Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Kelsing posted:

Also, The Shocker is one of my favorite Spider-Man villains, if only for what a complete joke he's often portrayed as.

except for Spectacular Spider-Man, there weren't many loser villains in that rendition. le sigh, if only we could've gotten that 3rd season :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

man MJ sure has a lot more spunk in the games. Reminds me of one of the reasons I really enjoyed Amazing Spider-Man, they kept Gwen's personality intact from the movie and made her even more snarky

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

this feels like one of the few games where Black Cat is actually portrayed as one of the "good guys" (only other one I can think of offhand is Maximum Carnage). It seems every other Spidey game if she's present she's a criminal that Spidey apprehends much like Shocker or Rhino

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

ya know it's been a few years since I've seen Spider-Man 2 all the way through but I don't remember Peter being this mopey. Hell not even Spider-Man 3 was he like this, what happened?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

wait, what? that was Kirsten Dunst? Man they had some pretty different direction compared to the actual movie, especially since MJ had more personality in this game than the movie.

I gotta watch Spider-Man 2 again, I think this game is clouding my perception

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Well hey you record the footage and then you spend 2 weeks perfecting the commentary. That's how I would do it :v:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

RandomNinja posted:

Also, it eventually just turned in to the needlessly complicated and convoluted Avengers/Secret Avengers/Ultimates/New Ultimates crap from the main universe.

New Avengers looked like it was going to be something but they just didn't have any good stories and the Ultimate universe was on death's door. Then again I think I say that because I liked what they were doing with Cloak and Dagger but I guess Miles Morales is the only survivor :(

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

why did they do another Civil War when most comics people agree that the first Civil War was terrible? Then again, we also got Ultimatum and then Ultimate End or whatever and...have Marvel big events every been good? Or is it just that in the 21st century the writers don't know what they're doing?

Well, maybe not since we also got Spider-Verse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also, did you just imply Spider-Verse was good? Because if so, you and I are enemies now. :arghfist::spidey:

But we're getting somewhat off-topic.

True I think I remembered Spider-Verse differently, but then again I read it for the various off-shoots, so the issue that was just Noir-Spidey or just 2099 Spidey, etc.

Also if it wasn't for Spider-Verse we wouldn't have gotten Spider-Gwen and I guess that's all I have to say that's positive (truth be told I never actually read a lot of the huge crossover comics, even the Beyonder arc I just read the Spidey comics because Spidey is all I care about in the Marvel universe at this point)

• Locked thread