Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What in God's name is going on with this woman's body?

Is there a spike of flesh coming out of her right side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Not having seen any of the Spider-Man games outside of this thread, when that intro cutscene started I was expecting this to be an origin story (for Doc Ock if not for Spider-Man) so it's a pleasant surprise to see that the villains appear to be well established.

On the other hand, is Spidey OK with just knocking people off skyscrapers? That doesn't seem right to me, even if they are bad guys.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pizdec posted:

The addition of the shadows also kinda makes the guards look more like dumbasses.

The shadows are really weird. What light source is supposedly casting a life-sized shadow on the floor when Spidey's crawling across the ceiling?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

It's a common issue with Spider-Man, but far more apparent than usual in this game: What the gently caress is he swinging from?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

It says something when Newspaper Spider-Man, he of the bricks to the head, is better at protecting his secret ID:

You say that, but newspaper Spider-Man once showed up for a complete exam from his doctor (for insurance I think?) forgetting that he was wearing his costume underneath his clothes. And tried to board a flight in costume (and had to be saved by a phone call from Barack Obama). And regularly hangs around his famous movie star wife as both Peter and Spidey.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

It always annoys me when games have specific dialogue assuming that the player is doing a particular thing regardless of what's actually happening, as with Black Cat taunting Spidey about being slow even though you're actually right next to her.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

This game is making a really good case for Spider-Man ditching MJ and going for Black Cat instead.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The web swinging in these games always looks wrong to me. Like, there seems to be something pushing you away from buildings when you first hit them with a web line, so instead of swinging straight towards them you arc outwards in a disconcerting manner. You should have to alternate between swinging to the left and the right, but it seems like you can just stay on one side and it works fine.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Spidey getting punched by a giant fist out of nowhere is delightful. :allears:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The main problem I often have with boss fights is that once you figure out the solution it becomes tedious as you have to do it several times (as you did here). OK, make it a puzzle instead of a normal fight, but once I've solved the puzzle let me move on.

• Locked thread