Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

After playing this game back on the N64, it sure is weird seeing the cutscenes actually played out.

I'm in the same boat. I didn't even know that the game was supposed to have cutscenes until I found a playthrough of the PS1 version on the Archive. That said, I remember the game being fun, if frustrating at times, so it's nice to revisit it through this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

GamesAreSupernice posted:

There'll be a few extras before we jump into The Movie Game (finally)

I'm pretty excited for you to cover The Movie Game. I played it a lot when I was younger, and it has a special place in my heart. It's one of the most underappreciated games in the series, in my opinion, and it also has the best extras in any Spider-Man game ever.

Playing as the Green Goblin and firebombing people to death while dozens of razorbats fly around you was the coolest thing ever. The fact that the Green Goblin had his own unique story and voice acting was just icing on the cake.

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?
I'm glad you're showing off all of the different combos and secrets, because as an impatient kid that played this game, I could not be arsed to find every single secret and combo. I wasn't even aware that the second secret in the first level was a thing.

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

Which one? The purse lady or the combo?

The combo. You'd think that I would've discovered it, given how many times I've played this game, but I never did.

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

Alexeythegreat posted:

...let alone by the PC version of Spider-Man 2...

I always forget that there was a PC version of Spider-Man 2. Then I look it up and I realize why I forgot about it.

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?
I always thought that the voice actor for Uncle Ben's voice-over was really out of place. He sounds more like the announcer for one of the Soulcalibur games than Pete's elderly uncle.

I really liked these early levels, because they weren't making me pull my hair out every ten minutes. Also, The Shocker is one of my favorite Spider-Man villains, if only for what a complete joke he's often portrayed as.

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

AmewTheFox posted:

As for update stuff, it never occurred to me that the Web Dome actually does make you completely invincible, even if it makes no dang sense.

I never even thought to use Web Dome against half of the stuff you can use it for. I mean, how could a Web Dome protect against Shocker's giant gently caress-off vibration beam in the subway?

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

I do remember feeling really bad for Scorpion, and I do like that they gave him a unique character for the game

I really like it when villains are portrayed not as bad people, but insane and/or out of control people. It makes them much more interesting and tragic as opposed to "I'm evil just because," or, "I want money".

This version of Scorpion in especially tragic, what with him screaming about how spiders are crawling all over him and how he hates the suit that he's stuck in. :smith:

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?
I have to say, Willem Dafoe really kills it as a voice actor. Then again, he's just a fantastic actor period, so I'm not too surprised.

I forgot how badly Goblin gets destroyed by spammed Cannonball Kicks. It's kind of embarrasing.

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

This one has a giant robot in it

That giant laser was no joke. You could go from full health to dead in 10 seconds if you got unlucky enough, if I remember correctly.

God, this game was difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?
The best thing in the world was putting on the cheat that makes the Goblin Glider never overheat and just completely decimating everything in the game by stunlocking them until they die with the machine guns. Or just using Goblin's ability to run super fast to knock all of the enemies over forever. What a great bonus mode.

• Locked thread