about it. they dont even regulate the spores you need to grow them (you can order them and they ship them right to you, its not illegal and untraced and never will be because nobody gives a poo poo). I highly recommend a well thought out adventure on shrooms at least once for everybody

namaste

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They're already legal in new mexico

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

legalize shroomz

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

(good) shrooms is one of the greatest possible experiences one can have, and its virtually harmless. so much so the DEA is like "it makes you trip..." and lists no real side effects, a group that famously lists pretty amazing side effects for things like weed. its the only drug im aware of thats just "illegal", nobody gives a gently caress about it. they dont even regulate the spores you need to grow them (you can order them and they ship them right to you, its not illegal and untraced and never will be because nobody gives a poo poo). I highly recommend a well thought out adventure on shrooms at least once for everybody

namaste

Honestly I want to try, but kinda wary because of the mindfuck.

What would you say to that?

Is there any paranoia involved?

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
voting Hell Yeah on shrooms legalization

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
hell yeah

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm going to grow my own

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i had a great time in high school on shrooms but now that i'm older i am afraid of the darkness and misery that will come out that I have been holding back.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.H posted:

set aside like 4 or 5 hours and do it up

if you're feelin a bad put this on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENeJYBnP5gg

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Fonzarelli posted:

i had a great time in high school on shrooms but now that i'm older i am afraid of the darkness and misery that will come out that I have been holding back.

nah dude it's even more awesome now that you're old

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
I heart shrooms.

Only once or twice a year though. Preferably when camping.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I wish I could trip 24/7 and not be a homeless train wreck

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Divine Styler posted:

I heart shrooms.

Only once or twice a year though. Preferably when camping.

legit

you'd really have to try hard to get a bad experience on mushrooms

StarLoveDeluXe
Apr 16, 2016

by zen death robot
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Mamma Mia!

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

i have a friend who's going to give me free acid, how does that compare?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Jimlit posted:

I wish I could trip 24/7 and not be a homeless train wreck

do you need your cats taken care of?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

cloofish posted:

i have a friend who's going to give me free acid, how does that compare?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hZVWuMEbFI

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I love any drug that makes my gi tract freak the gently caress out with puking and diarrhea!

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

H.H posted:

Just don't take too much. The only bad part is the beginning , it kind of makes your stomach upset and if you aren't aware that its going to go away (completely) it can be a little upsetting because that's also when you start to feel funny. A little alcohol helps with this a lot actually.

Have good music and good A/C and cool lights. Can have some nature stuff queued up on Netflix or something but honestly you're just going to do what you want to do when it comes down to it.

The best is like a great day at a park or beach but that's a little riskier being in public so its up to you. Don't be alone if you're outside in case you start trying to convince people how you literally understand now that Jesus is in the grass.

The more critical part of it all is acquiring shrooms that are great rather than mediocre, and unfortunately this affects the amount you need to take. A lot of shrooms start that way ("cubes are cubes ") but get more or less ruined by sitting around or getting too hot, etc. Its easier just to grow a small personal batch in a 2 liter bottle. Id just Google that though

If you grow your own and you just freshly dried them, 2 grams is all you need to start feeling different dimensions / understanding how your cat is actually a manifestation of God without literally tripping balls.

Its really hard to do wrong unless you take too much then you puke and poo poo a lot.

Oh make sure the area you're in is clean.

