Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Tiggum posted:

On the other hand, is Spidey OK with just knocking people off skyscrapers? That doesn't seem right to me, even if they are bad guys.
He's not supposed to be (in the comics he always tries to save anyone who's falling to their death, even if it's a supervillain), but occasionally poo poo happens in the games. This is also pretty tame compared to what we'll see in Spider-Man 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

That weirdo with the purple mask is very clearly not Bonesaw. :colbert:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Willem Dafoe in this game is also a rare example of a famous actor's likeness in a licensed game being less terrifying than the actual person.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I forgot how grainy the PS2 version looked. Not that this is a particularly pretty game on any platform, but the Gamecube and Xbox versions are at least a bit smoother and have slightly nicer effects. The Gamecube version doesn't seem to have a widescreen option for some reason, though.

I fired up my Gamecube copy after watching this episode, and even though I haven't played the game in 12 years the web-swinging is already coming right back to me. The rest of the game doesn't seem to have aged all that well, but the movement was always the main draw anyway.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

This game in general has some real quality voice acting.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I totally forgot this game goes full 1960s Batman. I remembered the Statue of Liberty bit and Mysterio's lame Zero Wing and The Day the Earth Stood Still references, but had completely blocked out the funhouse section. :wtc:

This whole part should have been in the Spider-Man 2 film.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

KieranWalker posted:

I don't know who voices Black Cat in this game, but she's the only actor who really sells it. Dunst and McGuire are phoning it in, but Black Cat's VA really hit it home.
I think it's Grey DeLisle, who also plays Catwoman in the Arkham games.

edit: Apparently it's not. Huh. According to IMDB, it's Holly Fields. Also, Aunt May was voiced by Frau Farbissina from Austin Powers.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 28, 2016

• Locked thread