Dont worry about addiction or whatever. I'm sure its possible, but its not really possible, if you get my drift. Like someone out there is huffing canned air right now and can't stop.

penus penus penus fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 5, 2016

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
You don't truly understand the isolation of dying alone is until you've either died alone or taken a trip to the bathroom on shrooms.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

legit

you'd really have to try hard to get a bad experience on mushrooms

i don't know how to describe it but they always seemed too "sharp" for me, LSD was much more, uh, pleasant? soft? idk. I didn't dislike shrooms they just weren't a particularly pleasurable experience and nowhere near as interesting as LSD

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

however one of the times i did shrooms i became a sphere that could see in all directions at once for a few seconds and the memories from that experience are all jumbled and weird because my brain can't process the sensory data my drugged brain recorded

the other time i just thought really hard about a hallucination of a 3D model of an engine that was brightly colored and clearly visible whenever I closed my eyes, p boring :shrug:

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

i don't know how to describe it but they always seemed too "sharp" for me, LSD was much more, uh, pleasant? soft? idk. I didn't dislike shrooms they just weren't a particularly pleasurable experience and nowhere near as interesting as LSD

Strange. I'm in my early 40's, and have done quite a bit of both acid and shrooms. All of my unpleasant trips have been on LSD. I just never get that sense that I'm not in control when tripping on shrooms. If you feel sick, you just puke them up and you're normal an hour later. With acid, you drop a tab or two and you're committed to it for the next 8 hours.

In my crusty age, I can't imagine taking acid again. I did shrooms maybe 3 weeks back. Tubed down the Kern River with 5-6 friends and some beers. Good times.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

I was diagnosed with cluster headaches at the age of 15.
My state has legal marijuana. Marijuana does nothing for them, and I don't like weed that much anyway.
Mushrooms are like a magic bullet.

At the very least let me doc prescribe me mushrooms.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

H.H posted:

You can just take a small amount and it won't break your head

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Booourns posted:

You can just take a small amount and it won't break your head

microdosing is the way to go I guess.

it's kinda difficult to get ahold of here, but maybe if I have some friends who are down i'll give it a try.

what would you consider a small amount?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

H.H posted:

microdosing is the way to go I guess.

it's kinda difficult to get ahold of here, but maybe if I have some friends who are down i'll give it a try.

what would you consider a small amount?

Just smoke DMT

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
shrooms ok ok okokokokokkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Divine Styler posted:

Strange. I'm in my early 40's, and have done quite a bit of both acid and shrooms. All of my unpleasant trips have been on LSD. I just never get that sense that I'm not in control when tripping on shrooms. If you feel sick, you just puke them up and you're normal an hour later. With acid, you drop a tab or two and you're committed to it for the next 8 hours.

In my crusty age, I can't imagine taking acid again. I did shrooms maybe 3 weeks back. Tubed down the Kern River with 5-6 friends and some beers. Good times.

Yeah I know plenty of people who had bad experiences with acid but I've done it probably hundreds of times back in college and, while I've had bad trips, the vast majority were very enjoyable and it's one of the few drugs I wish I could do again now that I'm a boring adult working a boring job. Shrooms weren't bad, I didn't feel out of control or anything, they just felt, I don't know, "uncomfortable" somehow? Not even like anxiety or anything just... harsh, uncomfortable, something like that. :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

And my bad trips were never like "oh god the world is made of spiders" kinds, just "holy gently caress I am crying harder than I have cried ever before and I will continue crying for the next 6 hours"

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

The Sphinxster posted:

I love any drug that makes my gi tract freak the gently caress out with puking and diarrhea!

sounds like you ate the kind that kills you, not the other kind

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I keep reading articles about how psychedelics can help with anxiety, ptsd and all sorts of things and then I realize it's probably 10+ years before LSD/shrooms might become legal in some way and it makes me sad all day.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

katkillad2 posted:

I keep reading articles about how psychedelics can help with anxiety, ptsd and all sorts of things and then I realize it's probably 10+ years before LSD/shrooms might become legal in some way and it makes me sad all day.

what the hell is your av

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

katkillad2 posted:

Taken responsibly the drugs already available can be quite effective. The right SSRI and possibly an as needed benzo combined with ongoing psychotherapy is very effective.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Iron Prince posted:

what the hell is your av

a cat in a blender, no big deal. its a stuffed animal and not real

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

katkillad2 posted:

a cat in a blender, no big deal. its a stuffed animal and not real

oh word i was kind of worried